NthnButAGoodTime

All three added counselors are from or inspired by Part 3.

It's interesting that all three added counselors are either from or inspired by Part 3. I wonder if this was intended, or if circumstances just steered us in this direction.

:JasonPt3:

tumblr_ozi9utnuQc1qjxgmho1_500.gif

Well Part 3 is arguably the most iconic of the films. It's when Jason truly became Jason due to the mask. Part VI is when Jason took his next step in "evolution", becoming "zombie Jason", which is seen by many as the best, or next best (After 3) film in the franchise.

I can't blame them for showing Part 3 so much love.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Well Part 3 is arguably the most iconic of the films. It's when Jason truly became Jason due to the mask. Part VI is when Jason took his next step in "evolution", becoming "zombie Jason", which is seen by many as the best, or next best (After 3) film in the franchise.

Oh I don't bring it up as a complaint, just a curiosity. 3 is also the headliner on the packaging and the game menu, and was chosen as the base model for the first iteration of Retro Jason.

Part III is @Randygbk's favourite movie. No wonder why Part 3 Jason was chosen over Part 4 to represent the game.

Mitch, Fox and Shelly are just coincidences. Mitch because he is the Stoner (drugs represent well the youth from that time). Fox because of Gloria's death last year. And Shelly because his actor Larry Zerner wanted badly to appear in this game just like Fox.

1 minute ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Part III is @Randygbk's favourite movie. No wonder why Part 3 Jason was chosen over Part 4 to represent the game.

Mitch, Fox and Shelly are just coincidences. Mitch because he is the Stoner (drugs represent well the youth from that time). Fox because of Gloria's death last year. And Shelly because his actor Larry Zerner wanted badly to appear in this game just like Fox.

Part VI is Randy's favorite F13 movie. He says so on nearly every stream he does.

He says that's when Jason became an unstable force and he loves the trailer scene with Jason standing on top after the crash.

The characters in part 3 stand out more. I can't really think of any characters you could add from other movies, except for a character like Mark who was in a wheelchair and would play quite differently, or Melissa or Tamara to fill the mean girl trope. There are characters like Tina from part 7 you could add but they would have to be hero characters like Tommy and not standard counselors if you wanted to do them right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Part VI is Randy's favorite F13 movie. He says so on nearly every stream he does.

He says that's when Jason became an unstable force and he loves the trailer scene with Jason standing on top after the crash.

What I've heard is that he loves Part III too. Almost as much as Part VI.

I suppose it could be argued that 3 has a large collection of "types" that aren't already covered by the generic counselors.

Part III is my fav of the franchise, by far, and has the best collection of counselors from any of the films. They are unique, full of personality, span all of the tropes, and memorable.

If only I didn’t get wasted at the bar at the end of Part II and pass out in the street outside the after-hours watering hole I went to, I could’ve been in Part III too, damn’t!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

The characters in part 3 stand out more. I can't really think of any characters you could add from other movies, except for a character like Mark who was in a wheelchair and would play quite differently, or Melissa or Tamara to fill the mean girl trope. There are characters like Tina from part 7 you could add but they would have to be hero characters like Tommy and not standard counselors if you wanted to do them right.

For a while now I've said I would be excited to have more "hero" characters who could show up instead of just Tommy.  My choices would be Tina (some sort of psychic power), Reggie the Reckless (super fast, maybe even pull out a tractor to ram Jason), and Steve Christy (mesmerize and confuse Jason with his bandanna and unconfortably short cutoff shorts combo).

39 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

... and Steve Christy (mesmerize and confuse Jason with his bandanna and unconfortably short cutoff shorts combo).

He knows what to do when they're nude...but what does he do when they're pretty much nude?

46 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

He knows what to do when they're nude...but what does he do when they're pretty much nude?

It would also be a great use for the "puke" emote from the other counselors.

8 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

It would also be a great use for the "puke" emote from the other counselors.

