This is an idea I've just thought about and I'm unsure if there's a topic discussing it so here goes.

For adventurous types who want to kill Jason but aren't great at combat, there should be an alternative to dealing enough damage to remove his mask. Perhaps using a shotgun or even the flare gun to shoot and ignite a gas can for a high-damage dealing explosion? It should be nearly enough to remove Jason's mask, but can insta-kill counselors if they're too close to the blast radius. Damage will also fall off the further the distance to the explosion, so if Jason can move from the epicenter in time, his damage received will be reduced. Keep in mind this will eliminate that particular gas can, limiting escape options. What do you all think about this idea? Should it also be possible to shoot the gas tank and a repaired car for the same effect? Or would the limiting of escape options make the game far too unbalanced?

I look forward to everyone's thoughts and suggestions!

As much as I like the idea of torching Jason, people would definitely just blow them up for fun or to tk.

I see what everyone is saying. It makes sense it would be abused especially by those in a party with Jason to kill other counselors. Perhaps only Tommy Jarvis can do it? Would that be viable or still just problematic?

3 hours ago, Zetsabre-Slice45 said:

I see what everyone is saying. It makes sense it would be abused especially by those in a party with Jason to kill other counselors. Perhaps only Tommy Jarvis can do it? Would that be viable or still just problematic?

Tommy Jarvis pick ups the gas , pours it on Jason , someone use a flare gun or Tommy ignites him with his lighter. Like he wanted to do in Part 6 beginning. Jason takes REALLY HIGH damage and becomes very weak. So what's point to play Jason then? Counselors already buffed the fuck out of themselves. New game mode : Jason tries to escape counselors' wrath.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:50 PM, The Gunslinger said:

New game mode : Jason tries to escape counselors' wrath.

Too late. It hasn't been new since the counselor buff. 

14 minutes ago, Zetsabre-Slice45 said:

HA! Nice, but it is true. But Counselors have been nerfed a bit since then so...

I have to wait till the weekend to play sadly, work early, work work late. Might try to bully Roy to see how well Jason has been buffed. Thank god they took out that new game mode though, it was annoying for a Jason main like me. 

3 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

I have to wait till the weekend to play sadly, work early, work work late. Might try to bully Roy to see how well Jason has been buffed. Thank god they took out that new game mode though, it was annoying for a Jason main like me. 

I main Counselors and let me tell ya, it's no fun if there's no challenge.

Just now, Zetsabre-Slice45 said:

I main Counselors and let me tell ya, it's no fun if there's no challenge.

Yeah, I resented playing counselors because of the little to no challenge that came with surviving. Camp fire? pocket knife, shotgun, med spray! rinse and repeat. But I hope this still makes Jason fun and some what challenging to play as.