40 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

What I've been doing is I've been drawing them out of hiding spots, unless they hide right as I'm walking up to them.

If I'm breaking down a door and I know they hid, I'll finish the door, back off the cabin and hit stalk. I'll wait til the house turns red again, then shift through the door or try to shift grab them if they go out a window.

Yep, that's pretty much what I do too.

Played all the maps as Part 2 Jason this afternoon. Plan to do the same with all the Jasons. 

It's enjoyable. I never expected the AI to be anywhere near that of a human player in multiplayer (never will be), but it's a really good start for sure. Especially as (I'm guessing) this is Illfonic's first foray into AI.

Thoughts:

• It's great to play as Jason anytime you want. 
  • Shelly managed to get the car started. I'd read on here that the bots generally sit in the car motionless so was pleasantly surprised when the car suddenly made a bee-line for the exit on my map. After stopping the car and dispatching him I morphed back to the phone. After locating Deb and giving chase...I was soon alarmed and pleasantly surprised again to hear the same car start back up. I morphed there and Tommy Jarvis was now making a go for the exit. Needless to say he ended up dead as well - but I thought it was a cool moment.
  • Yes they do hide too much.
  • Buggzy managed to stun me a few times, though I was playing at much more experimental pace than I ever would in multiplayer.
  • It's an excellent "training mode" for Jason players (for shift, grab and melee timing especially). Was this why Jason was nerfed? To stop the game becoming an 8/8 fest in the future with everybody being a Jason pro in training? Just a thought. 
  • I would echo people's thoughts on Easy and Hard modes. Though to me it was more that each difficulty level didn't feel any different.
  • Considering it's going to be continually tweaked and improved I think it's a really good start.
  • Most counselors are always running solo. They'd be more of a threat if they were coded to attempt to strike Jason when he gets another counselor in a grab. I didn't see any teamwork, but I appreciate it's incredibly difficult to replicate this kind of thing.
  • It feels like a slasher movie. Characters making silly choices. So it has a certain charm. :) Characters like Shelly, Fox, Jenny, Mitch feel more like their movie characters as they're not played by real people...I don't know why that is. You can also kind of sit back and enjoy the chase, with you often pulling the strings of when, where and how they die. It almost feels like a slasher movie "director" mode. :) You can't do that in the frantic pace of multiplayer.

All in all, I liked it - and will be putting in some more hours later. It's also convinced me to buy the Part IV and VII kill packs. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Played all the maps as Part 2 Jason this afternoon. Plan to do the same with all the Jasons. 

My favorite subject!

Here's a playlist I made of every Jason on every map vs the Bots, on Hard. Some rounds are better than others. Jason 6 and 7 were good. 3 was good but it took me forever to find Tommy at the end.

The rounds for Jason 7, 2, 3 and 4 were played and recorded back to back and in that order (I changed the order for the playlist.) The same goes for 6, 8 and 9. I wanted to show how they play naturally, instead of only posting the best ones.

It feels like a slasher movie. Characters making silly choices. So it has a certain charm. :) Characters like Shelly, Fox, Jenny, Mitch feel more like their movie characters as they're not played by real people...I don't know why that is. You can also kind of sit back and enjoy the chase, with you often pulling the strings of when, where and how they die. It almost feels like a slasher movie "director" mode. :) You can't do that in the frantic pace of multiplayer.

^This times 100. It's not fun because it's easy, it's fun because it has a vibe to it. The frantic aspect of multiplayer makes it feel like a gameshow or something. I feel like :j2: Jason when I play the Bots!

I would echo people's thoughts on Easy and Hard modes. Though to me it was more that each difficulty level didn't feel any different.

To me it seems like they are all more inclined to hit you and hide less on Hard and they seem quicker to tank traps and attempt to repair on Easy. That's the only difference I can tell. 

Considering it's going to be continually tweaked and improved I think it's a really good start.

Just little nudges in the right direction is all it needs. Getting rid of the circle swimming, the running in dumb directions and the standing still issue, I think could make a big difference. 

PS: Bots have made me a fan of using Jason 2 now. I don't know why. I'm even doing better with him online.

The bots are half baked. They complete objectives but they never follow through. They’ll fix the car but won’t drive it. They call the cops but won’t run to them when they arrive. They’ll call Tommy but he is easily the most worthless of the lot. He is either standing still in the spot that he spawned, running against a rock or wall, or opening the same drawer over and over again. The most I see him do is go hide in a closet (like half the others). Pretty silly stuff. 

• Like 1

I like to slash the final bot until they limp, and just follow them around for a good long while...then when I get bored, finish em off with the most brutal kill in my arsenal. Sadistic, sure, but that's the Jason way. 

Agree with your points @WashingtonJones, nice work in the vid ;)

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

The bots are half baked. They complete objectives but they never follow through. They’ll fix the car but won’t drive it. They call the cops but won’t run to them when they arrive. They’ll call Tommy but he is easily the most worthless of the lot. He is either standing still in the spot that he spawned, running against a rock or wall, or opening the same drawer over and over again. The most I see him do is go hide in a closet (like half the others). Pretty silly stuff. 

