8 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

From a counselor's perspective, don't you think that Jason's shift ruins the immersion and seems quite cheap?

I'll be devil's advocate here and suggest that some / most of the crying before the Jason nerf was not just because he had crazy grab range, etc, but that this was compounded by one ability that was technically non-canon, and that was shift.

I think Jason should we way OP, as Frumpy said, that's how it ought to be. You should be trying to stay the hell away from Jason at all costs as a counselor. But shift is quite cheap in my opinion and does not belong. I vote for an unstoppable Jason but one without shift ability. Shift is the smoking gun in this entire debacle, I feel.

Think of shift as a morph.. they quite the same thing.. one is for fast move within the area the other is for larger parts of the area.. as you see Jason in part 8 could teleport everywhere which would either be a shift or a morph or both.. if he appears from behind to in-front of you instantly that's shift.. if he is down stairs and you run up stairs to the roof that would be morph.. so jason basically does have both abilities.

4 hours ago, dmack621 said:

I really get sick of people wanting MORE nerfs to Jason.

You want so-called "balance"? It's 7 vs 1 ... the ONE should have WAY more than the 7 to make up for the fact that they are a team of ONE vs a team of SEVEN.

You haven't read my post properly . . .

I said I vote for an OP, unstoppable Jason, as he should be, but without shift. Morph could perhaps explain this occurrences in the movies, but shift is quite gratuitous in my opinion.

Because it's already a solid part of the game, the best thing a player like me can hope for is a "game settings" menu that has a checklist of things that can be enabled or disabled in the game. Perhaps this could be afforded to a match "moderator" / whoever runs a particular server, like in other online games.

It should, of course, also appear in the offline bots game.

Or what about at least 2 on line game modes one that favors Jason and one that favors counselors.  Jason favoring mode would have better grab fewer pocket knives and med. sprays.  Counselor mode would be the current setting.

10 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Shift absolutely belongs. Watch the movies. Victim running away, FAR ahead of a slow walking Jason. They get some distance from him, stop for a breather and he is nowhere to be seen behind them anymore. "I'm in the clear!" they think, and then suddenly BOOM Jason is there in FRONT of them and kills them. How do you think he got there?

Shift is exactly what explains how this happens in the movies. And if Jason had no shift, this game would absolutely be unplayable. Had shift glitch out on a Jason earlier tonight and they were never catching anyone, not even LaChappa.

I really get sick of people wanting MORE nerfs to Jason.

You want so-called "balance"? It's 7 vs 1 ... the ONE should have WAY more than the 7 to make up for the fact that they are a team of ONE vs a team of SEVEN.

His old grab range wasn't a problem, I've survived it, as have many others. Jason's traps weren't the problem, there were always ways to beat them. 

The problem is crybabies who couldn't win all the time as counselors. And to be quite brutally honest, fuck every last one of you piss poor fucks.

Pretty much is the issue.. cry babies who aren't very good at being counselors complaining because they dont wanna spend time to get good.. the issue is that the dev team listens to the cry babies.. as do many other companies.. I myself survived Jason with his force grab.. but it was an issue as is the new grab.. where you can be close to your belly and still miss the grab.. which is dumb..

then you get 7 pocket knives.. 5 shotguns..

then you got a part 7 Jason who is so bad.. and needs to be buffed.. you got Jason as a whole.. that needs to be buffed.. he was turned to a pathetic pinata least in the launch he was menacing now he's a joke that i simply beat on with a bat.. it's sad.. I like it though because people can see how you truly can play when you have some real skill and want to learn to get better.. but no lets listen to these special snowflakes.. who cry.. 

16 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Good to meet you, and I'm pretty much always around for the most part.

Where can I see this?

Yes. It's way more exciting and intense. I just have trouble keeping that Jason vibe going in multiplayer. I have to sacrifice a lot of the ambiance to do well. With bots, I get to savor way more of the moments. 

THIS IS MY 1313th POST!!!

Randy hosts Twitch events and I get invited sometimes. There is a backlog of all his events you can rewatch. I am keeping my Steam identity a secret but just look for the guy that ONLY play Part 7 and beats everyone. If you figure out it is I, I ask you not make it public as my Steam identity is fun to keep separate from my real self.

11 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

You haven't read my post properly . . .

I said I vote for an OP, unstoppable Jason, as he should be, but without shift. Morph could perhaps explain this occurrences in the movies, but shift is quite gratuitous in my opinion.

Because it's already a solid part of the game, the best thing a player like me can hope for is a "game settings" menu that has a checklist of things that can be enabled or disabled in the game. Perhaps this could be afforded to a match "moderator" / whoever runs a particular server, like in other online games.

It should, of course, also appear in the offline bots game.

We understand you would vote for an OP Jason but we are just saying both Shift AND Morph are important to keep. One is for quick bursts of short distance while the other is for quick bursts for long distances.

5 hours ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

Pretty much is the issue.. cry babies who aren't very good at being counselors complaining because they dont wanna spend time to get good.. the issue is that the dev team listens to the cry babies.. as do many other companies.. I myself survived Jason with his force grab.. but it was an issue as is the new grab.. where you can be close to your belly and still miss the grab.. which is dumb..

then you get 7 pocket knives.. 5 shotguns..

then you got a part 7 Jason who is so bad.. and needs to be buffed.. you got Jason as a whole.. that needs to be buffed.. he was turned to a pathetic pinata least in the launch he was menacing now he's a joke that i simply beat on with a bat.. it's sad.. I like it though because people can see how you truly can play when you have some real skill and want to learn to get better.. but no lets listen to these special snowflakes.. who cry.. 

I forgot the increase amount of Shotguns. Unless this is a hunter's retreat I doubt we would find more than one, let alone at least one shotgun at a kids' camp. I am okay with one or two (with Tommy) but three or more and I question if Jason was actually killed when drowning to cover up the truth of what his "perfect" mind stumbled upon. If I witness a kids' camp as a front for gun smuggling, I'd be murdered too.

And partially it is that the developers listen, but more accurately, they give in or acquiesce. This implies there is a pressure externally but an emotional surrender of sorts due to insecurities on the developers' part. These independent developers put a LOT into this game. After the big server SNAFU at the start maybe they are a little sensitive to further demands to help quell any negative reviews. The problem, that is a slippery hill.

I too survived Jason's super length grab but not often - 1. Because I am not a very good counselor; 2. Because I shouldn't survive EVERY match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1