Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Played a round versus the bots, on normal difficultly. Some quick thoughts:

  • It's fun
  • The bots make some bad choices as well as some dumb ones (See Fox window hopping in the video below...)
  • Gameplay is smooth, I wish multiplayer were this smooth

I made a quick video of my first round against the offline bots for those waiting to see how it is. 7 bots, normal difficulty:

I haven't played anymore rounds, been poking around the virtual cabin.

Feel free to share your thoughts (and videos, etc) here.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A.J. swimming right in front of Jason LOL 

Thanks for the video! Can't wait to update my game!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the video, man! I hate this fucking forum and its whiny community, but there are some rare good people in here like you. The offline play looks good enough for me and i'm satisfied now... well, when they release the patch on Steam, i just woke up and there's still no patch online.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That was quick. Nice to hear that gameplay is smoother.

Very smooth- a different experience.

Offline Bots are what I've been waiting for so I was quick on the draw. :)

3 minutes ago, kitcat said:

A.J. swimming right in front of Jason LOL 

Thanks for the video! Can't wait to update my game!

Yea, I was surprised the two went into the lake.

2 minutes ago, iAMDaBeST-LT said:

Try on hard, its not so easy lol

I'm going to, definitely curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not very difficult even on hard that's true but to be fair it must be incredibly difficult to make bots act in a realistic way for a game like this. 

The fun thing for me which I'm sure for others is that there's no stress and you can enjoy yourself without a 'you suck' throughout aka qp ps4. 

I left the bots alone a little the second game and yeah they get stuck and do some dumb stuff where yore obliged to put them out of their misery but they got the car running, called the cops and hid - I couldn't get one of them till rage lol. They're not bad aim with flares, shot gun and firecrackers but overall they're easy to dispose of.

And they get you with good old pocket knives haha 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it once as part iv on hard. It was pretty easy but fun still. It was so smooth. The dumbest thing I saw was counselors kept running into the lake making it easy to drown them. Also Tommy just ran and never tried to use his shotgun. He ended up running into the water. Also when they were making repairs they don’t stop & run even though I was standing right there. The only offensive I got was hit by a flare gun twice. But it’s very relaxing and I think great practice for noobs. Next time I’ll let them call cops or repair a car to see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iAMDaBeST-LT said:

Try on hard, its not so easy lol

Played it on hard, half of them got stuck in the higgins house lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like murdering the shit out of the bots. Good practice for new players. So far I have yet to see a bot start the car or escape via the police even though they did call.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's actually fun? Good to hear, wish they'd push the update on PC already. We always get it several hours later even though PC patching is supposed to be much easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although it can be dumb fun, which I like, my first run with bots had its parade rained on.  It exposed that the window/melee glitch STILL is present.  When chasing a counselor player (or bot in this case) who jumps through a window, when you attempt to swing or hit X (on PS4) it locks Jasons melee attacks.  I could still grab and use a kill, which DID fix it, but the fact it still remains really irritates me and I don't see myself playing much until the next patch.

With that said, on Hard, the bots are dumb, yet they DO use items and the environment pretty well it certain situations, such as hiding spots (or even firecrackers as a Vanessa did when I grabbed her).  When all is well, it CAN be a fun time with bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RustInPeace said:

Although it can be dumb fun, which I like, my first run with bots had its parade rained on.  It exposed that the window/melee glitch STILL is present.  When chasing a counselor player (or bot in this case) who jumps through a window, when you attempt to swing or hit X (on PS4) it locks Jasons melee attacks.  I could still grab and use a kill, which DID fix it, but the fact it still remains really irritates me and I don't see myself playing much until the next patch.

Well that's a bummer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I like murdering the shit out of the bots. Good practice for new players. So far I have yet to see a bot start the car or escape via the police even though they did call.

I got them trying to escape in a car on one hard round but they crashed into a tree. Kenny kept trying to get back in and started it but couldn't reverse out of there.  

The cops got called but they didn't seem to make their way in that direction. But yeah it's more a practice mode and will help newbies for sure with Jason's mechanics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I got them trying to escape in a car on one hard round but they crashed into a tree. Kenny kept trying to get back in and started it but couldn't reverse out of there.  

The cops got called but they didn't seem to make their way in that direction. But yeah it's more a practice mode and will help newbies for sure with Jason's mechanics. 

Maybe they don't run to the cops until they've arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing on Hard isn’t even difficult in the slightest. Found Deborah running into a closed door and Tommy kept reopening and closing the same drawer lol was kinda fun though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found hard difficulty only slightly more difficult. The counselors made better decisions generally but still made some really poor choices. I think if someone really wanted to try this as "hard" I'd suggest not trapping objectives so early.

The impression I get from these offline bots games is that this is how the developers expected us to play as counselors but no really does. The bots hide often and hiding while Jason's around is a death sentence.

Despite it's flaws, it is fun. It's just not as difficult as I expected or would have liked. Maybe a "Nightmare" mode would do it.

1 hour ago, iAMDaBeST-LT said:

Try on hard, its not so easy lol

See above.

1 hour ago, CryptM said:

Thank you for sharing this @bewareofbears! I'm on Xbox and I really wanted to see how they played before we get our update.

No worries. :)

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Hopefully the bots are a lot better on Hard though. That AJ going for a swim was...ill-advised?

They're better but not by too much.

6 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Playing on Hard isn’t even difficult in the slightest. Found Deborah running into a closed door and Tommy kept reopening and closing the same drawer lol was kinda fun though.

I have a video of Easy Difficult I'm going to upload where Tommy does the same thing. Just stands there, opening and closing the drawer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played several matches on hard, and the counselors still make some silly decisions. I broke into a cabin with a Jenny, and she runs off and ducks under a bed right in front of me LOL. A Kenny went running from into the lake and then just started swimming around in circles in front of me.

But overall it's great, and on hard mode they do act smart trying to repair and fight back with weapons. In my first match they managed to call the Cops, but I still killed them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I found hard difficulty only slightly more difficult. The counselors made better decisions generally but still made some really poor choices. I think if someone really wanted to try this as "hard" I'd suggest not trapping objectives so early.

The impression I get from these offline bots games is that this is how the developers expected us to play as counselors but no really does. The bots hide often and hiding while Jason's around is a death sentence.

Despite it's flaws, it is fun. It's just not as difficult as I expected or would have liked. Maybe a "Nightmare" mode would do it.

See above.

No worries. :)

They're better but not by too much.

I have a video of Easy Difficult I'm going to upload where Tommy does the same thing. Just stands there, opening and closing the drawer.

Thanks for posting these @bewareofbears....

looks like maybe this is the mode to use part 7 Jason lol.

i am downloading the update now can’t wait to try it out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the original post about bots from @GunMedia_Ben he said bots on hard would get better as the match progressed and would be more likely to fight back, as they learned your patterns, wonder if it works that way.....I will let the match play out as long as possible and see how they react to Jason gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×