Ralph Voorhees

Available Now (Xbox One) Paid DLC - Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack

3 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Yea i would like to see a video of this if possible...i use part 4 in the best way possible!

Best way possible? I would like to know what way that is, maybe that way i can start playing him again without the worry of dancers and super coordinated people.

Called it :lol:

Now I expect Gun to get the full brunt of complaints when players have a hard time even using the grab kills they bought, given how crippled this Jason is. Perhaps that will motivate them to fix J7 once and for all.

Devs, take my advice+Weapon Strength to replace +Grip Strength and -Stun Resist to replace -Shift.

• Thanks 1

Why is this pack even released on Xbox? It really should be taken down until they have a release date for the Xbox patch and then release it the day the patch goes live... 

Just now, Shaild said:

Best way possible? I would like to know what way that is, maybe that way i can start playing him again without the worry of dancers and super coordinated people.

Well you have to work with a certain strategy. You stuck with a huge group of people? I notice girl counselors stray away from the group, go for them under stalk. Once your on top of them, the other counselors will move towards the loner to save them. Kill her instantly, and take out the group moving towards you one by one, i notice separating people from the group, wearing out their stamina is a perfect mix for a good kill. Part 4 has that technique. Running mixed with destruction doesn't give the counselor time to gain stamina, which introduces fear in a whole new level. Once the counselor has no where to go now is your chance to move in. Dodge swings, stalk works wonders, shift only when outside or nessciary (useless inside when you get caught on items indoors). Thats all there is to it, works everytime as part 4!

3 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

Well you have to work with a certain strategy. You stuck with a huge group of people? I notice girl counselors stray away from the group, go for them under stalk. Once your on top of them, the other counselors will move towards the loner to save them. Kill her instantly, and take out the group moving towards you one by one, i notice separating people from the group, wearing out their stamina is a perfect mix for a good kill. Part 4 has that technique. Running mixed with destruction doesn't give the counselor time to gain stamina, which introduces fear in a whole new level. Once the counselor has no where to go now is your chance to move in. Dodge swings, stalk works wonders, shift only when outside or nessciary (useless inside when you get caught on items indoors). Thats all there is to it, works everytime as part 4!

I was planning to play tomorrow/today as Part 4 to get the grip on him, i should work on my impatience and temperament but i will have this on a sticker to try it, if you have something else to add i will read it, thanks sensei ;D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shaild said:

I was planning to play tomorrow/today as Part 4 to get the grip on him, i should work on my impatience and temperament but i will have this on a sticker to try it, if you have something else to add i will read it, thanks sensei ;D

Yea thats really my one skill, i have used it since i started using part 4 and it always seems to work and i get alot of "wow you scared the shit out of me" comments. I feel good getting them because it makes me want to use my strategies more. It never helps that part 4 chase music is amazing either :D good luck trying it out, everyone has their own specials skills!

28 minutes ago, Shaild said:

He would be better than Part 4 for starters and maybe even more than part 2.

Definitely not. Part 4 can run, break down doors fast and has great attack power. Those are great strengths. Problem is he also has huge weaknesses. If you gave part 7 weapon strength or something like that and took away either his shift or traps penalty, he'd still be low tier.

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

Yeah its really weird to put out a pack for the worst Jason in the game and expect people to buy it. I personally won't buy them regardless because it reinforces the Jason main stereotype that is happening and until bans are handed out for leaving I won't buy any kill packs.

You wouldn't want that.

Because the devs folded to the cries of the likes of you, you're gonna have to start dealing with counselor-mains quitting when they get Jason; because, unless they turn the beat around, all the Jason-mains will probably stop playing or move over to the Bots. 

It'll be funny to see the "counselor only" preference become meaningless, when they'll be the only ones in the lobbies. 

1 hour ago, IronKnight55 said:

I bought the Jason Part 4 kill pack, but I will not buy this one. I love  the look of Part 7 but he is the worst Jason in the game. I might buy this if/when he gets fixed. 

I only bought it for single player tbh

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

You wouldn't want that.

Because the devs folded to the cries of the likes of you, you're gonna have to start dealing with counselor-mains quitting when they get Jason; because, unless they turn the beat around, all the Jason-mains will probably stop playing or move over to the Bots. 

It'll be funny to see the "counselor only" preference become meaningless, when they'll be the only ones in the lobbies. 

Why wouldn't I want that? They have no intention of playing if they aren't Jason so a barren spot is the exact same as them leaving or not playing at all in the first place except they gain no satisfaction from ruining other people's games or getting what they want. Counselor preference is being changed to counselor only so everyone who wants to be Jason has a much greater chance in the first place so now they will only be competing against people who want to play Jason.

I don't understand the mindset that one person is more important than 7 others. I guess we should have kept team killing and body blocking in the game too.

15 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You wouldn't want that.

There will always be at least one guy willing to play as Jason no matter how hard he gets nerfed. Otherwise Dead by Daylight would have died a long time ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I don't understand the mindset that one person (:JasonPt7:) is more important than 7 others.

HAHAHAHAHA!

hehehehe HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's the best one I've heard. 

• Like 2

Damn. People always hating on Part 7. But even my 11 year old son kills every counselor using him almost every time. Different Jasons require different strategies. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

There will always be at least one guy willing to play as Jason no matter how hard he gets nerfed. Otherwise Dead by Daylight would have died a long time ago.

Oh God. Is that how DbD is?

When Freddy came out, I played 3 times and it seemed really easy. 

It'll be a real sin if Gun/illfonic are following that bullshit model. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Damn. People always hating on Part 7. But even my 11 year old son kills every counselor using him almost every time. Different Jasons require different strategies. 

