Why are these 3 so unpopular? The only time I see any of the three is with new players. I understand Kenny. Everyone values Composure, but not Jenny who has 10/10. The counselors I'm referring to are Kenny, Jenny, Eric.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Huh? Which 3? 

*queue Twilight Zone music

I wish I could understand your reference. 

3 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

I think it's a mix of their character likableness and playability...

Everyone values composure as the most important stat, even though the meta counselors have low composure. Jenny is based of Chris Higgins, who is one of the most liked characters in the series. Can't say the same for Eric and Kenny.

1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Everyone values composure as the most important stat, even though the meta counselors have low composure. Jenny is based of Chris Higgins, who is one of the most liked characters in the series. Can't say the same for Eric and Kenny.

Yeah in theory Jenny should be one of the most popular characters! It's hard to work out why she's isn't so popular. For me I just find her a bit dull to play as. I can't explain why haha.

29 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Why are these 3 so unpopular? The only time I see any of the three is with new players. I understand Kenny. Everyone values Composure, but not Jenny who has 10/10. The counselors I'm referring to are Kenny, Jenny, Eric.

I see lots of Kennys. Jenny and Eric, not so much.

Because being close to Jason doesn't mean much when you can simply run away or stun him constantly. Hence luck and speed factoring in even more.

If Fear mattered more in any way that kept people from getting away from Jason, like not even being able to jog away from him....they wouldn't be used as much. Speed would be negated by Fear.

You don't Fear him because you know his melee is bugged, his grab is way shorter...so you can get as close as you want and get away just as easily.

Still, I always random when I play counselor.

Part of it is that they're not as likable as the others. 

La Chappa is an ugly geek, and Jenny and Kenny are too plain. 

They're also not as easy to use. 

Most people prefer to play it safe with easy characters like Vanessa. 

LaChappa is a garbage character that looks like a reject from Hot Shots golf. :) 

I see Jennys and Kennys much more than LaChappa. Poor guy paid $10,000 to look and play like trash in a video game.

• Haha 2

I'm always playing as Jenny. And even before the patch that made Jason "broken", I was able to escape a lot with her. 

I have no issues playing as any of those three.

I think a lot more of randoms or basically anybody who doesn't default to Vanessa, Chad or Bugsy.

Whenever I see a lobby full of those 3, I just cringe. I know im in for noob city, troll city, pro/fail kill Jason attempts, etc.

I like variety in lobbies. I'm not saying don't play who you want to play. Just saying I like variety.

• Like 1

I don't know why, but it feels so damn rewarding when LaChappa is the only one who survives. ?

I wish there was an emote exclusive to him where he lift up his shirt and shows everybody his physics before leaving with the cops.

A LOT of the LGBT folks on the game play Kenny mains ever since the latex pink cop outfit launched. So he's gotten very popular since then as there is actually a fairly large LGBT playerbase on the game. A lot of them played Kenny mains once the swimsuit DLC came out too and he showed the most skin for a guy and was shown to be an otter. He got popular fast. But the latex pink cop outfit skyrocketed his popularity in the LGBT scene.

I know a few friends who main Jenny and Eric as well and I do see random Jenny's frequently enough but they certainly are in the minority. Those two and Mitch are likely the three least used Counselors overall but they do have their fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, f13jb95 said:

Yeah in theory Jenny should be one of the most popular characters! It's hard to work out why she's isn't so popular. For me I just find her a bit dull to play as. I can't explain why haha.

It all comes down to play style. Each counselor is different to satisfy everyone. For me, Jenny is my favorite because composure and luck are my two favorite stats. I don't have to worry about being detected by Jason early on in the match, and my stun ability and chance to break free from Jason is much higher than other counselors. I like to play the role of the protector and will track down those who are alone and need help.

I realize her strength is low (not that important) and her other stats are either average or slightly above average, but when your two favorite stats are 10/10 and 8/10, she's my main girl. Repair isn't a concern to me, and if I have to be the one to fix something, I can 6 times out of 10 do it without fail.

1 hour ago, ikarikh said:

A LOT of the LGBT folks on the game play Kenny mains ever since the latex pink cop outfit launched. So he's gotten very popular since then as there is actually a fairly large LGBT playerbase on the game. A lot of them played Kenny mains once the swimsuit DLC came out too and he showed the most skin for a guy and was shown to be an otter. He got popular fast. But the latex pink cop outfit skyrocketed his popularity in the LGBT scene.

I know a few friends who main Jenny and Eric as well and I do see random Jenny's frequently enough but they certainly are in the minority. Those two and Mitch are likely the three least used Counselors overall but they do have their fans.

Yeah, Kenny the gay icon!! As for Mitch, he's mediocre. I was going to add him as well. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

LaChappa is a garbage character that looks like a reject from Hot Shots golf. :) 

I see Jennys and Kennys much more than LaChappa. Poor guy paid $10,000 to look and play like trash in a video game.

IKR!! At least Kenny is a jack of all trades, master of none. Adam, pretty popular counselor, mix of all trades as well. Buggzy, living in Vanessa's shadow, but once he land 2 hits, mask on, mask off. Eric, aka slower Deborah, aka the toxic troll character.

Jenny is unpopular because she sucks. She's slow and her stamina isn't great either, so she's very vulnerable. The high luck doesn't make up for it because due to her slow speed she can't control the pace of chases and Jason can just approach her, bait her into attacking and then counter. She isn't very surivable and serves no group function that can't be served better by other characters.

Kenny is a jack of all trades and many people don't like that. People who do like that probably go for Adam instead, who functionally is just Kenny with worse weapon durability but more strength. Gives them a goal to work towards. I also just find Kenny bland in general, maybe others do too.

Lachappa is unpopular because he's the least agile character in the game and his main role, repairing, is done just as well by Deborah. Those who value weapon durability over stealth, speed and stamina may choose Lachappa, and he can be excellent in a group, better than Deborah, but for solo queue players Deborah is definitely a better choice, and she's better to look at too.

• Like 2

I see quite a few Jennys in lobbies (I main her myself), and a decent amount of Kenny's too. Lachappa is the only one I see less of, but even he is around sometimes.

43 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I main Jenny. Who make up this shit?

You must one of the 2 Jenny's I see once a week. 

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

Jenny is unpopular because she sucks. She's slow and her stamina isn't great either, so she's very vulnerable. The high luck doesn't make up for it because due to her slow speed she can't control the pace of chases and Jason can just approach her, bait her into attacking and then counter. She isn't very surivable and serves no group function that can't be served better by other characters.

Kenny is a jack of all trades and many people don't like that. People who do like that probably go for Adam instead, who functionally is just Kenny with worse weapon durability but more strength. Gives them a goal to work towards. I also just find Kenny bland in general, maybe others do too.

Lachappa is unpopular because he's the least agile character in the game and his main role, repairing, is done just as well by Deborah. Those who value weapon durability over stealth, speed and stamina may choose Lachappa, and he can be excellent in a group, better than Deborah, but for solo queue players Deborah is definitely a better choice, and she's better to look at too.

100% agree on the Jenny part. "Oh but she has the best composure!!" People value composure way to fucking much. It won't help you fight or defend yourself. Sure she has luck and decent stamina, but she's slow. Chad and Vanessa are better.