NthnButAGoodTime

All three added counselors are from or inspired by Part 3.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:52 PM, MichaelMemers said:

The characters in part 3 stand out more. I can't really think of any characters you could add from other movies, except for a character like Mark who was in a wheelchair and would play quite differently, or Melissa or Tamara to fill the mean girl trope. There are characters like Tina from part 7 you could add but they would have to be hero characters like Tommy and not standard counselors if you wanted to do them right.

Reggie...

Adding Crispin would be awesome...

He was soooooo cute in the movie. I had a major crush on his character. :hearteyestiff:

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 4:42 AM, disco romance said:

Let's not forget Jenny, who is directly inspired by Chris Higgins.

I always thought it was a mistake to call her "Jenny." If they ever decide to add "Ginny" from Part II, there's going to be some confusion.

@Cokeyskunk

Her clothes give it away for Part 3. But the face and hair...oh geez, if they were trying to accomplish Chrissy, it doesn't look at all like her. She was definitely one of my favorite characters through out the series. Sad to say it, she and Tina Moore were my movie crushes as a kid :D 

It's funny but when I started playing I was thinking:

Chad - Trent (2009)

Buggsy - Lawrence (2009)

Adam - Clay (2009)

Kenny - Richie (2009)

And then...

Bear Traps - Bear Traps (2009)

"Fuck you!" - Whitney (2009)

Pamela's Voice - Pamela Voorhees (FvJ)

It looks like Friday the 13th: The Game us taking us back and starting with parts 1-3, but these devs are really post-Paramount people. 

On 12/16/2017 at 7:28 PM, AldermachXI said:

Well Part 3 is arguably the most iconic of the films. It's when Jason truly became Jason due to the mask. Part VI is when Jason took his next step in "evolution", becoming "zombie Jason", which is seen by many as the best, or next best (After 3) film in the franchise.

I can't blame them for showing Part 3 so much love.

Eh? As a lifelong F13 fan who's always interacted with the community, I've never seen many refer to 3 as the "best". At least not in any majority. If we're talking pre-zombie Jason, Final Chapter usually gets that honor. Having the axe mark, the aggression of White's protrayal, and Savini's effects work.

I have respect for part 3 originating the mask and all, but Jason's look and demeanor in it are far from the best. He's always looked a little odd with the hunchback from the shoulder wound and the high riding sleeves and such.

On 16/12/2017 at 9:23 PM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

It's interesting that all three added counselors are either from or inspired by Part 3. I wonder if this was intended, or if circumstances just steered us in this direction.

:JasonPt3:

tumblr_ozi9utnuQc1qjxgmho1_500.gif

Maybe they will do this: First is Part 3 then Part 4 Then Part 5..... Or who knows maybe is just they favorite movie xd.

Part 3 was the most successful film in the franchise (box office wise, IIRC). It's also one of, if not the worst reviewed film in the series.

Parts 1-5 to me are all about equal but part 4 gets an advantage because the biggest hottie of all the movies is in it, Judie Aronson/ Samantha. After part 5 they're just completely ignorant and unrealistic. Movies that could actually happen are always scarier like the top 2 best horror movies ever Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween.

Part 3 is the best. Glad it gets so much love from the developers.

10 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I always thought it was a mistake to call her "Jenny." If they ever decide to add "Ginny" from Part II, there's going to be some confusion.

I still can't believe that we have Jenny and Kenny. Should have been Jennifer.