I am going to keep posting on the issue until it is fixed.  So if you are "tired" of reading about it move along.  Every time these companies post anything about the game it is riddled with complaints about one thing or another, but not being able to play at all I think that gives me a little more right to complain.  I don't care if I don't have rain or I can't use blood on my savini skin.  I want to play.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2017 at 2:04 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

If its not a toggle option in private it should be.  For public, I really like it because many people do not play with mikes, and even those that have mikes often refuse to try working cooperatively in my experience.  I can't really think of a better and realistic option to try bridging the gap between intended and actual teamwork than this.  I say try primarily because I still find plenty of objective items in buildings with drawers left open, which do not appear on the map because some people just ignore them completely.    

Well they could require items sit there for five minutes before popping up on the map. Add a "Lost and Found" box where the items get placed after a certain period of time. Have objective items only show up on the minimap when within a certain distance so you can't just easily roam around and find it without any effort. This way the game is still asymmetrical without completely holding the counselors hands. I mean in an asymmetrical online game you aren't always going to be playing with groups that work well together. That's just how things go. Shouldn't give everyone a free pass just because of that. 

10 hours ago, Unwillingerk2 said:

I am going to keep posting on the issue until it is fixed.  So if you are "tired" of reading about it move along.  Every time these companies post anything about the game it is riddled with complaints about one thing or another, but not being able to play at all I think that gives me a little more right to complain.  I don't care if I don't have rain or I can't use blood on my savini skin.  I want to play.

I completely understand how shitty that has to be.

But they have said they know about it. They said they're trying to replicate it so they can fix it. They are not going to forget about it. This is not an opinion based situation like balance issues that need to be discussed from a lot of different angles.

What do you think continuously posting about it and starting new threads and making new accounts is going to accomplish? I'm legitimately asking. I'm not trying to be a dick. 

PS: And boosting is looked down upon by people who put legit time and effort into earning thier achievements. Again, not being a dick, just stating facts.

On 18.12.2017 at 10:34 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Jason

• Fixed a collision issue with Jason’s throwing knives

Unfortunately Throwing Knives are still BROKEN

There used to be a time when they were great. You aimed > threw and it actually counted.

A couple of patches something got fucked up.  Every 4th or 5th Knife evaporates in thin air. Fuck even on stationary target it just """Misses""" (just like the "fixed" grab that now has like 10 times as many hitbox bugs than it had before on PC). Not a lag issue. Nothing in between Jason or target that could block the hit.

The other massive change to the knives was the aiming that happened back then. You used to be able to target a counselor before you with just the center/camera while walking and then instantly throw the knife without having to aim for any time. An instant knife that was unavoidable. Only a small fraction of skilled players knew about this.

The mechanic was gutted harder than even his traps. Now if you try it more than half the time the cross hair will be off target. The other times when it is correctly at where you actually aimed the hitbox is extremely bad. Id say more than half the knives thrown this way don't register in the game at all.

I actually understand why they would get rid of that mechanic. Counselors couldn't juke those knives. Then again almost nobody used it. It was a neat thing that separated skilled from normal players. A crippling blow though for great Jasons against great counselors that can reliable dodge normally thrown long distance knives.

The patch didn't fix either of these.

Throwing Knifes hit detection is still AWFUL.

(No wonder many people asked for not having to play as Jason in this Friday the fucking 13th game, seeing the state of traps, grab and knives.)

Ok, I havent bitched about anything...in fact Ive been supportive on Twitter but the new trap mechanics for counselors are stupid.  Please change them back.  I dont see where the issue was and why they were changed.  It was fun setting them close to doors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Ok, I havent bitched about anything...in fact Ive been supportive on Twitter but the new trap mechanics for counselors are stupid.  Please change them back.  I dont see where the issue was and why they were changed.  It was fun setting them close to doors.

Oh crap they actually changed the traps to work this way now? I just thought they were bugged from the last update. Either way they should allow them to be placed in front of doors again because I feel like it's the only safe place to put them to avoid other counselors.

