So I've spoken to a fair number of players who want things like town maps, hospitals, police stations, more indoors areas etc. Well I think a small town map (think part 6) would be perfect after a pinehurst map! I decided to draw out an example (it's really basic I'm in no way an artistic person). It shows the sort of layout these maps could have to maintain the gameplay we already have. For the purpose of Jason's shack and making car escape difficult I included a small forest area, but in reality about 70% of the map would be town focused. You venture into the forest area to gain items from the 1 or 2 cabins or to repair the car which then requires passing the narrow forest roads onto the town roads to then proceed to escape (Makes the car escape less easy).All the buildings i.e hospital/police station would be about the size of packanack or jarvis house and maybe one could be three stories as the main hub. But it would really add some variety to the game and some new objectives could be added to escape with them in mind! 

So here's a basic drawing of my map idea... Don't judge my drawing skills again :D

Town map.png

• Like 5

I know it looks quite big but think of most of the buildings being quite small (2 stories) and the forest area not being too big either. 

On 12/15/2017 at 10:55 PM, f13jb95 said:

I always wanted an indoor map for this game I love the idea

• Confused 1

The "town" would have to be a neighborhood, really. Put a diner/bar(part 2 or part 9 diner) and some houses in it. It also needs a body of water, like a river or canal. Make it cut right through the middle of the map with 2 bridges connecting the 2 land parts. The Voorhees house would be at the end of a cul-de-sac with one exit. It would have no power at the beginning of the match and would require restoring power for the area. Make it locked and need to find the Voorhees house keys to get inside to find the dagger as a Jason kill option.

• Like 1

The only town I see happening as a map is Manhattan, and it will likely be a sectioned off portion that will likely feature some key moments in the film (like the diner.) Each map they have added so far (and will likely add) are iconic in the films. I don't see them adding just some random town.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:18 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The "town" would have to be a neighborhood, really. Put a diner/bar(part 2 or part 9 diner) and some houses in it. It also needs a body of water, like a river or canal. Make it cut right through the middle of the map with 2 bridges connecting the 2 land parts. The Voorhees house would be at the end of a cul-de-sac with one exit. It would have no power at the beginning of the match and would require restoring power for the area. Make it locked and need to find the Voorhees house keys to get inside to find the dagger as a Jason kill option.

@f13jb95 It looks like a pretty cool idea. It might need a little tweaking for game balance, but I like the direction you are going with it.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I may be reading it wrong as intent is difficult to convey in print,  but your post came across as a little condescending and demanding. It just seemed like you were insisting on changes that you felt were needed. If that was not the way you intended your reply to be, I apologize. Phrases like "have to be" "it needs" "Make it" all sound like you were dismissing the OP's ideas and inserting your own.

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I may be reading it wrong as intent is difficult to convey in print,  but your post came across as a little condescending andemanding. It just seemed like you were insisting on changes that you felt were needed. If that was not the way you intended your reply to be, I apologize. Phrases like "have to be" "it needs" "Make it" all sound like you were dismissing the OP's ideas and inserting your own.

It's text.... you can't convey emotion in text unless you go out of your way to be super nice. I was listing ideas without any extra fluff that would inflate the paragraph to twice the size. I could have put in a bunch of "I think it would be cool if... Perhaps maybe try this.... this or that would be interesting...." but doing that for each and every post makes it a chore to type and to read.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow That's kind of what I figured. I've seen plenty of your posts and never found them to be rude. That is why I apologized in advance in my reply, since I didn't really think you meant to be condescending, it just came across that way. 

Back to the original topic, I do think a town map in the vein of Forest Green would be pretty cool. I don't think too many players would be excited to see the theatrical version of Manhattan in Part 8. Other than the Times Square sequence, it was just a generic, dystopian shithole. I mean, really, what city do you know of that just randomly has barrels of toxic waste in an alley? :lol:

6 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow That's kind of what I figured. I've seen plenty of your posts and never found them to be rude. That is why I apologized in advance in my reply, since I didn't really think you meant to be condescending, it just came across that way. 

Back to the original topic, I do think a town map in the vein of Forest Green would be pretty cool. I don't think too many players would be excited to see the theatrical version of Manhattan in Part 8. Other than the Times Square sequence, it was just a generic, dystopian shithole. I mean, really, what city do you know of that just randomly has barrels of toxic waste in an alley? :lol:

That has to be a context kill though. It just HAS to.

I think, for me, a small capture of the town (Crystal Lake/Forest Green) would be a fantastic map. I can see this game having two of them (urban maps). The town and part of Manhattan.

9 hours ago, disco romance said:

The only town I see happening as a map is Manhattan, and it will likely be a sectioned off portion that will likely feature some key moments in the film (like the diner.) Each map they have added so far (and will likely add) are iconic in the films. I don't see them adding just some random town.

