On 12/27/2017 at 8:57 AM, VenomSymbiote said:

Sure would be nice if Jasons traps were a proper threat. If someone wants to tank one they should cause them to limp regardless of perks. Getting out of one should require a minigame similar to repairing an objective. Every time you fail you take damage, which being already set in a limping state, would not take many fails to kill you. The minigame and damage would also occur if trying to use a pocketknife to disable one. This would take one of Jasons joke tools and turn them back into a threat. This would be better than the old double trap method for Jason. Of course this would piss off counselors who just want an easy time at fixing everything, but in a game like this an easy time isn't what they should be getting. At all. 

I love the QTE idea for traps. To me it is a win/win for both Jason's and counselors. Counselors don't have to worry about stacked traps and Jason's can rely on their traps actually being useful knowing they can't just be tanked then the counselor heals themselves with a med spray that has been doubled by medic perk. It would make counselors also want to use their pocket knives to disarm a trap rather than stockpiling them to stab jason's neck over and over

On 12/28/2017 at 2:40 AM, Kannon Blasphemy said:

Ok, now I really am complaining. 

Expansion of item spawning was a good idea. Downside is what is spawning. Maps are spawning three or four times the amount of items at times. I'm talking up to three shotguns (sometimes spawning in the same location), four axes, and up to six pocket knives. Isn't this supposed to be hard on counselors?

I posted 2 pics of items i went around and grabbed and piled up into a cabin. Check out in the General discussion>Jason hasn't been nerfed topic. i have had instances where i got 3 shotguns, 5 med sprays, 3 firecrackers, 5 pocket knives, 3 bats, 3 wrenches, 2 flare guns etc.... They need to correct this

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I posted 2 pics of items i went around and grabbed and piled up into a cabin. Check out in the General discussion>Jason hasn't been nerfed topic. i have had instances where i got 3 shotguns, 5 med sprays, 3 firecrackers, 5 pocket knives, 3 bats, 3 wrenches, 2 flare guns etc.... They need to correct this

And they said they would decrease the amount in cabins, and put it into campsites...well, well, well! I never found a shotgun in a cabin? But they spawn at campsites? I was able to do a match with my friends, go to every campsite and every cabin and found at most 7 pocket knives throughout the whole map. Its insane! Jason is getting depressed...come on Devs :( 

• Like 1

Well, remove pocket knifes, baseball bats, flare guns.  For counselors  stamina 10/10 and run away all match :)  

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

And they said they would decrease the amount in cabins, and put it into campsites...well, well, well! I never found a shotgun in a cabin? But they spawn at campsites? I was able to do a match with my friends, go to every campsite and every cabin and found at most 7 pocket knives throughout the whole map. Its insane! Jason is getting depressed...come on Devs :( 

Well according to Randy Jason is fine, counselors just got better and i guess the counselors that got better needed an increase to their item spawns. What's next they get 2 more item slots so they can hold even more in their inventory

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Well according to Randy Jason is fine, counselors just got better and i guess the counselors that got better needed an increase to their item spawns. What's next they get 2 more item slots so they can hold even more in their inventory

They're delusional if they think Jason hasn't been nerfed. His traps can no longer be placed side by side, his weapon hitboxes are all over the place, windows and doors are still not as smooth and fun to deal with like they were at release, throwing knives don't hit even when you're right over the counselors at times, counselors don't have to worry about killing a teammate if Jason has them grabbed due to the friendly fire being turned off which was needed but still a nerf to Jason, showing objective items on the map make getting things done ten times easier for counselors. He's a joke at his current state and nowhere near the threat he should be. Then add to that all these extra items they now have at their disposal and it's crazy. Do they know about the insanely increased item spawns instead of it being a set amount of items dispersed throughout all these locations? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VenomSymbiote said:

They're delusional if they think Jason hasn't been nerfed. His traps can no longer be placed side by side, his weapon hitboxes are all over the place, windows and doors are still not as smooth and fun to deal with like they were at release, throwing knives don't hit even when you're right over the counselors at times, counselors don't have to worry about killing a teammate if Jason has them grabbed due to the friendly fire being turned off which was needed but still a nerf to Jason, showing objective items on the map make getting things done ten times easier for counselors. He's a joke at his current state and nowhere near the threat he should be. Then add to that all these extra items they now have at their disposal and it's crazy. Do they know about the insanely increased item spawns instead of it being a set amount of items dispersed throughout all these locations? 