2 hours ago, Riggs said:

That's an issue that is confirmed a bug.
This, and the issue causing Counselor traps to disappear, will be fixed in the next patch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

This, and the issue causing Counselor traps to disappear, will be fixed in the next patch

Thanks queen! :hearteyestiff:

On 12/19/2017 at 2:12 AM, Jack Mehoff said:

When will the new update be coming to Xbox one? 

Be thankful it hasn't.

About this patch, much better then the last one still not perfect but much better.  Let's get talking

-Virtual Cabin 2.0:  Awesome great work you guys, I love what's in it and just how deep it actually goes.  That reveal at the end is perfect I'm looking forward to the new map.  It might actaully change the gameplay up a fair bit.  The only negetive I can give it is that some of the facts are not correct in it, Alis girlfirend is not Chilli; that was Chucks girlfriend.  it needs some proof reading for sure.

-Shelly: good addition and it's awesome that Larry did the voice work for him too

-Offline bots: great to have them, the only thing that seems odd is their AI which at points isn't too good.  That's understandable though since we've been playing against real people for so long playing against AI feels weird.  Makes me wonder how the single player challenges are going to work.  

- New Kills: They're awsome I just wish that since you're going to charge for the packs there was more then three of them. 

- Bear trap bugs have already been mentioned so I won't go over them again. 

- Traps triggering next to car doors:  Amazing fix, now you can place a trap knowing it will go off without being skirted by players

Hear is my big desire for the future of this game:

-Make Jason fun to play as again:  I like playing as Jason but honestly with the changes made over these months it feels more like a chore then a fun expirence.  I'll try to break it down the best I can. 

- the grab is still an issue, but you've addressed that already

- The argument of "players are just getting better at avoiding him" doesn't work, you've tipped the balance making him weaker for that reason

-  the fact that you still can't hit counsolers while they're climbng through windows is an issue because it's an advantage to them that Jason can not counter.  The reason this an issue is because the same cannot be said for Jason.  If you rage through a door a counsoler can stand on the other side and stun you as soon as you step through. not the case with consolers and windows.  This is easly solved by giving Jason some invincibity frames as  he comes through the door. he is in rage mode by this point affter all..  secondly If Jason is going to break the phone. you should not be able to stun him out of that break.  If the animation has started it should be alowed to finish but you can get stunned out of it.  Yet again counsolers can't be hit while going through windows or getting in and out of cars.  However Jason can can get stunned at any time. over and over again.  An example of this is getting stabbed with a pocket knife, then hit with a flare and then shot back to back to back.  it's balanced in favour of counsolers and it souldn't be. 

- Jasons weapon boxes are also broken.  players can duck right in front of a swinging jason and he will miss if he's not in combat stance, the same goes for breaking fences.  If you're not in combat stance you can rarely do it.  this slows the gameplay as Jason down a lot and needs to be addressed 

Jason is the title character of the series playing him should be fun, but most of the time it doesn't feel fun at all. 

- the number of pocket knives needs to be reduced.  To balance that out reduce Jason traps or something.  As a Jason player it's extreamly annoying when every player has a pocket knife on them and you can't grab them, sometimes players have 2 or even 3.  That's really bad especially when it comes down to the end game. the perfect number would be 4.  3 on the map and the one Tommy brings with him

- the med sprays are just as bad but I know you've taken steps to try and solve that, though I've still found 3 med sprays in the same building before.  

- Also you need to lower bugzy and Vanessas stats a little.  The only character that should have a 10 in both stamina and speed is Tommy Jarvis.  Yes those to characters are the athletic ones but compared to Jason they're just too fast.  I've run into people who do not play any counsoler other then Vanessa or buggzy for this reason alone.  Playing as Jason in a game with 2 or three vanessa's or buggzys is extremely annoying and sucks the fun right out of the game. All those players do is run you around buildings or objects knowing you can't catch them and with the "fixed" grab you will never be in range of them especialy if you're a Jason who can't run.  This was addressed in the beta but did not carry over to the main game. 

