16 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I love how team killing is a thing in offline mode, haha.   It's funny seeing a Chad or Vanessa killed by a shot gun blast.  

Yes, but also fuck no, I want my full 150xp for that bot! 

• Like 1

I had been waiting for offline content for quite a while and finally picked up the PS4 version on Monday. My experience with offline bots so far has been pretty different from what others have reported here. I think this may have to do with the player level (just reached 2), as well as my general (lack of) skill. 

-The bots do not go down without a fight for me. I have only managed two successful grabs so far. Mostly, I end up with a knife in the neck. Firecrackers get thrown at me a lot and I have been fired at and hit with a baseball bat on a few occaisions. 

-In 4 matches, no councellor has attempted to hide from me. They mostly run away or, rarely, fight back and run away when I am down.

-In 3/4 matches I have played so far (3 on Easy and 1 on Normal), Tommy Jarvis has been called.

-I have not managed to kill all counsellors in a single game. Mostly 1 to 3 in games with 3 counsellors plus Tommy Jarvis.

All in all, the game has been pretty fun for me and I look forward to unlocking new kills and Jasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The bots need work.  When I enter a cabin they usually always hide in there and sometimes right in front of me lol.  I have encountered bots where they just stand there and don't even try to run away even when I am standing right in front of them, and they didn't try to use their weapon either.  Some of them get stuck running into the wall or something else in their way.  I was playing bots on hard and it's easy, I  always kill every one of them.  They need to make them act more like real players would, like if they are trying to escape in the car, they should defend it if Jason stops it, like get out and try to stun him and drive away for example.

These are probably the worst bots I've seen in a current gen since the hastily added Skirmish mode ones in Battlefront 2015.  They're constantly doing brain dead things like getting stuck on the environment, jumping through windows only to turn around and jump right back into Jason's arms, hiding right in front of you, and circling back while fleeing so that you can grab them.  It's hard to get any kind of real game out of them even when you handicap yourself.  This feels finished in the sense they can check it off the 'stuff we promised' list, not finished in the sense they actually made it work properly.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

These are probably the worst bots I've seen in a current gen since the hastily added Skirmish mode ones in Battlefront 2015.  They're constantly doing brain dead things like getting stuck on the environment, jumping through windows only to turn around and jump right back into Jason's arms, hiding right in front of you, and circling back while fleeing so that you can grab them.  It's hard to get any kind of real game out of them even when you handicap yourself.  This feels finished in the sense they can check it off the 'stuff we promised' list, not finished in the sense they actually made it work properly.

Agree. They seem to enjoy jumping out of a locked cabin right into your arms. No stalk required!

On 12/19/2017 at 4:20 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’m finding that most of the bots are just hiding in closets and under beds, and not even doing a good job at it. I want a chance to practice shift kills and hand to hand combat, not be given easy kills (and on “hard” at that). Seriously, last match 5/7 went under a bed. Where’s the fun in that?

Yep. Killed 8/8 and 7 (including Tommy) were hiding. The lone no hider was a Tiffany just standing outside in the woods for no reason.

Some stats from my games.  I played on the crystal lake map (small) three matches last night and two the night before.

I killed 33/40 in 5 matches.  So seven got away.

I haven't seen Tommy do the drawer glitch.  I did kill him twice in a cabin though and he never used his shotgun on me.  

I've never had a counseler run under a bed with me standing in front of them though I have seen them run and hide while I was looking through a window.  

They seem to work ok together in getting the cars going, even with me trapping the cars.  

From a fight perspective I've gotten knocked around a bit but nothing that Jason couldnt' handle.  

What I'd like to see improved:

* more team work.  If they spawn in, have a chance where 2-3 of them will band up and go hunting after Jason like I see in multiplayer.  Maybe make that "hard mode".  (I"d have hard mode try to emulate more what the players do in game and leave easy and normal kind of how they work right now with a bit of tweaking to some of the behavior)

* In hard mode, limit how many counselers will try to hide.  In a multiplayer match I notice one or two maybe will try this tactic.

