So I have been wondering about this since the Devs came into the discord with Wes saying they are all around 18 years of age but now its the height compared to Jason and we know Kane Hodder is 6 foot 3 or 6 foot 4 so compared to the counselors and I believe they are around the 5'10 mark anyone else have a debate about this?

Standard door is about 80inches in the US. That is 6'7" (rounded from 6.66). Jason is approximately 4" shorter than the top of the door frame using anthropomorphic norms from the center-line of the eyes to the crown of the skull to establish a vertical unit a measure for scale next to the known object. That places Jason at ~6'3" in the game. The counselors are around 10 inches shorter using the same units of measure. The counselors are all about ~5'6". :)

EDIT: If you watch the mocap sessions, the stunt persons Kane was tossing around all seemed very short compared to everyone else in the room.

On 17/12/2017 at 3:08 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So I have been wondering about this since the Devs came into the discord with Wes saying they are all around 18 years of age

Did they that’s cool and imo Tiffany and deb look 16/17 years old but getting back to the topic I have no idea

On 12/17/2017 at 12:46 PM, Alkavian said:

Standard door is about 80inches in the US. That is 6'7" (rounded from 6.66). Jason is approximately 4" shorter than the top of the door frame using anthropomorphic norms from the center-line of the eyes to the crown of the skull to establish a vertical unit a measure for scale next to the known object. That places Jason at ~6'3" in the game. The counselors are around 10 inches shorter using the same units of measure. The counselors are all about ~5'6". :)

EDIT: If you watch the mocap sessions, the stunt persons Kane was tossing around all seemed very short compared to everyone else in the room.

I did notice they got short people lol.

I always thought the idea of this was to have Jason being of towering height. Kane Hodder is a big dude, no doubt, but 6'3" isn't towering over people that are 5'10" to 6'. I think it was one of the reasons Ken Kirzinger was cast instead of Hodder for Freddy vs Jason. And on another note it might have been the reason why Tyler Mane was cast as Michael Myers in Zombie's Halloween remakes. For the game, they wanted the best Jason, yet wanted to turn him into a towering menace. They did by getting smaller stuntmen for mocap, simple but clever move.

5 hours ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I always thought the idea of this was to have Jason being of towering height. Kane Hodder is a big dude, no doubt, but 6'3" isn't towering over people that are 5'10" to 6'. I think it was one of the reasons Ken Kirzinger was cast instead of Hodder for Freddy vs Jason. And on another note it might have been the reason why Tyler Mane was cast as Michael Myers in Zombie's Halloween remakes. For the game, they wanted the best Jason, yet wanted to turn him into a towering menace. They did by getting smaller stuntmen for mocap, simple but clever move.

45271-tackling-new-gullivers-travels.jpg

Just beware of them counselors. They are dangerous in groups. ;)

Jason only ever became a huge towering brute in FvJ and the Remake. He was a big framed scary guy, but not freakishly tall in the other movies. 6'3"~ was plenty big enough to be intimidating. The movie directors just keep up-sizing Jason...like Rob Zombie did with Halloween. Michael Meyers was a pretty normal sized guy as well. At the rate these horror icons are going they'll be fighting kaiju in a Pacific Rim crossover.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Haha. Godzilla Friday Wars - Jason vs Mechagodzilla. It's gonna happen.

tumblr_m4n4g0qjib1qf3j2j.gif

Dafuq did I just watch? LOL......Jason doesn't have atomic breath!

I never really thought about their heights, I just presumed they went for an average height and standardised it for all the counsellors. I presumed Jason was scaled up to tower over them in game.

On body sizes, I let a friend play the game for the first time and she's curvy - not fat. Just in the plus size bodyshape, anyway she wanted to play a woman but didn't like the fact that all the female characters are pretty much super model thin like Barbie. Now I tried to explain that they were modelled from characters in the movies and that there weren't really any curvy girls in them and that's why they're thin, but she wasn't having it. She claimed the developers of this game must only be interested in body stereotypes, I tried to make the situation a bit more up beat by saying she could play as LaChappa who is the widest waist male character but that offended her!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

At the rate these horror icons are going they'll be fighting kaiju in a Pacific Rim crossover.

It's gonna be bigger than Pacific Rim.

3 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I never really thought about their heights, I just presumed they went for an average height and standardised it for all the counsellors. I presumed Jason was scaled up to tower over them in game.

On body sizes, I let a friend play the game for the first time and she's curvy - not fat. Just in the plus size bodyshape, anyway she wanted to play a woman but didn't like the fact that all the female characters are pretty much super model thin like Barbie. Now I tried to explain that they were modelled from characters in the movies and that there weren't really any curvy girls in them and that's why they're thin, but she wasn't having it. She claimed the developers of this game must only be interested in body stereotypes, I tried to make the situation a bit more up beat by saying she could play as LaChappa who is the widest waist male character but that offended her!