Oh they are aware, I personally have tagged them in pics i took of just how out of hand the item spawn amounts have become. Wether they choose to acknowledge it and correct it is a whole other issue.A huge chuck of the community has voiced to them the issues on a frequent basis but i think the problem now is that because they catered to the all the salty teared crybabies they feel like that if they make it too hard for counselor players to survive then people will just stop playing, not taking into account that there is a big part of the community like myself that want to play Jason and want to be the destructive force that he should be, but as of right now he is nothing more than a pinata who might as well just be a squeegee kid with a rag and windex and help wipe blood of counselors if they hit eachother and wash the car down before they go to the exit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Oh they are aware, I personally have tagged them in pics i took of just how out of hand the item spawn amounts have become. Wether they choose to acknowledge it and correct it is a whole other issue.A huge chuck of the community has voiced to them the issues on a frequent basis but i think the problem now is that because they catered to the all the salty teared crybabies they feel like that if they make it too hard for counselor players to survive then people will just stop playing, not taking into account that there is a big part of the community like myself that want to play Jason and want to be the destructive force that he should be, but as of right now he is nothing more than a pinata who might as well just be a squeegee kid with a rag and windex and help wipe blood of counselors if they hit eachother and wash the car down before they go to the exit.

Very true, I love palying Jason, or a least I did until they made all the changes to him.  What frsusterates me the most is the stun locks that can be done on Jason.  The second I pull out a pocket knife there's someone right next to me with a bat and bam! I'm down again. usualy a Vanessa.  my biggest horror story is that I was in the animation to break the phone and I was hit which reset the animation but it wasn't even a stun. three times back to back.  so in the end I couldn't brake the phone box at all and of course they got the call off.  

and when I brought this up to someone I was told  "We need the ability to stop you from breaking the phone or we'd never get it done."  The same BS happens with the car with same argument.  when I brought up the window protection for counsolers this is the answer I got.

"If you hit me before I'm 50% through the window it cancels it."  That's BS too.  I didn't say anthing about stopping them just hurting them.  So yeah it's coming down to players Needing advantages to win.  There are people who abuse evey little advantage they can and say they need it. 

My question is what happend to the dev team that said Jason was supposed to be powerful?  I guess that's not the case anymore.    

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryan489 said:

Very true, I love palying Jason, or a least I did until they made all the changes to him.  What frsusterates me the most is the stun locks that can be done on Jason.  The second I pull out a pocket knife there's someone right next to me with a bat and bam! I'm down again. usualy a Vanessa.  my biggest horror story is that I was in the animation to break the phone and I was hit which reset the animation but it wasn't even a stun. three times back to back.  so in the end I couldn't brake the phone box at all and of course they got the call off.  

and when I brought this up to someone I was told  "We need the ability to stop you from breaking the phone or we'd never get it done."  The same BS happens with the car with same argument.  when I brought up the window protection for counsolers this is the answer I got.

"If you hit me before I'm 50% through the window it cancels it."  That's BS too.  I didn't say anthing about stopping them just hurting them.  So yeah it's coming down to players Needing advantages to win.  There are people who abuse evey little advantage they can and say they need it. 

My question is what happend to the dev team that said Jason was supposed to be powerful?  I guess that's not the case anymore.    

Spot on. I will say that i do understand from the point of view on counselor players for being able to defend the phone however Jason shouldn't be able to be stunned over and over back to back. If they repair the fuse box and then you go to hit it and they stun you once you get out of stun you still have time to break it to disrupt the call however because they can chain stun it does nothing but cost you precious little time that you have that you might as well have put towards other people. Same thing with the pocket knife then weapon hit combo. That shit is just cheap because you have no way to defend yourself at all because of the animation sequence so your basically at the mercy of them which is just ridiculous.Another irritating thing that people exploit all the time is hitting jason through non or partial broken doors. There are far too many things that give Jason a huge disadvantage when it should be him with all the power.

• Like 1

I had the non broken door thing happen to me too.  That's more of a clipping issue that allows the weapons to pass through the doors.  it's really annoying though.  What should be fixed is if you rage through a door or a wall a counsoler should not be able to stand on the other side and stun you as soon as you come through. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ryan489 said:

I had the non broken door thing happen to me too.  That's more of a clipping issue that allows the weapons to pass through the doors.  it's really annoying though.  What should be fixed is if you rage through a door or a wall a counsoler should not be able to stand on the other side and stun you as soon as you come through. 

Yep, this happened to me earlier today. I saw it coming, knew it was going to happen and nothing I could do about it.  

I'd like to see a slight change to Jason's rage. Once rage is gained, and only in rage, Jason can bust/flip tables, chairs, furniture. This would at least ease the "ring around the rosie" mess.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:52 AM, Official_Adam_W said:

Yeah counselors have way more of an arsenal than they should. If they dropped those counts down by two (especially the bats, since almost everyone rolls the Slugger perk easy) it would balance the play field more in favor of Jason like it should be. Less is more for the focus of this game. If the devs are reading this I hope they take note. I'm listing here reasons to drop the spawn rate of some  items the way I suggested. If I miss something let me know. Keep in mind people are going into this game, like many others, teaming up through Party Chat.

