[IllFonic]Courier

Bloody Skin (Savini) and Rain (XB1 Only) temporarily disabled - 12.18.2017

• Rain has been temporarily disabled for all maps on the XB1. This includes both Quickplay and Private matches

While optimizing performance on the XB1, we ran into an issue with rain that would have required us to delay the patch release in order to implement a permanent fix. We decided that the optimizations and planned release date were a higher priority and have disabled rain on the XB1 until the upcoming patch. 

• Savini Jason's Bloody skin variant has been temporarily disabled on all platforms

Savini Jason's Bloody skin variant will be re-enabled in the upcoming patch once the issues have been resolved

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:
  • Savini Jason's Bloody skin variant has been temporarily disabled on all platforms

Savini Jason's Bloody skin variant will be re-enabled in the upcoming patch once the issues have been resolved

Is this to address the issue where you can't remove the Bloody skin from Savini once added?

I mean...it's not like I intend to remove it. But I did notice that I can't :P

and the wording here is unclear..."Until the upcoming patch" being today's patch that Xbox will get at a later date, or the one after that?

is this effective immediately?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Is this to address the issue where you can't remove the Bloody skin from Savini once added?

and the wording here is unclear..."Until the upcoming patch" being today's patch that Xbox will get at a later date, or the one after that?

I was curious about the wording as well. The patch is already delayed anyways on Xbox, so no need on their part to mince words to lessen the blow. 

24 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

This is unrelated to the issue that is preventing the bloody skin from being toggled on Savini, but that bug has been fixed and will no longer be a problem when the skin has been re-enabled.
These features are disabled for the current patch (12.18.2017) and will be re-enabled in the next patch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

This is unrelated to the issue that is preventing the bloody skin from being toggled on Savini, but that bug has been fixed and no longer be a problem when the skin has been re-enabled.
These features are disabled for the current patch (12.18.2017) and will be re-enabled in the next patch. 

So in other words we will be playing with missing features and will have to wait a month till that’s fixed.

The damage control is truly unbelievable. The patch isn’t even out for Xbox and you are already stating the problems with it . Then on top of that we have to wait on another patch to fix new issues 🤔

7 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

This is unrelated to the issue that is preventing the bloody skin from being toggled on Savini, but that bug has been fixed and no longer be a problem when the skin has been re-enabled.

Thank you for the clarification.

1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:
  • Rain has been temporarily disabled for all maps on the XB1. This includes both Quickplay and Private matches

While optimizing performance on the XB1, we ran into an issue with rain that would have required us to delay the patch release in order to implement a permanent fix. We decided that the optimizations and planned release date were a higher priority and have disabled rain on the XB1 until the upcoming patch. 

Why did you all release the Jason Part 7 kill pack if we can't even use it without the patch? Come on now... 

And here everyone was blaming Microsoft for the patch being delayed.. 

• Like 1

Why not disable rain on all platforms until you figure out how to make it work? Idk what kind of super computer you guys are testing this out on in your lab but saying that you didn't notice any fps drop from rain is complete BS. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Why not disable rain on all platforms until you figure out how to make it work? Idk what kind of super computer you guys are testing this out on in your lab but saying that you didn't notice any fps drop from rain is complete BS. 

I know right playing with rain on Xbox one was like watching still shots.

20 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

It's just that...BS.

There's no way they didn't notice a performance hit, unless they're fucking blind.

Currently playing as I type this first map we did on Crystal Lake has rain.

So is rain supposed to be currently disabled or not? I'm now on Jarvis map with ran too. 

I don't think these people know what's happening. PC delayed, Xbox delayed, no release date for either PC or Xbox, rain supposed to be disabled in Xbox but it still rains, they release Jason Part 7 Kill Pack on Xbox but won't work without patch and if you download the new kill pack on Xbox it screws up the disc exclusive content. 

18 minutes ago, CryptM said:

They said they're going to disable rain with the upcoming update so if we haven't gotten the update yet then rain will still be enabled until we do.

No, his post states that we shouldn't have rain until the update. 

30 minutes ago, CryptM said:

Yeah, after rereading it I'm honestly kind of confused. When I first read it I took it as them saying they were going to disable rain with the upcoming update but I'm really not sure now.

See. They have no clue when it comes to their game on Xbox. 

I had Savini Jason set to the bloody skin and until the next next update comes out, i'm pretty much stuck with bloody Savini Jason.

Not that I mind, to be honest.

4 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

No, his post states that we shouldn't have rain until the update. 

"These features are disabled for the current patch (12.18.2017) and will be re-enabled in the next patch. "

So they'll be disabled whenever this "current" patch drops. Then they'll be re-enabled at some point in January (maybe).

I can't even play the game on Xbox since getting all the achievements, because when you get the last achievement it totally breaks the game.  Can't finish a match without a crash.  So seeing how they are already saying they are patching patches for xbox the small group of us that this effects is basically FUCKED.  Thanks.  PS if you guys need tips and suggestions on how to fix this mess let me know I've been beta testing this shit since May 26.

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

"These features are disabled for the current patch (12.18.2017) and will be re-enabled in the next patch. "

So they'll be disabled whenever this "current" patch drops. Then they'll be re-enabled at some point in January (maybe).

That's weird. Current patch for us is different than current patch for everyone else. I read it entirely differently. 

15 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

That’s a stupid idea.  The devs aren’t responsible for Xbox specs.  Why should they Take a feature away from ps4 because OG Xbox is not powerful enough to get it working easily?  Seriously, how does taking something from ps4 players make Xbox players lives better?

I feel bad for y'all. I am on PS4 and have not had any bugs since the update dropped yesterday. The game has been running smoothly for PS4 users. Hopefully a update comes soon for you guys. :) 

1 hour ago, TimmyJarvis said:

That’s a stupid idea.  The devs aren’t responsible for Xbox specs.  Why should they Take a feature away from ps4 because OG Xbox is not powerful enough to get it working easily?  Seriously, how does taking something from ps4 players make Xbox players lives better?

Clearly you misunderstood. The devs are not responsible for console hardware but they are responsible for optimization and setting a baseline graphic fidelity that will allow consoles (and pcs) to optimally run the game.

It is an undeniable fact that rain degrades performance on all three platforms, i'm not singling out ps4 players as you are trying to assume. Apparently rain works just fine for you and i'm glad that is the case but many others have problems with it.

No need to jump at my throat just because you prefer a certain console over another, I was simply making a suggestion that would benefit thousands of players that have been dealing with this problem ever since rain was introduced.

Btw I primarily play on PC and rain decreases my fps by 70-93% depending on the map.

17 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Clearly you misunderstood. The devs are not responsible for console hardware but they are responsible for optimization and setting a baseline graphic fidelity that will allow consoles (and pcs) to optimally run the game.

It is an undeniable fact that rain degrades performance on all three platforms, i'm not singling out ps4 players as you are trying to assume. Apparently rain works just fine for you and i'm glad that is the case but many others have problems with it.

No need to jump at my throat just because you prefer a certain console over another, I was simply making a suggestion that would benefit thousands of players that have been dealing with this problem ever since rain was introduced.

Btw I primarily play on PC and rain decreases my fps by 70-93% depending on the map.

You're correct that I assumed you were a salty Xbox player based on the thread being related to disabling it on Xbox only and your advocacy to remove it from everything else, but I didn't speak up because I prefer one console over another.  I spoke up because you told them to take rain away from the console I play on and enjoy the rain on.  My message would have been essentially the same had I known you were on PC.  Just because your system (and a few thousand others per your follow up) don't handle the feature does not mean the millions of PS4 players who enjoy it should lose the feature.  Its a stupid demand that deserves push back.