And on a less pleasant note. 

You should tell your big boned friend that most people don't want to play fat characters and that it won't help the game to make money to cater to such a "small" demographic (oh the irony..)  If she wants to do so, she can make a game herself. 

14 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

Isn't AJ like really thick?

11 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

You should tell your big boned friend that most people don't want to play fat characters and that it won't help the game to make money to cater to such a "small" demographic (oh the irony..)  If she wants to do so, she can make a game herself. 

Wow, lol... ? 

Yeah, AJ does look a little on the thick side. @Gummybish

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

On body sizes, I let a friend play the game for the first time and she's curvy - not fat. Just in the plus size bodyshape, anyway she wanted to play a woman but didn't like the fact that all the female characters are pretty much super model thin like Barbie. Now I tried to explain that they were modelled from characters in the movies and that there weren't really any curvy girls in them and that's why they're thin, but she wasn't having it.

giphy.gif

They may get around to the banana hitchhiker eventually. Then you can tell her, "they got you covered."

4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Isn't AJ like really thick?

I think A.J. looks great. But I don't like women thin like a stick. I do love a good skyscraper though. Tall women for the win!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lmfao that banana hitchhiker scene always gets me. 

But isn’t Kenny a little too mature looking for a 17-18 y/o?

Have you guys had full beards (I don’t mean stubbles) at the age of 18?

Also back to the height thing, I guess since the average male is 5’8-5’10 I guess that’s what they were going for.

What I find weird is that EVERYONE is the same height even the gals, maybe Buzz should be 6’3 since he has 10/10 strength to “symbolize” his power and Chad should be the typical 6 foot skinny dude.

Adam maybe the bulky 5’8” dude and LaChappa 5’5 or something.

Gals should be anything from 5’3-5’8 depending on their role and stats.

1 hour ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Lmfao that banana hitchhiker scene always gets me. 

But isn’t Kenny a little too mature looking for a 17-18 y/o?

Have you guys had full beards (I don’t mean stubbles) at the age of 18?

Also back to the height thing, I guess since the average male is 5’8-5’10 I guess that’s what they were going for.

What I find weird is that EVERYONE is the same height even the gals, maybe Buzz should be 6’3 since he has 10/10 strength to “symbolize” his power and Chad should be the typical 6 foot skinny dude.

Adam maybe the bulky 5’8” dude and LaChappa 5’5 or something.

Gals should be anything from 5’3-5’8 depending on their role and stats.

Guessing they are the same height because of hit boxes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Guessing they are the same height because of hit boxes

I actually thought of that, did you play the new Star Wars Battlefront 2? Yoda is a scrrwjob because his height makes him harder to hit.

I guess you’re right nonetheless I wouldn’t like a new META where everyone plays whoever is the shortest.

I think that's exactly it.

But as for why they are the height they are, I think they just really wanted Jason to look as imposing as possible so he's got like a head on everyone. Even Buggzy.

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

It's gonna be bigger than Pacific Rim.

Wow now that's a damn harsh thing to say, I should have known better that this would attract the attention of wilfully ignorant bigoted individuals. Oh the irony is obesity is an issue growing wider every year no matter where you are. I do not advocate such lifestyle at all, but some people are born naturally plumper than others. As I have stated, the person I referred to, to my mind isn't fat. Just slightly thick in the legs and behind. She has a flat stomach, now it was her opinion that she thought the females represented were too skinny not me, but you could raise the point that women do feel pressured into having the perfect body which can adversely affect their mental well being and physical health too. Very few of us can claim we have a perfect body, hell I'm built like a stick insect and couldn't put weight on if I tried! It would be interesting however to know the demographics of players of this game, or the gaming community as a whole and whether perceived character design does/does not live up to the demographics expectations. Now put straight, I having nothing against the current format of the girls in game, but I am not against having more counsellors even if their bodies were of different shapes.

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif

They may get around to the banana hitchhiker eventually. Then you can tell her, "they got you covered."

I think A.J. looks great. But I don't like women thin like a stick. I do love a good skyscraper though. Tall women for the win!

The Banana Girl! I forgot she even existed. Not my cup of tea as a playable character, but might be funny to see in game for a trope!

- Also, I didn't take much notice of AJ as I don't play her, but I can see what people mean about her, particularly in that bathing suit. Whether that's the deception of the suit or that see was a thick all along I don't know. To my mind she looked as skinny as the rest in her default outfit.