Was funny earlier. No one was showing up on sense but suddenly a noise from a nearby cabin drew my attention. "Who's in there I wonder?" I thought...I soon realised it was "someone" opening and closing the drawer continuously :lol: "It's Tommy". :lol:

7 minutes ago, CoyT92 said:

I like to slash the final bot until they limp, and just follow them around for a good long while...then when I get bored, finish em off with the most brutal kill in my arsenal. Sadistic, sure, but that's the Jason way. 

Hahaha. I did this as well. Felt like a Cat playing with an injured mouse/bird. :lol:

The bots would be wayyyy  better if..

-They turned on radios

-Hid in tents

-Set some beartraps/disable some traps

-Boat escape

-Bots didn't leave the phone once they stepped in a trap

-Bots closing windows/unlocking or barricading doors

-Healed each other

-Stop swimming in circles every time I go near a bot

Meh.

Id like to see the offline bots coordinate more and work together as a team in game (counselor with keys or fuse exchanges information all counselors with walkies/in range of what they have). Also, increase the chances that fixers and strength characters buddy up.

That's what is really lagging, is the teamwork with them. 

I recommend not playing too many rounds of Bots without going online. I had a couple nights in a row of not getting Jason online. After 4 or 5 counselor rounds without being chosen, I would switch over to Bots and play for a couple hours. Well, I got a little too used to not having to check my map and I got fucked over bad twice in a row.

Btw, I just had a Mitch bot trip a trap with a knife. It happened to me once on Xbox with an AJ. It's like seeing Bigfoot or something. 

5 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

For testing, I played a few rounds and went easy on the counselors. I've seen them fix and start a car a few times. I've also seen them escape by cops as well. It's not frequent, but they can do it.

4 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

The bots would be wayyyy  better if..

They are a continual work in progress. They will get better. And you will get a lot more satisfaction out of killing them when they do. B)

7 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Btw, I just had a Mitch bot trip a trap with a knife. It happened to me once on Xbox with an AJ. It's like seeing Bigfoot or something. 

I've seen that a few times myself. They aren't the smartest, but they aren't the dumbest either. Except for maybe drawer loop Tommy...

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

For testing, I played a few rounds and went easy on the counselors. I've seen them fix and start a car a few times. I've also seen them escape by cops as well. It's not frequent, but they can do it.

Ive never seen it. It should be a part of their basic programming. Less than 5% of the time obviously isn’t good enough. 

Will add that I think it's imperative that each Jason's chase music is added to this mode.

Obviously one day multiplayer will die, and it would be a shame not to hear those excellent Harry Manfredini motifs in the game again. Jason's own chase music is not on the same level.

They should always be a part of the game. 

11 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Ive never seen it. It should be a part of their basic programming. Less than 5% of the time obviously isn’t good enough. 

It does seem like it's a low chance. But it does happen, and I'm impressed when they do pull it off.

24 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It does seem like it's a low chance. But it does happen, and I'm impressed when they do pull it off.

I wonder if driving the car is programmed into specific characters? Like if you kill Mitch first, then forget about anybody else making an attempt? Is that possible?

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I wonder if driving the car is programmed into specific characters? Like if you kill Mitch first, then forget about anybody else making an attempt? Is that possible?

I think they all do everything. 

I've seen them all fixing things. If the car gets fixed, they all will attempt to drive it. The car is rare so I've only seen Shelly, Tommy and Jenny start it with the keys. But I've seen Buggzy, Tiffany and Deb driving it once the keys were already in and they had to restart it.  

From what I hear, the Steam controller is pretty bad.

I play with an Xbox one controller on a PC. If you look at the control prompts on the map when I hit morph, you'll see the symbols change to PC symbols, because I use the mouse to drop the morph marker. It's much faster and more accurate that way

Offline bots made me do my best online Jason match ever. I went 7/8 earlier with 1 boat escape as Part 3 Jason. Thank God for offline bots. 

9 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I'm not sure but I'd guess that all of the bots have an equal chance to drive a car once it's been repaired. I let them fix it on purpose, and saw 3 different people attempt to get behind the wheel. If you kill one, and another is near the car, and you aren't too close, they will eventually take it and try to get out.

19 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

watch vanessa

She shapeshifted into Buggzy?

I'm gonna have to watch that on a big screen. I have a feeling it was an optical illusion. She might've dipped off to the water while he ran to the house, or she ran all the way into the house while he was running out.

Very cool though

On 1/13/2018 at 3:51 AM, Splatterhouse said:

Will add that I think it's imperative that each Jason's chase music is added to this mode.

Obviously one day multiplayer will die, and it would be a shame not to hear those excellent Harry Manfredini motifs in the game again. Jason's own chase music is not on the same level.

They should always be a part of the game. 

i agree.I was playing offline as Part 9 Jason,and was disappointed that the game never kicked in any of the Jason Goes to Hell movie music.It would be nice if the offline mode would play music from the corresponding movie that your Jason belongs to.

Also,i  was chasing Bugsy,and he hid in an outhouse!It was the first time i saw a bot hide in an outhouse in offline mode,which was nice.....he died there,of course....lol....once my Jason took an axe to it.