* I've never had a female come at me with the sweater.  I'd like to see that tweaked

* When the cops are called I'd like to see the counselers more or less bee line to the cops.  Right now I notice that after the cops are called the counselers will sometimes sit around or hide.  Again this may be a hard mode only type deal.

* I've never seen the boat repaired yet.

* The counselers more or less operate by themselves.  Even if I catch a couple grouped up, if I go for one the other just bolts and leaves their buddy to die.  SOmetimes I think thats cool, but I'd like to see some more team work.  If I grab one and another with a weapon is in the vicinity I'd like to see that other counseler use their weapon on me to make me drop their buddy.

* Sometimes the counselers will not pay attention to their surroundings and just leap out of windows in front of me.  I think if Jason is in line of sight out of the window that they'd abort that attempt and try to find a different escape route.

All in all thank you for the effort.

@bewareofbears

I played as walking Jason. Didn't use morph, shift or stalk. Placed no traps and used no knifes. Only used sense.

No problem killing all 8 counselors at hard. Not even a sweat.

4 hours ago, Anonymous said:

The bots need work.  When I enter a cabin they usually always hide in there and sometimes right in front of me lol.  I have encountered bots where they just stand there and don't even try to run away even when I am standing right in front of them, and they didn't try to use their weapon either.  Some of them get stuck running into the wall or something else in their way.  I was playing bots on hard and it's easy, I  always kill every one of them.  They need to make them act more like real players would, like if they are trying to escape in the car, they should defend it if Jason stops it, like get out and try to stun him and drive away for example.

They usually hide under the hiding place closes to the entry point in the cabin. So it is quite easy to guess the right bed.

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

. I've been thinking about trying a game where I can't use shift or morph, or one where I can't use traps.

I've raun a match without using any jason's skill other than sense, no traps, no knife...still 8/8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auticus said:

I killed 33/40 in 5 matches.  So seven got away.

I haven't seen Tommy do the drawer glitch.  I did kill him twice in a cabin though and he never used his shotgun on me.  

I've never had a counseler run under a bed with me standing in front of them though I have seen them run and hide while I was looking through a window.  

They seem to work ok together in getting the cars going, even with me trapping the cars.  

From a fight perspective I've gotten knocked around a bit but nothing that Jason couldnt' handle.  

This is very weird to read. What platform are you on? Because I have had completely the opposite experiences after many hours of testing offline out. Other than the first point since not a single bot has escaped me on any mode and I find it difficult to imagine how they could. Even by letting cars get started, letting cops get called, placing no traps etc.

Tommy does 2 things on a regular basis, which are either getting himself stuck in a loop of opening/closing a drawer (which happens if he finds a walkie or map since he already has both) or being totally afk at some remote campsite.

All bots constantly hide under beds or in closets directly in front of me, every single match, to the point that I just Morph away when they do because there's no fun in the kill whatsoever. Otherwise the whole list of counselors would read "seek and destroyed".

They are so terrible at objectives that not only are they programmed to fail skillchecks, but don't even stop whatever they're doing (eg. installing battery) once you show up, and you can just grab them at your leisure. They only stop if you damage them eg. Throwing knife, otherwise are completely unaware.

From a fight perspective they are a joke, they most they will attempt is a predictable turn and burn, and if you want to just slash them then you can do so without them even putting up a fight (provided you don't stop swinging). They do fine with shotguns / flares, but are otherwise harmless.

Mostly what I see these bots do is get stuck on the environment, run around in a circle in one spot, not even move (which I believe means they have a pocket knife), jump into a cabin away from you and then jump right back outside to you, go for a casual swim when you're chasing them, run around with objective parts the whole match if you let them, and the list goes on and on. I know it's early days with the AI, but its current state needs a lot of work. 

Like I said before, next offline match I play I'm not even going to move other than via Shift and Morph and use throwing knives. Last thing I did in offline was build a little trap prison in a corner of Packanack Lodge and drop bots into it and watch them suicide. Must invent little games to get any amusement out of it since they are simply no challenge at all.

I'm on PC. 

I haven't seen them run around in circles yet.

