Glad new update is out (for PS4 at least),  but...

Seems like they fucked up the hit detection (more) somehow, I have had games where bat swings completely go through Jason and make no contact, and I just had a game where about 75% of my perfectly timed wrench hits did literslly nothing, instead of stunning him about 20 times as it should have. That really sucks - hope they unbreak it soon... 

Other than that and the car nerf thing, pretty stoked that an update is finally out. 

Sorry noob question.   I read the virtual cabin portion of the patch notes and until then was unaware it even existed. Will it be available to everyone or just people who prepaid?
Sorry if this is obvious somewhere. 

Not sure if that's true or not but I've read on reddit and twitter people claim they were able to kill Jason while his mask was ON

Any confirmation on this ?

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

That is a pretty balanced character, and it kind of fits with Shelly in the movie.

5 repair isn't bad, I've repaired cars and fuses with Buggzy.

Shelly wouldn't fight with Jason. He was a fairly out of shape prankster, not a warrior.

He wasn't that lucky in the movie.

Again, he wasn't in very good shape. Why would you think his speed and stamina would be like Vanessa's?

I believe you may have picked the perfect user name.

" Composure 6/10
Luck 1/10
Repair 5/10
Speed 4/10
Stamina 4/10
Stealth 8/10
Strength 7/10

What is this trash? He is actually stealth Adam.

Once again, mental design team makes a counselor that only caters to immersed casuals. I think "Stealth Adam" is a worse insult that "Inferior alternative to Chad" and that's saying something. "

One from Steam disscusions :D 

The disc exclusive clothing pack is not working after installing Part 7’s kill pack...hope this is fixed soon

Sure the patch has 'stuff'. Just not sure if SP or Virtual cabin was the right 'stuff' to appease people of the glaring game breaking bugs that exist. 

Of the one game of SP all of my fears were realised when the AI was as bad as i expected! Running into a bed for a good 2 mins with no apparent pathfinding in place to unstick themselves. Every single counselor immediately diving through windows as soon as they saw me ( even if I was a good 100 yards away)- they could have opened and climbed through as normal. Fixing the car, starting then reversing into a tree and sitting there for the entirety of the match whilst i murdered every other counselor. 

Single player ruined the whole experience of the game, it felt scripted, wooden and there was no life or dynamic which I love the MP experience for.  In my honest and unwanted opinion they should have pushed the SP back a good few months until they addressed the other issues which hamper and hinder the MP game. 

3 hours ago, blablabla said:

Once again, mental design team makes a counselor that only caters to immersed casuals. I think "Stealth Adam" is a worse insult that "Inferior alternative to Chad" and that's saying something. "

Like any other counselor, you do not have to play Shelly. The stats are consistent with the Shelly's actions in the movie. I'm not sure what "immersed casuals" actually means. The character seems to have been created for hardcore fans of the movies, as well as the actor who played him in the film, who happens to be an acquaintance of the developers, and a die-hard player of the game.

I'm sorry you had to try to use some poorly worded Steam discussion to prove your point. Not every character is going to fit everyone's playstyle. It's like all of the "Tiffany sucks" and "Deb is better that Lachappa" threads that littler this forum. If you don't like his stats, pick a different counselor. It's not that hard.

6 hours ago, blablabla said:

" Composure 6/10
Luck 1/10
Repair 5/10
Speed 4/10
Stamina 4/10
Stealth 8/10
Strength 7/10

I have played Shelly and I think he is a playable character. Much more so than a few other characters. I see that he is well balanced for his character, maybe one of the best well balanced counselors on the game. I do think though that his composure could have been higher just for the sake of him being into horror makeup and gory pranks, plus he had no problem checking out the barn.

** I am mostly an A.J player. If you are used to a runner than he is not for you.

15 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Unnoted Change - Jason's traps dissapear from the map now when disarmed. This is a jarring change that can make you not notice a trap was triggered at first.

But once you're aware of it it helps with the previous issue where a disarmed trap will continue to show over a new trap making it hard to tell when a new one was triggered over an old one in the same location.

So it seems like a bug/nerf at first but is actually a fix/buff.

That, along with being able to trap the car doors, are game changers. Now I can live with his reach grab.

Steam and Xbox One players, the update has begun rolling out. You should be seeing the update within the hour.The update is now rolling out for PC and Xbox users. You should be seeing it within the next hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Steam and Xbox One players, the update has begun rolling out. You should be seeing the update within the hour.The update is now rolling out for PC and Xbox users. You should be seeing it within the next hour.

Thanks me true love!

27 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Sweet!  Fired up the Xbox and it started updating.

AI Tommy is broken af. If he opens a drawer with an item he already has, he glitches out and starts autistically opening it over and over. 

Had to go to my games and apps section to update....  Hmmm

Edited by Kirby1701
Comment was not applicable

11 hours ago, Rycornog said:

The disc exclusive clothing pack is not working after installing Part 7’s kill pack...hope this is fixed soon

This is still an issue on Xbox.

I just downloaded the P7 kill pack now that the update is on Xbox, and it removes my disc exclusive clothing.

Hey all enjoying the new bots.. very wonderful to not need and worry about people getting salty and leaving if you go to kill them.. feels good..  Only question I have is what about the new Part VII kills ? They are not available to purchase on steam yet. I have tried everything, except uninstalling and reinstalling game.  Please give me a heads up. Thanks all

11 hours ago, isdatadeadbody said:

I have played Shelly and I think he is a playable character. Much more so than a few other characters. I see that he is well balanced for his character, maybe one of the best well balanced counselors on the game. I do think though that his composure could have been higher just for the sake of him being into horror makeup and gory pranks, plus he had no problem checking out the barn.

** I am mostly an A.J player. If you are used to a runner than he is not for you.

Yes, 7 or 8 for Composure and 5 or 6 for strength. He was a bad ass at the convenience store and in checking out the barn. Him asking out Vera was composed too.

Not sure if changing the stats like this though would mimic those of another character?

After patch...

I'm very surprised by the virtual cabin 2.0. I'm going through it yet. There are so many references to the films from the Friday 13 series and to the figure that this is an amazing experience.

The person who came up with the idea of creating such a mode should get a promotion. :) I would like very much to make this mode further developed. 

The only minus is that English is not my native language, so sometimes I have a problem understanding certain content. Other language options are missing in the future. 

Good job for Virtual Cabin ! :)