6 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

I think that's exactly it.

But as for why they are the height they are, I think they just really wanted Jason to look as imposing as possible so he's got like a head on everyone. Even Buggzy.

Is Jason really a full head taller than the counselors? I never paid too much attention to it but he didn’t tower over them, it looked to me like half a head advantage at best.

6 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

Wow now that's a damn harsh thing to say, I should have known better that this would attract the attention of wilfully ignorant bigoted individuals. Oh the irony is obesity is an issue growing wider every year no matter where you are. I do not advocate such lifestyle at all, but some people are born naturally plumper than others. As I have stated, the person I referred to, to my mind isn't fat. Just slightly thick in the legs and behind. She has a flat stomach, now it was her opinion that she thought the females represented were too skinny not me, but you could raise the point that women do feel pressured into having the perfect body which can adversely affect their mental well being and physical health too. Very few of us can claim we have a perfect body, hell I'm built like a stick insect and couldn't put weight on if I tried! It would be interesting however to know the demographics of players of this game, or the gaming community as a whole and whether perceived character design does/does not live up to the demographics expectations. Now put straight, I having nothing against the current format of the girls in game, but I am not against having more counsellors even if their bodies were of different shapes.

Don’t make this into a SJW thing.

They’re neither ignorant nor bigots.

This game is based on 80s slasher movies where careless teenagers fuck around and do the opposite of what they’re told to do as counselors, I think that’s the irony behind it.

It should be emphasized that the movies mostly happened during the 80s where most actresses where hot blondes or thicc wamen.

LaChappa was a kickstarter donator so the only “out of shape” character happens to be a real life person..

Don’t let your friend take 80s stereotypes too seriously and don’t accuse others of not aknowledging obesity as a major health problem.

With that being said, I demand for banana hitchhiker to be the next counselor!

2 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

It should be emphasized that the movies mostly happened during the 80s where most actresses where hot blondes or thicc wamen.

Then WHERE IS OUR MEAN BLONDE GIRL?!?!?!?!?!?

(Sorry, i needed to do it) (Also, her height would be high because of high heels) (And only if the devs put her on high heels) (Aaaand only if the devs put her in the game :c).

• Like 1

We have Chad who is supposed to be blonde according to the renders made of every launch counselor.

If he doesn’t count as mean blonde gal then nothing makes sense anymore lmao

If you look at the mocap diaries, the counselor mocap actors are like 5'2". They're tiny. I'm willing to scale both them and Jason up a few inches. If Kane is 6'4" tall(he wears infamously thick soled shoes, but let's say he's 6'4" without them), then Jason's big head might add another 2 or 3 inches, so counselors could  be about 5'5" and Jason about 6'7" tall.

13 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Is Jason really a full head taller than the counselors? I never paid too much attention to it but he didn’t tower over them, it looked to me like half a head advantage at best.

Don’t make this into a SJW thing.

They’re neither ignorant nor bigots.

This game is based on 80s slasher movies where careless teenagers fuck around and do the opposite of what they’re told to do as counselors, I think that’s the irony behind it.

LaChappa was a kickstarter donator so the only “out of shape” character happens to be a real life person..

Don’t let your friend take 80s stereotypes too seriously and don’t accuse others of not aknowledging obesity as a major health problem.

With that being said, I demand for banana hitchhiker to be the next counselor!

No no no, being a SJW is the last thing on my mind! I do agree with you about the obvious 80s stereotypes and I have seen most of the films. This was a case of someone who I know hasn't seen any of the films, I am sorry if I lashed out a bit in my previous comment.

13 minutes ago, Santi_Lee said:

Then WHERE IS OUR MEAN BLONDE GIRL?!?!?!?!?!?

(Sorry, i needed to do it) (Also, her height would be high because of high heels) (And only if the devs put her on high heels) (Aaaand only if the devs put her in the game :c).

Thumbs up from me! You even brought up the heels topic again, now interestingly if your wishes were granted twice and she one appeared and two came in stilettos, what would the devs do? Would we see the same size counsellor 5 in game inches higher up, making her the tallest counsellor? Or would we see her head being the same height as the rest but her heels 5 in game inches up, thus making her the smallest character?  

3 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

Thumbs up from me! You even brought up the heels topic again, now interestingly if your wishes were granted twice and she one appeared and two came in stilettos, what would the devs do? Would we see the same size counsellor 5 in game inches higher up, making her the tallest counsellor? Or would we see her head being the same height as the rest but her heels 5 in game inches up, thus making her the smallest character?  

Try running through the woods in the dark in heels. No, they're just going to give her normal shoes.

• Like 1