Med Spray - We have 2 medic perks that increase their usefulness. Medic doubles use while Hypochondriac gives you one to start with(both increase healing). Setting Med Spray to a rare spawn will encourage people to use these perks and actually play the role of Medic.

Shotguns - When this game dropped we had access to a maximum of 2. One that would spawn on the map and one that Tommy brings with him if the call gets out to him. Now we got maps where 2 spawn before Tommy arrives. Stun resistance always fails against it. Not saying this is a bad thing, but why would the counselors ask him to bring a gun when they already have 2, let alone 1?

Axes - Two good whacks using Buggsy with Heavy Hitter combined with a few other perks the mask comes flying off. Anyone else 3 or 4 (and this is alone mind you). We got up to 4(maybe 5?) spawning, including the one that spawns in Jason's shack. 

Baseball Bats - Same as the Med Spray. There's a handful of perks that make these an overpower for counselors, especially in the hands of those with high strength. Not to mention the Slugger perk actually gives you one to start with.

Pocket Knife - Even in Monopoly the "Get Out Of Jail Free" card was rare enough to extort other players with. We're finding enough for each counselor to have one if they actually shared them. I'm asking that this number get a drastic drop. Maximum 2, or 3 if you just want to be generous. This will cut the crying about Jason players only slashing. Less pocket knives mean Jason will be more willing to attempt grabs. Me and everyone I have played with has stopped using, or rarely use, the grabs because of people actually stopping to let it happen just so they can get free exp off of Jason. Talking about all the exp you get for hitting, stunning, and breaking free of Jason all at once.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, TiffanyCox said:

I noticed that near the start of the patch, lately I have played multiplayer and its worked better than it did. I also place the trap directly in front of the door. May it be your position?

Bear traps don't work near doors after this patch...was fine before.  If I try to lay a trap down near the door, the "E" will pop up prompting me to unlock the locked door instead.

3 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

Bear traps don't work near doors after this patch...was fine before.  If I try to lay a trap down near the door, the "E" will pop up prompting me to unlock the locked door instead.

Oh, mine still works fine. Hopefully it gets fixed :huh:

Okay so at the risk of being called all the names under the sun I'm going to weigh in my opinion on this one. First of all I have to say that I totally agree that the increase in item spawns essentially turns this from a survival game for the counselors into an unfairly weighted brawl in their favour. I get that killing Jason is a potential win condition so it stands to reason they should be able to hurt him but this constant chain stun is utter crap. I've lost count of the number of times I've pulled a knife out of my neck just to take a bat or wrench to the head then get stun locked for the next few minutes. The thing is this could easily be fixed by giving Jason something like a 1 or 2 second stun immunity once the current stun ends. Next is the windows and doors issue. So it's perfectly acceptable for a councilor to be able to whack Jason through a door but I can't attack through a window? My main gripe here if I'm honest though is the increased number of med sprays. As Jason some of the  faster councillors can be damn near impossible to catch in a straight up foot race so you have to get creative with your ways of dishing out damage but with the massive amount of med sprays available now anything short of killing a Councillor outright seems pretty much useless. It just seems to me like the devs are constantly increasing the chances for the Councillors to survive yet not ever doing anything to improve Jason's odds. I mean yes I get this is a game and a certain level of balance has to be maintained but first of all this isn't just any old killer in your game. It's Jason Voorhees yet everything that makes Jason so formidable seems to be lacking in this game. Outside of rage mode it takes waaayyy to many hits to break a door, traps are practically useless given the amount of knives and sprays on a map to counter them and let's not even get started on how crappily broken combat is for Jason. I swing a machete at somebody directly in front of me yet it doesn't register yet when the same person swings a wrench at me instant stun. I know I'm repeating a lot of things that have been said above but as somebody who really really enjoys playing this game (or rather did until recently) I don't want to see it die just because the devs are listening to all the people bitching about how it's 'too hard to survive as a councilor'. Unless I'm mistaken aren't the odds supposed to not be in your favour. Sure grab a weapon to defend yourself with but shouldn't that really only be for those 'oh-crap-i'm-cornered' moments. Also as someone who plays Councillors aswell there's nothing I hate more than spawning into a lobby with multiple vanessa/buggzys because you straight away know that this is quickly going to turn from a survival horror game into a 'let's-troll-jason' game, they should place a limit on duplicate Councillors IMO because otherwise you see the same characters over and over again which gets boring fast not to mention as soon as you see what Councillors people have picked it kind of gives you an idea of how the game is going to play out. And don't get me started on the sheer toxicity of people saying that 'such and such is a noob character' or' You shouldn't play x character they suck' Excuse me but this is a damn game, if you don't like how I play it you're not obligated to stay in the lobby with me but I'm damn sure not going to change how I play just to suit a bunch of self proclaimed know-it-alls. Then you've got the crybabies who happen to be the host but get killed 2 minutes into the match and quit thus screwing everyone else over. Personally I never leave spectator mode even if I die super quick and that's for multiple reasons. The first being if I'm the host well I'm not an immature ass and I'll sit it out for everyone else's sake and the second being that maybe it's just me but I find spectating the match after dying to still be quite entertaining. As my rant nears it's conclusion I understand that I may have gone off tangent massively as there are just so many annoying broken parts of this game that if they just polished them would make it a truly enjoyable experience once more.