Once they finish making maps based on the movies, there will be room for custom maps. I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of unique stuff they come up with in the future.

32 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I think, for me, a small capture of the town (Crystal Lake/Forest Green) would be a fantastic map. I can see this game having two of them (urban maps). The town and part of Manhattan.

I think both would be amazing. I'm just eager to see a more urban based map tbh. Cabin maps have been fun but the game needs some more variety in terms of settings in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@f13jb95 It looks like a pretty cool idea. It might need a little tweaking for game balance, but I like the direction you are going with it.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I may be reading it wrong as intent is difficult to convey in print,  but your post came across as a little condescending and demanding. It just seemed like you were insisting on changes that you felt were needed. If that was not the way you intended your reply to be, I apologize. Phrases like "have to be" "it needs" "Make it" all sound like you were dismissing the OP's ideas and inserting your own.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely agree it wouldn't be a balanced map the way i've drawn it - I guess the idea I was going for was to show a potential way a forest map could be incorporated into a majority town map (the forest I suppose would need to be partly present for the purpose of Jason's shack - although there could be ways around it). 

Perhaps in the pinehurst map (which I suspect we will receive next) there will be some more urban elements beyond just cabins. I'd love to see a the trailer park, ethels caravan, obviously pinehurst and the barn and maybe even the sheriff's office and diner that are featured in part 5 as well! 

On 12/16/2017 at 5:55 AM, f13jb95 said:

Gratz for putting some effort into something that will be never even considered by the devs.

On 16.12.2017 at 5:50 AM, Moe9999633 said:

I always wanted an indoor map for this game I love the idea

On 16.12.2017 at 4:55 AM, f13jb95 said:

So here's a basic drawing of my map idea... Don't judge my drawing skills again :D

Town map.png

Thats not even an attempt on a map. Sorry, but nothing in this drawing makes any sense. You have to keep in mind, that all this needs to be surrounded by something because the devs will never release a map where you can see the sadness of a flat horizon that ends on a skybox. It kills the illusion. The thread is okay, though. I guess everyone was able to imagine a map with your ideas. Next time please no Paint. 

10 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

but your post came across as a little condescending and demanding.

More like dismissive. 

17 minutes ago, cwlunatic said:

Thats not even an attempt on a map. Sorry, but nothing in this drawing makes any sense. I guess everyone was able to imagine a map with your ideas. Next time please no Paint. 

Are you serious? Don't be a dick. 

I do like the town idea though. Hopefully in the future they'll start getting us out of the woods more.

26 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

More like dismissive. 

Are you serious? Don't be a dick. 

I do like the town idea though. Hopefully in the future they'll start getting us out of the woods more.

I was a bit cocky there, i have to admit. But I have to say that i joined this board to show my map idea as well and i've put some major effort and thoughts in it. I would be glad to see people do the same and put some more thoughts and effort in their ideas especially if it is an idea that has been talked about on this forum for some time now.

12 hours ago, JPops said:

@Moe9999633 please do not quote a wall of text. Please see quoting rules at the link provided below. 

Quoting Rules

Sorry :( 

14 hours ago, cwlunatic said:

Thats not even an attempt on a map. Sorry, but nothing in this drawing makes any sense. You have to keep in mind, that all this needs to be surrounded by something because the devs will never release a map where you can see the sadness of a flat horizon that ends on a skybox. It kills the illusion. The thread is okay, though. I guess everyone was able to imagine a map with your ideas. Next time please no Paint. 

It’s not but I was just telling my opinion 

ps sorry for double posting

It was just a suggestion. Something i drew up in like 2 minutes to express my idea. Don’t see why it has bothered someone so much... dont comment if you have a problem. Or even better make a better version using photoshop.

1 hour ago, f13jb95 said:

It was just a suggestion. Something i drew up in like 2 minutes to express my idea. Don’t see why it has bothered someone so much... dont comment if you have a problem. Or even better make a better version using photoshop.

At first I couldn't really understand your drawing, but now I see the vision. 

Just a simple little town surrounded by forest.

Would really love to see a Manhatten map. Just block off some streets and have players searching through diners and apartments and such. Could be nice and atomospheric too with misty back alleys and a real change from the endless woods. I'd even include th docks with a boardable boat. And yes, I like part VIII. ;)

in the future years down the road maybe we could see a major upgrade to the Friday the 13th the game to story mode campaign full game. when Gunmedia and Illfonic become a well off money making game company.

28 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

in the future years down the road maybe we could see a major upgrade to the Friday the 13th the game to story mode campaign full game. when Gunmedia and Illfonic become a well off money making game company.

Probably won't happen. They have enough problems on the line right now, the game will be quote "dead" by the end of summer 2018; i would think. But possibly...never know!?!