7 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Lol @Dolemite   I need to be entertained by dumb AI bots for years to be a real fan of a franchise that is 30 years old?

Yes. And shove your "lol" up your ass.

• Like 1

Offline bots are hilariously stupid. I just played a couple of matches with them on hard mode, they're a total joke. Making a list of what I've noticed about them, will make another post later.

What I will say for now is they love a casual swimming session and romantic walk in the woods with Jason. They also like playing hide and seek right in front of you.

PS: The first Tommy Jarvis I ran into spent his time opening one drawer, over and over again, even while I was slashing him. Amazing. This is your offline mode guys, enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About what I expected. On a positive note, it's Jason without any stress. On the downside, it's Jason without any stress.

Too easy. Not my taste, but I'm glad some people seem to like it.

18 minutes ago, malloymk said:

About what I expected. On a positive note, it's Jason without any stress. On the downside, it's Jason without any stress.

Too easy. Not my taste, but I'm glad some people seem to like it.

And that's the whole problem right there. Jason without any stress is Jason without any fun. The whole point of playing him is love for the hunt, which you simply won't get with bots because even if they were genuinely challenging, it's only a matter of time before you figure all of them out. Unlike human players. Multiplayer will always be the #1 experience of this game.

What I am happy about with this offline mode however is its capability for testing. Other than that there's not much excitement there. IMO they need to add a strong AI Jason, as I think that would be a whole lot more enjoyable than counselor bots.

43 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

That one, too.

Aren’t you testy for someone who was, as you yourself wrote, “overjoyed” by the patch. Lol

The bots remind me of how fun the game used to be in public matches. Since you earn XP and CP, there’s no reason to play in public matches any longer.  At least until Jason rules again, if that ever happens.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I’d rather play with brain dead bots that walk into fucking walls than 99% of the shitheads online. 

Same man.  If people complain the bots are too easy, maybe they should poke an eye out.  Maybe use super glue to deform an ear.  Maybe have someone hit them in the face with a shovel until they look like sloth from the Goonies.  I for one am happy to NOT have to deal with the BS that is public matches.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Offline bots are hilariously stupid. I just played a couple of matches with them on hard mode, they're a total joke. Making a list of what I've noticed about them, will make another post later.

What I will say for now is they love a casual swimming session and romantic walk in the woods with Jason. They also like playing hide and seek right in front of you.

PS: The first Tommy Jarvis I ran into spent his time opening one drawer, over and over again, even while I was slashing him. Amazing. This is your offline mode guys, enjoy it.

This >>>>> Playing with human beings

I almost feel bad killing these bots... they're so stupid it's almost adorable. Just had a match where Adam, Deborah, and Vanessa all hid in one cabin once I entered. Picked them off one by one. Poor little guys. 

37 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

The bots remind me of how fun the game used to be in public matches. Since you earn XP and CP, there’s no reason to play in public matches any longer.  At least until Jason rules again, if that ever happens.

Unless you also want badge and trophy progress.

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

And that's the whole problem right there. Jason without any stress is Jason without any fun. The whole point of playing him is love for the hunt, which you simply won't get with bots because even if they were genuinely challenging, it's only a matter of time before you figure all of them out. Unlike human players. Multiplayer will always be the #1 experience of this game.

What I am happy about with this offline mode however is its capability for testing. Other than that there's not much excitement there. IMO they need to add a strong AI Jason, as I think that would be a whole lot more enjoyable than counselor bots.

Ugh yes I would kill for a Jason AI, part of me is still hoping it might happen at some point but I don't think it will based on their past responses on the topic. 

I wish we were currently able to select the outfits for the bots too, and maybe even which 7 bots you want to play against. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to. 

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Just quoting this for reference as I've played a bunch of offline matches now and this is a problem with every Tommy Jarvis. In every match I find him stuck in a loop of opening and closing a drawer in one place.

10 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Its good to know that the development time spent on offline bots was wasted just as it will be wasted on single player challenges. They could've just dropped single player like they did to other proposed things and then said it was too hard and the game would have been better for it.

I’ve been incredibly critical of Gun and Illfonic lately, but I was surprised to see that they actually did a decent job on the bots; in my opinion. There are definitely some issues with them, but they're a lot better than I was expecting. With some fine-tuning, I think they can make the bots even better. For what it is, I think it’s great. A good practice mode, at least. The virtual cabin, on the other hand, is an absolute masterpiece. 

• Like 2

Thought I'd give the Jasons with 3 traps (Part 7, 4 & 9) a try on hard difficulty on the small maps:

Questionable decisions made by the counselors. Tommy continues his obsession with the drawer.

I'm not good enough to be killing all counselors but I am in these games so I'd like to see a bump up in difficulty. I still find the mode fun overall though. Finally feel like I'm playing Friday the 13th and not a drawer opening simulator (though Tommy can't let it go).

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

He's a scrooge.

So....do you feel more like Jason with the Bots?

Also, could u do a Part 7 video with the new kills on the Bots? I can't play till January so I'll watch u

Part 7 is in here but the new kills aren't up on the store yet. Haven't decided if I'll grab when they're up.

4 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Dude! That is so cool! I can't wait to play the game once I update it :) Also, was there a playerlist? My fake OCD always rages whenever I don't see someone pull up the list. Lol. When AJ swam in front of you I just died. Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

There is but I didn't think of checking it because it was offline.

3 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I’d rather play with brain dead bots that walk into fucking walls than 99% of the shitheads online. 

Ditto.

16 minutes ago, PrestonDelRey said:

Can confirm that bots do betray each other lol 

P.s, I was afk and it kills me inside that Chad escaped.

DRZfVQOXUAAlgcb_kindlephoto-842679.jpg

I left the councilors to it to see what happened and Chad escaped by car on his own haha

In another match I watched another reverse over fox, yes indeed they do betray :)

29 minutes ago, kohagan said:

left the councilors to it to see what happened and Chad escaped by car on his own haha

Proof that Chad is indeed a dick.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Around half of them end up being seek and destroy kills for me.

Yes, they are real cowards.