This is an open challenge to anyone at Gun Media or illfonic, try playing a game with at least 3 Vanessas or bugzys with a non running jason and see how annoyed you get before the game is over. 

- lastly, Rage mode:  If you can it would be greart if you could make rage more usefull.  Right now you get faster recharges and you can walk through doors and walls, that's it as far as I can tell.  As I mentioned before, walking through doors and walls has no real advantage if a counsoler can just stun you as soon as you come through. and the incressed sense doesn't matter if you can't catch them.  If Jason is in rage mode why can't he take more hits or even better every times he's stunned it becomes less and less effective.  What's to stop Jason from moving a table or a coutch if someone is looping him around it.  you could even make it a special kill animation only in rage mode or something.  I just wish Rage mode was more powerful  then it is.  In the movies Jason would not just follow someone around an object.  he'd toss it out of the way or at them and take care of business.

As a long time supporter and proud backer if this game I just want it to be the best that it can be and fun for everyone. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Oh nice! Someone in game told me it was an intentional change.  I'm good now-I can live with that no problem.  Thanks for your response!  You people are awesome!

What did you guys do to counselor traps?  I can't place them anymore by the doors either inside or outside of the house, pretty much they are useless now.  I do not see anywhere in the patch notes that counselor trap placement was modified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeamusArcher2339 said:

Jason X is coming Ladies and Gents. Our prayers have been answered 

Sadly we're only getting Uber.

Don't get me wrong; I am very happy for having Uber J, but unfortunately there will be no love for the chain wielding, face smashing, David Cronenberg killing pre-Uber Jason.

So much for a Merry Christmas:sadchappa:

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Sadly we're only getting Uber.

Don't get me wrong; I am very happy for having Uber J, but unfortunately there will be no love for the chain wielding, face smashing, David Cronenberg killing pre-Uber Jason.

So much for a Merry Christmas:sadchappa:

I think normal Jason x ill be alternate skin

13 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

What did you guys do to counselor traps?  I can't place them anymore by the doors either inside or outside of the house, pretty much they are useless now.  I do not see anywhere in the patch notes that counselor trap placement was modified.

Gotta love the phantom fixes.

I agree though...This bothers me too. I hate seeing something that was clearly changed and not in the notes.

I guess they didn't want to acknowledge something that they broke though.

What I'm wondering is how such a huge bug makes it passed the QA team? Didn't anyone try to place a trap?

I hadn't had any issues with placing traps as a counselor. *shrugs* Seemed to work fine, but idk maybe it's on certain maps/cabin types.

1 hour ago, dmack621 said:

I hadn't had any issues with placing traps as a counselor. *shrugs* Seemed to work fine, but idk maybe it's on certain maps/cabin types.

Same for me.

Devs could be upgrade for we could hide in the large beds from second floor  of the packnack lodge house

On 12/22/2017 at 11:38 AM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

My only guess is that this trap issue was caused by trying to disallow traps from being placed inside of a door frame, yes? So you guys placed an "anti-trap zone" around doors, right? Well it also applies to Jason's traps too.

I think a better solution would be to instead of placing any anti-trap zone around doors, remove that and if a trap is placed in a door frame(I mean IN the door frame, not anywhere 2 feet near it), the door simply won't close, like in real life!

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Or if someone puts a bear trap in the doorway and closes the door, the trap should spring and door should get destroyed.

No I think the door close prompt should just not activate. You don't want to have simple mistakes screw players over.

What about the traps you guys (devs) botched up with the Oct. patch? The overwhelming majority of players expressed what a horrible idea it was and that they wanted to go back to the old way of setting traps but apparently you ignored us and/or this wasn't important enough to be included. 

Also, the Bots are horrible. They get stuck on rocks, they run endlessly against solid walls (and Jason), they run into the lake and swim in circles, they jump into hiding places right in front of you, they dive out of windows then turn around and dive right back in, Tommy Jarvis repeatedly opens and closes the same drawer, they repair the car but then don't drive anywhere (and if they do it's right into a building or tree), all while being set on "Hard" difficulty.