Ralph Voorhees

Available Now (Xbox One) Paid DLC - Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack

Just now, AldermachXI said:

OMG! You're right. Someone alert the highest ranking person at Gun immediately!

Be mature. It isn't right for a broken product to be listed plain and simple. 

9 hours ago, Jommy Tarvis said:

Okay, those are quite good. I'm now extra sour that Part 7 is underpowered AND that the Jason's can't trade out weapons.

The kills are ok. Not as good as the Part 4 kill pack.

If they really wanted to go the lazy 'tweak Part 7' route. Just make all negative Shift Jasons have the negative Morph cooldown but keep the normal neutral shift speed. This also helps P2 and P4. That's nothing complicated.

• Like 1

These Part 7 kills, personally are a downgrade from Part 4. These kills are "good". Not "great" like Part 4. 

• Haha 1

just saw this Slash n cast video on Part 7's new kill pack...P7 definitely has some of the best kills, I can see more ppl playing him. 

16 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

They sent it to Microsoft to be added to the store, correct? It's been up for over a day now and Gun Media has not got with Microsoft to take this off the store. It doesn't matter if the DLC will work or not when we get the update, the fact is they're selling a DLC product that's currently broken. Remember when Savini was listed on Microsoft? They sure got in touch with them to take that off the store within a couple hours. With no release date for us on Xbox they need to take it off the store, it's not right for people thinking if they buy it now the DLC will work. 

I actually do NOT remember Savini Jason being listed for sale on Xbox but I DO remember PS4 as I took the screenshot and emailed them and they had it pulled.

Has the Part 7 kill pack been taken out of the store? It was there the other day, but now it is not?

2 minutes ago, Grape said:

Has the Part 7 kill pack been taken out of the store? It was there the other day, but now it is not?

Yea I’m not seeing it either 

Only watched videos of these kills since the pack isn't available for PS4 yet. Honest opinion is I'm not impressed at all. Part 4's were great but these seem lazy / rushed. Fish Gut is just reverse Eviscerate. Mother's Favourite just looks goofy. Candy Dispenser is okay but lacks impact.

44 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Only watched videos of these kills since the pack isn't available for PS4 yet. Honest opinion is I'm not impressed at all. Part 4's were great but these seem lazy / rushed. Fish Gut is just reverse Eviscerate. Mother's Favourite just looks goofy. Candy Dispenser is okay but lacks impact.

They're in the store but you have to Google it. I Googled Jason 7 kill pack and it finally showed up. If I can link it here I would. It's not on the store search yet though.

Edit : here's the PS4 link.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2165-CUSA07878_00-F13GAMEKILLPAK02

Just downloaded em and tried em out on the bots and man they’re awesome. I just wish Pt 7 Jason wasn’t so trash. Here’s hoping for a major buff cuz yea these kills f’ing rock. 

11 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Have they still not buffed part 7 yet?

He is by far the weakest Jason in the game.

I don't think they've even acknowledged that he is broken. I don't think the devs understand how their own game works and which traits are important and which are not. Even a newbie could tell you how debilitating a shift weakness is, and how uniquely awful it is for J7 who cannot run either. They could also tell you that giving him the worst chasing ability of all Jasons AND fewer traps for worse map control is a losing formula. And then they could tell you how water speed, sense and especially grip strength are worthless traits. J7 seems like he was scientifically designed to be as awful as possible.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I don't think they've even acknowledged that he is broken. I don't think the devs understand how their own game works and which traits are important and which are not. Even a newbie could tell you how debilitating a shift weakness is, and how uniquely awful it is for J7 who cannot run either. They could also tell you that giving him the worst chasing ability of all Jasons AND fewer traps for worse map control is a losing formula. And then they could tell you how water speed, sense and especially grip strength are worthless traits. J7 seems like he was scientifically designed to be as awful as possible.

Yeah, this is exactly what I use to say back when I was on these forums a lot.

Any Jason that can’t run shouldn’t have a shift weakness. Period.

None of his strengths actually matter and his weaknesses are quite a blow against anyone that knows what they are doing.

It honestly hurts my fanboyism too bc he’s the only Jason in the game that uses the iconic machete, but he’s the worst Jason in the game by far.

Yeah, if they just want to "fix" him so that he's crap but still playable, all they have to do is swap the shift weakness for something less severe. If they want to make him actually worthwhile, swap a worthless trait or two (any of them but water speed, which, while worthless, is too core to his character to remove) with another good trait. We need another Morpher and +Morph and -Traps would make for an interesting playstyle and contrast with Part 2, especially if Part 7 were given a neutral Shift.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Yeah, if they just want to "fix" him so that he's crap but still playable, all they have to do is swap the shift weakness for something less severe. If they want to make him actually worthwhile, swap a worthless trait or two (any of them but water speed, which, while worthless, is too core to his character to remove) with another good trait. We need another Morpher and +Morph and -Traps would make for an interesting playstyle and contrast with Part 2, especially if Part 7 were given a neutral Shift.

They need to get rid of the -Shift and replace it with -Grip strength.

And maybe have +Weapon strength(Or +Destruction) simply because the Machete deals more damage then any of the other weapon in the game.

2 minutes ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

They need to get rid of the -Shift and replace it with -Grip strength.

And maybe have +Weapon strength(Or +Destruction) simply because the Machete deals more damage then any of the other weapon in the game.

Giving him +Destruction would be redundant because Part 8 already has it and the two are similar with water speed and us wanting them both to have neutral shift ability. Weapon strength could work, but I'd rather have Morph to give him a more interesting playstyle and Uber Jason will probably fill our undead weapon strength Jason quota. But yeah, in a perfect world, where Part 7 is pretty high tier, he'd look like this:

+Water Speed (with the boat appearing on all maps and an inability to morph too deep into water, forcing you to actually race the boat to the exit to give water speed a use)

+Morph

+Weapon Strength

-Can't run

-Traps

-Stun Resistance. Grip strength would be too minor if we gave him those strengths.

Guys, unfortunately I don't have time to trawl through this whole thread, but did they fix the Xbox One Kill Pack/Retail Clothing pack error?

I have my clothing pack installed, and weirdly, the kill pack is in the 'ready to install list' (I had to uninstall it so the clothes would work) but the kills are still turning up in game.
If I install the game to get it off of that list am I still going to lose my clothing pack?