Part 7 does not have any real strengths but has awful weaknesses. It's not a matter of strategy. He just plays terribly, period.

Oh God. Is that how DbD is?

When Freddy came out, I played 3 times and it seemed really easy. 

It'll be a real sin if Gun/illfonic are following that bullshit model. 

Freddy was overpowered at low ranks but easily bullied by high rank players. About a week after he was added to the game they nerfed him into oblivion and now he is the worst killer in the game, even worse than the Wraith who has been considered the worst since around a month after the game launched a year and a half ago.

9 hours ago, Jawbone said:

There's nothing I can say otherwise to that statement of yours. 

Think about what you're saying. Let's take the most interesting thing about this franchise and make him the least interesting thing about the game. 

If they do that, to follow some bullshit mold of every other game out there, then they've essentially sold out, just like how those classic bands would hire pop producers and writers back in the 80s and 90s.

9 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Freddy was overpowered at low ranks but easily bullied by high rank players. About a week after he was added to the game they nerfed him into oblivion and now he is the worst killer in the game, even worse than the Wraith who has been considered the worst since around a month after the game launched a year and a half ago.

Wow. Thank God I never liked that game. That's awful.

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

There's nothing I can say otherwise to that statement of yours. 

Think about what you're saying. Let's take the most interesting thing about this franchise and make him the least interesting thing about the game. 

If they do that, to follow some bullshit mold of every other game out there, then they've essentially sold out, just like how those classic bands would hire pop producers and writers back in the 80s and 90s.

Considering I was talking about handing out bans for leavers and you somehow strawmanned it to Jason vs Counselors.

• Like 1

The Halloween DLC has always been listed as "Retail Clothing" lol this isn't new with this item. Ever since I've downloaded it, it has been listed as such in my manage game.

5 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Considering I was talking about handing out bans for leavers and you somehow strawmanned it to Jason vs Counselors.

What sort of leavers are we referring to?

44 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I don't understand the mindset that one person is more important than 7 others.

Because he is JASON FUCKING VOORHEES!!!

20 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I expected you to change the topic pretty quickly when you realized how stupid your stance was.

I honestly thought you were replying to yourself here.

Enough of that, back to the original topic. I concede that part 7 Jason has the weakest skill set, but he is still Jason. He requires a more strategic approach, and a map with the boat is definitely in his favor. I'm not a great Jason player by any stretch, I have pretty much had my preference set to counselor since June or July. With that being said, I can have fun with part 7 Jason. Yeah, it is more difficult, but I do not mind that. Of course, it will be better when they make Jason overall scary again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Give him tree trimmer he used on the Doctor, that thing has a long reach.

I say give him the sling blade/kaiser blade aka the bush cutter thing. That has kind of long reach. The tree trimmer should be a pick-up item, randomly generated and hidden somewhere on each map, along with the spear gun.

1 minute ago, Jawbone said:

People who leave the instant they find out they aren't Jason. He was trying to convince me that I would somehow miss these people .I wouldn't be opposed to others getting bans either but 2-3 people leaving every game right off the bat causes major problems

You should read the entire conversation before you make a fool of yourself like you just did.

It's more of a problem that people leave when they are Jason right now. At least until the new patch comes out and hopefully fixes some of the melee and grabbing issues.

I did read the entire conversation. I'll be honest, the only person who continuously makes a fool of themselves on this forum seems to be you. I've read quite a few of your posts and replies, and you are quite inconsistent.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

You're the one who said that playing as Jason should be less important than playing as counselors. 

I already mentioned the bans. Keep the balance towards the counselor's side and expect frustrated Jason players to continue to quit. Start handing out bans for that, and expect Jason players to move over to Bots or another game. You'll be stuck with mostly lame Jason players that don't know what's going on yet, frustrated counselor-players that get picked as Jason because everybody in a given lobby will be set to counselor-only, or a bunch of fun Jasons that allow everybody to have dance parties, fix everything, get achievements, and/or kill him.   

But these disagreements might not even mean anything if the Bots and the Challenges are on point. 

Single player modes will be for the fans of what this game is supposed to be about, and multiplayer will be for fans of a generic videogame experience. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

It's more of a problem that people leave when they are Jason right now. At least until the new patch comes out and hopefully fixes some of the melee and grabbing issues.

I did read the entire conversation. I'll be honest, the only person who continuously makes a fool of themselves on this forum seems to be you. I've read quite a few of your posts and replies, and you are quite inconsistent.

What really just happened is that you realized you just participated in groupthink which seems to be a extremely common problem on these forums.

4 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You're the one who said that playing as Jason should be less important than playing as counselors. 

I already mentioned the bans. Keep the balance towards the counselor's side and expect frustrated Jason players to continue to quit. Start handing out bans for that, and expect Jason players to move over to Bots or another game. You'll be stuck with mostly lame Jason players that don't know what's going on yet, frustrated counselor-players that get picked as Jason because everybody in a given lobby will be set to counselor-only, or a bunch of fun Jasons that allow everybody to have dance parties, fix everything, get achievements, and/or kill him.   

But these disagreements might not even mean anything if the Bots and the Challenges are on point. 

Single player modes will be for the fans of what this game is supposed to be about, and multiplayer will be for fans of a generic videogame experience. 

Again you are talking about something completely different then what I was. I am talking about people who leave during the intro scene when they realize they aren't Jason. I really don't know how or why you keep strawmanning what I was talking about to something else. If balance was a problem for these people I was talking about then they wouldn't leave to go play Jason in another match would they?

I'd also be happy if these people who feel the need to be Jason every game stay in single player.