I gues the whole point of this rant of mine is simple. JASON NEEDS SOME DEV LOVE....or your game will die a slow, horrible death as people realise you've turned Jason Voorhees from the iconic movie monster he is into a walking punching bag for a bunch of horny teens to beat on.

• Thanks 1

@izmakiel88 could you please slim this down into points, or possibly smaller paragraphs. I am getting a headache looking at it. (But from what I could read, It isn't all Jason. Counselors need a downgrade, although I agree Jason should have more ways to confuse and put fear onto counselors.)

• Like 1

I REALLY hope someone is reading these. It’s OBVIOUSLY a common theme. I just played 2 rounds as Jason and only killed 4 and 5. I used to average at least 6! Which is the way it should be. There should only be one or two consulers escaping at most like the movies. It’s not even fun to play Jason anymore. I added it up. No lie, no exaggeration, in 2 rounds as Jason I got hit with 15 pocket knives, 6 shotguns, close to 10 flares and fireworks and forget counting axes and bats I lost count. You guys really screwed the pooch! It SHOULD be near impossible to escape Jason! You don’t even have to work as a team anymore! I escape 80% of the time even when I run solo

• Sad 1

Just playing devils advocate but it really is a tough balance because you are a counselor the majority of the time and what if it’s not fun playing the counselor anymore.  If even experienced players die 8 out of 10 times won’t that kill the game too.  I just think the devs have a really hard job figuring out the perfect balance.

17 hours ago, Madmaxxxxxxx7 said:

Just playing devils advocate but it really is a tough balance because you are a counselor the majority of the time and what if it’s not fun playing the counselor anymore.  If even experienced players die 8 out of 10 times won’t that kill the game too.  I just think the devs have a really hard job figuring out the perfect balance.

That's just it man. The balance that was advertised was in favor of Jason. He is supposed to be "unstoppable." He is supposed to be what players are afraid of. It's like playing Juggernaut in Halo. You DON'T run to the Juggernaut. You stay as far away as possible and shoot from a distance. Take pot shots until it goes down. Same with Jason. If your only chance to escape is to hit him make it well-placed and then put as much distance between the two of you as possible. Not stand there and brawl with him like people are doing now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed there has to be a balance. But, I expect when I’m a consuler to be killed and only escape once in awhile. When I’m Jason, I don’t expect to be a gang bang joke. One on one yes he still has the advantage after the consuler uses their 2 pocket knives first aid and shotgun. A group? Totally different. Have you run into a group of 4+ consulers since they added item spawns? You mind as well morph away cause they just beat the shit outta you until they use all their items then run for the cops or cars etc. again balance, yes, but currently it’s not there

• Like 2

Two weeks into the new year and this game still has EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM that players were complaining about last year. Jason's traps still suck, his grab still sucks, counselors are still escaping at a far higher rate than they should, and apparently the Devs need to re-watch the movies because we're still seeing counselors knock Jason down and dance on him. 

Why is Off-Bot A.I. such a pile of bullshit? 

Why are we still having glitches that literally paralyze Jason where he's standing? Do you know how absurdly stupid it feels to have to PM a counselor and ask them to come attack you so you can fucking move again?

Why am I still sometimes hitting a Magical Window-Safety Bubble instead of a counselor when I try to attack someone who has dove or climbed through a window?

All the complaints and feedback from the players and instead of fixing the problems, the Devs gave us barely-working bots and ...Shelly.... yay.

Edit: On a happier note, I've discovered a fun way to piss off the toxic/Jason-bully counselors I recommend trying if you happen to be the host. In a nutshell, I had a game where the cops got called less than 2 minutes into the round. When I got to the exit there was another fucking "Stun Jason and tea-bag/dance" session going on that got so bad that Jason just walked off and started wandering the map. So, I went with him and we took a friendly self-guided tour of Higgens Haven (original)... for over 10 minutes... while I got flooded with angry PMs.

Isn't friendship wonderful?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1