On 12/18/2017 at 4:24 PM, tyrant666 said:

If Sense worked like Stalk.

No toggle. It would do wonders for the Stealth stat and make Sense as a strength even more important for Jasons with it since it would be totally dependent on cooldown instead of toggling.

It also why Shift would be a lot less of a hindrance on Jasons with it as a weakness if it only effected COOLDOWN, but not its speed.

Speaking of which, they nerfed the car's speed to be slow enough that -Shift can catch it. I think that is the wrong way. They should take your idea and just have Shift primarily be about cooldown time. The speed difference should be 10%, tops, between all levels. That way -Shift wouldn't be so bad and +Shift not so OP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jawbone said:

I think its less about being the champion at something and more having wasted stats.

Composure: 6/10 I don't think anyone really cares about composure too much as you will enter fear at some point. The biggest debuff fear proves which is minimap loss can be countered by a single perk if its that much of a detriment.

Luck: 1/10 One of the most important stats in the game and he has the lowest. So by default he is the worst character for combat in the game. He is the worst character for driving in the game. He is the worst character for kiting between broken windows in the game.

Repair: 5/10 The only adequate stat allocation he has. Not super fast but fast enough to repair in a combat scenario.

Speed: 4/10 Always welcome to be higher as it directly affects survivability.

Stamina: 4/10 Always welcome to be higher as it directly affects survivability.

Stealth: 8/10 A stat that is always almost completely useless. If someone else is being chased then you might as well have a 0 in the stat because its not being used. On top of that he doesn't reach the breakpoint for silent jogging so its two wasted stat points as the next breakpoint is 6.

Strength: 7/10 Are you going to kill Jason? If not wasted potential and even if you are going to kill Jason it loses its value the instant he is unmasked.

He would be a fine and dandy choice if stats were done better.

good post.. all accurate 

His stats are bad I thought maybe I would start playing a male counsellor so I thought what about Shelly but I guess I will chad

• Confused 1

On 12/18/2017 at 4:09 PM, D00las said:

Jenny's luck makes her more versatile. She can play a defender in a team and more importantly, her survivability is a lot higher in the later stages of the matches when the objectives eventually turn into deathtraps. Luck also enables her to kite (via cabin hopping) for long periods of time. While Jenny can't combat repair, her repair is very reliable when Jason is not around. However, there's really no point in using Jenny as Vanessa performs better over all. 

Jenny is quieter and stumbles less. She also dosen't lose her mini map as quick. The mini map thing is pretty key for me as a player. I like to plan my moves. 

7 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Jenny is quieter and stumbles less. She also dosen't lose her mini map as quick. The mini map thing is pretty key for me as a player. I like to plan my moves. 

Equip Nerves of Steel if you have it, loss of mini-map problem solved. Stumble can still occur, and occur at the worst moment, so the whole stumbling less thing is for naught IMO.

15 hours ago, Jawbone said:

I think its less about being the champion at something and more having wasted stats

He would be a fine and dandy choice if stats were done better.

There's only so many combinations of "good" stats that can be done though. Eventually they have to make character you consider weak just by sheer nature of stat balancing. Again, it's a free added character that will make it so that every now and then a match you're in isn't just Vanessa, Kenny, and AJ clones running around constantly. Even if he's not a great character, he is still free and adds depth; that's not a bad thing. Celebrate the gift rather than looking the gift horse in the mouth. 

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Equip Nerves of Steel if you have it, loss of mini-map problem solved. Stumble can still occur, and occur at the worst moment, so the whole stumbling less thing is for naught IMO.

Yay im fucking wrong again. Can I just play the character I like to play?

On 12/19/2017 at 11:10 PM, Aaron said:

wish more console users would slide .. too ez if they don't

'Sliding' is a cheat and it breaks gameplay. Players have been banned for using this exploit. Don't condone it; it is not fair play.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:02 PM, Aaron said:
cheat
CHēt/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating
  1. 1.
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

I think you should be more concerned about what the EULA states than what the dictionary does.

"(viii) use any type of bot, spider, virus, clock, timer, counter, worm, software lock, drop dead device, packet-sniffer, addon, hack, trainer, mod, cheat, Trojan-horse routing, trap door, time bomb or any other codes or instructions that are designed to be used to provide a means of surreptitious or unauthorized access or that are designed to distort, delete, damage, monitor, mine, enhance or disassemble the Software."

Taken directly from the F13 website, section 2 part 8. Every player agrees to this when they purchase and play the game; ignorance is no excuse for not knowing about it: http://f13game.com/eula/

'Sliding' and 'car surfing' are two silly exploits popularized by Pappus that are considered cheating. Both of these techniques:

1. Distort the game by removing elements of realism from the game's vision of Friday the 13th. Yes, other glitches exist that remove elements of realism from the game as well, but these are glitches that cannot be exploited (i.e.: bouncing bodies after executions). Is sliding along the ground utilizing a weapon glitch an intended part of gameplay? No? Then why would you do it, and what's even sillier is why would you publicly condone using cheats on the official forum for the game?
  2. Damage the game by making yourself substantially harder to catch. You empower yourself at everyone else's expense and consequently, spoil other people's game experiences. 'Git gud' does not apply here.

Avoid posting anything about how to do said cheats. It is very likely these two problems will be patched at some point, but we don't allow instructions for cheats and exploits on the forum.

He deserves 10 stealth because of how he sneaked up on people.

His strength can be lower. It's awkward and completely out of character role.

19 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Kodiak What Aaron meant is that he wishes that more counselors on console should slide because he, when he plays Jason, finds it too easy to kill them all. At least that's what I gleamed from the context of his post.

Essentially that's 'I wish more people would cheat'. Some players might want an even harder challenge, but if this becomes the norm then how are all the newer players going to deal with it, or the players who want to play without the use of exploits?

On 12/20/2017 at 11:00 AM, Tommy86 said:

The point is, Jenny stumbles the least of the current counslers...

I also hate stumbling and having fear.

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

A big quote that I didn't read the "don't quote excessively long quotes" rule for.

does pappus trigger u?