On a side note, I did some calculations based on the duration of Shift (5 seconds) and figured out how fast and far Jason moves (+Shift and - Shift).

Shift negative - covers ~30m in 5 seconds; 6m per second = 21.6kph / 13.42mph

Shift positive - covers ~60m in 5 seconds; 12m per second = 43.2kph / ~27mph (26.84)

I didn't test Shift neutral, but I'd surmise it is the median of the two (45m covered; 9m per second). Just thought I'd share because why not...:P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How exactly can you measure the meters in-game? This kind of post reminds me of the tv show "the Myth Busters". Nice experiment by the way ;)

Just now, Shaild said:

How exactly can you measure the meters in-game? This kind of post reminds me of the tv show "the Myth Busters". Nice experiment by the way ;)

The starting radius of Sense is known, which is also the music radius. 3000 centimeters/30 meters. If you know scale in game you can extrapolate distance using dropped markers and Jason's slow walk pace count.

The negative Shift tested was Part 7. The positive was Part 6. Just an additional FYI. I can't confirm if there are variations between Jason versions, but it seems unlikely. I could be wrong.😊

And you got the shift parameters using the sense and music radius? the hell? In my life i wouldn't have the patience nor i would think how to do that....:sadchappa:

6 hours ago, Shaild said:

And you got the shift parameters using the sense and music radius? the hell? In my life i wouldn't have the patience nor i would think how to do that....:sadchappa:

Well I needed a stopwatch for time too...

Inquisitive minds want to know.😜 Figuring out HOW to do it as much fun as getting a result...at least for me. But I'm a nerd and thought, "why not". 

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

No offence but @Alkavian's type of approach is what got us out of the Stone Age:JasonPt7:

I'm still in the stone age dude, send help bc that kind of info and the fact that my play style is as good as go against 7 non coordinated counselours, makes me feel that's indeed, i'm still in the Stone Edge.
PD: If you could send some pics about how is the evolution that would be nice. ;)

4 minutes ago, Shaild said:

PD: If you could send some pics about how is the evolution that would be nice. ;)

I think I'm gonna have to send you something else because I don't understand a word of what you just wrote.

12 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I think I'm gonna have to send you something else because I don't understand a word of what you just wrote.

I don't know either, i just went full evolution theorist and i totally forgot about what i wanted to said :wacko:

• Haha 1

Nice work!

I do wish they bumped the -shift Jason’s speed up a bit. Even just a few KM  above the car speed so it’s possible to catch up to it.

• Like 1