However I am also not playing competitively.  If my goal was a challenge, then this wouldn't be something that I'd be interested in either, I'd stick to Dark Souls.

The excessive hiding needs to be tweaked.  I’ve also had numerous bots hide in beds or closets when I’m in the room with them.    Typically, I get about 3-6 of the counselors killed with seek and destroy.  I’d like less of that and more fighting back/teamwork.  Hopefully that will come in the first offline bot patch.  

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with these bots. I feel like Jason picking them all off. I haven’t experienced any of these issues. And the offline matches run faster and smoother than online. That being said, brain dead bots running in circles are 100 times better than racist, cheating, teabagging, glitching, team killing, squeaking, shitty internet having, game leaving trolls. It’s not even close. 

• Like 4

First game with bots. Here you can see Mitch break free just to return to me so I can kill him then we have Jenny learning about how doors work. Needless to say it was a very leisurely play and I took my time, absolutely zero pressure on me. Never thought once that these bots were going to escape my clutches. 

Posted this under AI can’t kill topic but meant here... it’s hilarious to see so many people seeing the same things. 

I’ve played three matches against the AI... 7/7 and two 8/8. They really are stupid. lol... one was watching lachappa dive through a window and land right in front of me. I just watched as he then dove back out. Then dove right back in and landed at my feet again. I grabbed him but let him go to see what he’d do. He dove out the window... only to dive right back in again at my feet. lol.... they all constantly hide right in front of you... and I also came upon tommy standing by a campfire. He screamed as i approached but didn’t move. So I just watched him for a few moments. Nothing. So I hit him with a pocket knife. Still nothing. Hit him again with another knife. The idiot instantly used health spray and then still just stood there. lmao... I finally grabbed him and let him go. He then finally ran off... and circled a rock and came right back to me and stopped by the fire. lol...

if you just wanna have fun dismembering people, trying different Jason’s... or earning some easy mindless XP and CP it’s worth it. But at this stage, they are INCREDIBLY dumb. By the way, this was all in hardest difficulty. lol

I think we definitely need more video evidence of stupid behavior.  That helps the devs a lot more IMO because they can see it happening.

I’ve seen so much random behavior from the offline bots and I keep seeing everyone having so many different experiences with them too. Is this on purpose or something? Why is there Rain in offline mode on Xbox One but not on PS4? Are some glitches exclusive to certain consoles? I’ve had Tommy Jarvis permanently stuck opening drawers but then others have not encountered this glitch.

I’m just so confused.

@GunMedia_Ben

2 problems I had are Tommy standing by a campfire or people hiding in closets and under beds right in front of me. Other than that I haven't seen any issues. Its a fun game mode to mess around in, test out different Jasons, kills, or just explore the map. I'm having a great time with it

I like it I find it fun, it's another way to get exp and you don't have to deal with people I know we all have experienced some rough public matches before so this is a nice way to keep playing and take a break from the occasional public match hell

• Like 1

Okay so just I noticed Badges for Jason do not count in offline mode I understand and am totally cool with trophies not counting but, was really hoping badges would count

Devs make a game based on movies about a dude with supernatural strength killing off dumb stock characters who make bad decisions. 

People are complaining because you can play as a dude with supernatural strength killing off dumb stock characters who make bad decisions.

Wow. As a lifelong, hardcore F13 fan, this game is a dream come true...offline bots provide for an authentic Jason experience in every way. I wonder if the complainers watch the movies and whine about how easy it is for Jason to kill the characters and why they're so stupid. It's fun. Go with it.

• Like 1

I've seen counselors go running in to the water right in front of me. I've found them lingering out in the deep end of the lake. I've had counselors duck in to hiding spots right before my eyes. I've seen them get in the car, fail to pick up anyone, and drive it in to a tree every 10 feet. I've had them climb out of windows right in front of me. I have even found counselors standing at an open drawer, who knows for how long. Sometimes one counselor will assist another, sometimes they'll block another just enough to let me kill that one. I've come across counselors while they try to finish a repair and they don't budge. I've seen Tommy running around the perimeter of the map doing nothing but drain his own stamina. The list goes on and on.

Now, about those offline bots....