In all seriousness, though, Kenny in his swimwear pretty much carries the Steve Christy banner, minus the bandana choker.

It's Ronnie's favourite, I suspect this is why there is such a Part 3 bias. 

Final Chapter is the most iconic Friday movie among fans for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Part 3 is so underrated. After this game came out I rewatched the whole series a couple times.  Before this I would have ranked 4/6 my number #1 depending on my mood of which one. Since then I think 4 is overrated and 3/5 are way better than I gave them credit for. 6 is still awesome. Lol

I think they always intended to have more canon characters in the game. They just went with the tropes because they weren't sure if they could secure the likeness with some of the actors/actresses. Thom Matthews was probably the first person who came forward to offer his likeness for Tommy.

Like for instance.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Crispin Glover would allow for the usage of Jimbo unless these guys wanted to pay him a truckload and even then. He seems to be a big diva. I remember he didn't want to do the other Back To The Future Films unless he was payed as much if not more than Michael J. Fox/Marty and Christopher Lloyd/Doc Brown.

I do think there is a demand for other canon characters if criteria could be met. I suspect the Mean Girl is coming in this next update. Whether its a character based on the trope or they secured the likeness to Melissa or Tamara, time will tell. Obviously, there has been a lot of demand for Mark from Part 2 and Tina from Part 7 as an alternate hero character to Tommy because of how much different she could be. I'd like to see a trope of Dr. Crews from Part 7 or Charles from Part 8, an older asshole/skeptic type but that's way down the line thinking.

• Like 1

Just now, tyrant666 said:

I think they always intended to have more canon characters in the game. They just went with the tropes because they weren't sure if they could secure the likeness with some of the actors/actresses. Thom Matthews was probably the first person who came forward to offer his likeness for Tommy.

Like for instance.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Crispin Glover would allow for the usage of Jimbo unless these guys wanted to pay him a truckload and even then. He seems to be a big diva. I remember he didn't want to do the other Back To The Future Films unless he was payed as much if not more than Michael J. Fox/Marty and Christopher Lloyd/Doc Brown.

I do think there is a demand for other canon characters if criteria could be met. I suspect the Mean Girl is coming in this next update. Whether its a character based on the trope or they secured the likeness to Melissa or Tamara, time will tell. Obviously, there has been a lot of demand for Mark and Tina from Part 7. I'd like to see either a trope of Dr. Crews from Part 7 or Charles from Part 8, an older asshole/skeptic type but that's way down the line thinking.

Look up alitte more on the crispin glover back to the future situation. He sued them and won for very good reason. What they did to him in part 2 made me sick to be a fan of the movie series to be honest. 

• Like 2

Bring Gordon in. 10 speed, 10 stamina, 5 stealth, 5 strength, 0 repair (can't repair at all actually) but can see all objects on his minimap and deliver items.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Part III is my fav of the franchise, by far, and has the best collection of counselors from any of the films. They are unique, full of personality, span all of the tropes, and memorable.

If only I didn’t get wasted at the bar at the end of Part II and pass out in the street outside the after-hours watering hole I went to, I could’ve been in Part III too, damn’t!

You lucky bastard,im surprised Jason didnt went after you first after the whole pretending to be him with your monster mask,tribal spear and fur loincloth,if he had been there during that moment he would had felt being mocked wich is why he would had went after you first.

But nope ,you survived the entire massacre.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Like for instance.

Glover was offered way less than other actors of the same level and screen time as him and he thought this was unfair so he questioned it. He chose to leave the project and then discovered that they used footage of him and another actor wearing a cast of his face. They did this without his consent or paying any royalties for the use of his previous footage. So he sued them. And rightfully so. 

They basically tried to screw him over so he was all nope and acted accordingly.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be a problem if everything was done correctly... how fucking amazing would it be to have Jimbo dance parties! 😄 Side note, it doesn't seem that ridiculous when you watch the scene with the music he was actually dancing to on set, which was Back in Black by AC/DC.. but still, best dance ever put on film!

• Like 1