I've played the game a few times and I'm horrible at it.  I'm not an idiot, but most of my video game experience is from 80's nintendo or a Sega Genesis. Is there anyone that lives in the Santa Monica area that could come by for an hour or so and just teach me some basics on my PS4?  I search around on the web for "help for beginners" but even some of the lingo is pretty foreign to me. I just need someone to show me the basics and get me on the right track so I don't fuck up other peoples games when I play with them online!   Any help is appreciated. I barely know how to "run" on this game so that should show you where I'm at skills wise!    (or even if one of the game creators reads this and wants to give me a call, just let me know!!)

Thanks! 

Chris G. 

Welcome to the forums!

I'm unfortunately about 5,000 miles away from you, but I don't know if anyone closer could help. Best advice I could give is simply just keep playing, practise and experience count for a lot.
My first game as Jason, I kept forgetting how to grab so spent the last couple minutes awkwardly blocking and shuffling about.

Offline play against AI bots is coming out on the next patch (which should be tomorrow for PS4, I believe) so you could get in some practise as Jason at least without having to play other people.

In terms of some more advanced tips and tricks, when you feel you've got more of a grip on things, here are a coupe very usual threads:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/7683-tips-for-those-of-you-who-are-having-trouble/

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10596-the-playbook-techniques-and-strategies/

And also you could look for new players from here, in which case I'd recommend starting with the general Steam ID and Gamertag thread as there are lots of tags in there.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/553-gamer-tags-for-f13/

As well, you could try the Good Sportmanship Club in General forum. Use the search bar if you don't see their thread there, they're a helpful and inclusive bunch so I'm such they'd help you along on a bunch of games.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris Gehrt said:

I've played the game a few times and I'm horrible at it.  I'm not an idiot, but most of my video game experience is from 80's nintendo or a Sega Genesis. Is there anyone that lives in the Santa Monica area that could come by for an hour or so and just teach me some basics on my PS4?  I search around on the web for "help for beginners" but even some of the lingo is pretty foreign to me. I just need someone to show me the basics and get me on the right track so I don't fuck up other peoples games when I play with them online!   Any help is appreciated. I barely know how to "run" on this game so that should show you where I'm at skills wise!    (or even if one of the game creators reads this and wants to give me a call, just let me know!!)

Thanks! 

Chris G. 

Chris,

Just take your time get used to it  if you aren't yet. Its a definite change. from systems of the 80's. But once you get the hang

of it, It's great! Don't worry about ruining anyone's game experience, You are new so It'll take a little bit. I'm off tomorrow, I host

session all day, when I can.

Let me know if you want to play, I'll help you if I can.

• Like 1

YouTube has a number of videos that can help you get started. Just search for "councelor tips" and "jason tips." That should help give you a leg up.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 8:20 AM, Chris Gehrt said:

Thanks! 

Chris G. 

Chris I would help but I’m all the way on the other side of the world form you

@Chris Gehrt, the group @DamonD7 was describing can be found at the link below. We've run tutorial matches from time to time, and have a primary goal of fun with the game, rather that worrying about skill level of individual players. If you like what you see, post on that thread, or drop me a PM on here and I can get you an invitation to the PlayStation group.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9615-good-sportsmanship-club/

• Like 1

I am a few hours ahead of you; on the Eastern shore of U.S. I would recommend searching YouTube videos for tips and Jason game play to watch and learn what it's like. ;) 

Good luck playing, look forward to the update/patch today. It may help with some of your problems!

Thanks!  I'm slowly getting the hang of it.  I'm noticing when I do get the occasional badge its not even saving on my progression chart.  So thats the latest thing I'm frustrated with. 

If you're getting those badges against the Offline Bots, they won't count. Don't know if that's what you're doing on not, just the first thing I thought of.

If it's against regular players then yeah, they should be clocking up.

• Like 1