ShiftySamurai

Update Content & Holiday Events: 12/18/2017

Just now, f13jb95 said:

Yeah I only played as eric once tbh. I'm glad that shelly is here now to take on the nerdy guy role because his design looks better than Eric in my opinion anyway. I usually play vanessa for her speed because I can't stand playing slow characters. Would have liked Jenny to have played better personally. I'm hoping in the next set of new counsellors they add a final girl with a bit more strength/repair compared to Jenny. Who do you play?

Are you me? I can't stand playing slow characters either. I main Vanessa and just cannot bring myself to play as any other character lately. Tiffany I can deal with as well because of her speed. I actually find Vanessa's repair pretty easy too, so I think she's the best choice for me.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

Same! I feel like I don't have a favourite character anymore it's annoying haha.

AJ will always be my favorite, but I'm a little tired of her lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kitcat said:

AJ will always be my favorite, but I'm a little tired of her lol 

AJ is a pretty cool character. Vanessa is probs my favourite of the original bunch though. I know Vanessa is love or hate though haha.

• Like 1

Will Jason progress transfer from multiplayer, or will we have it all unlocked?

(IE, different Jasons/kills

I hope it's the ladder, as I don't yet have part 9 and 4 and I'd love to just play around with them immediately in my own playground

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I try my guess to not make guesses in situations like this. Everyone involved is working hard to get the update out on all platforms as soon as possible.

What's the reason behind Xbox having the update delayed? Is it Microsoft, is the update not finished for Xbox (etc)?

49 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

What's the reason behind Xbox having the update delayed? Is it Microsoft, is the update not finished for Xbox (etc)?

It's most likely Microsoft's fault. It's still stuck in the certification process. 

Then Gun/Illfonic should of made good on their promise for cross platform polarity for all future content updates, and not announce a release date for Ps4/PC until Xbox was ready as well. Just more nonsense that the Xbox users have to suffer through (you know, since Xbox still has the most active players, let's treat them like crap...) 

14 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's most likely Microsoft's fault. It's still stuck in the certification process. 

Did they confirm this? If Xbox has to wait I wish they would give us a reason why. All they really said in the matter of Xbox was "soon".

8 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

There's only 2 reasons why it's coming later. 

Xbox certs take longer or it failed to pass and they had to fix it and resubmit.

Well if they had to fix something wouldn't this technically be the games fault and not Microsoft? 

That's why I said it's "most likely" Microsoft's fault. 

I don't remember where I read it, but I believe the Xbox cert process is more difficult than PS4 and way worse than PC.  

And they probably work on all platforms at once so they wouldn't be able to compensate for that by sending it to Microsoft earlier. 

These are educated guesses BTW. That's all you can get when it comes to this end of game info.

27 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

There's only 2 reasons why it's coming later. 

Xbox certs take longer or it failed to pass and they had to fix it and resubmit.

Also, Xbox content I believe is loaded up on different days from the PlayStation. I think they add their updates on Tuesday if I'm not mistaken.

Awesome! Thank you for the update :) I love the idea of choosing exactly how many counselors to hunt down and the level of difficulty. 

An option to select the time limit would be nice...like, you could set it for 10 minutes for an extra intense round, or you could set it to unlimited for a more drawn out game. 

@ShiftySamurai Two questions burn in my head, especially after watching the Shelly video:

1. Is Shelly able to wear Jason's mask?

2. Is Jason able to now pick up his mask, wear it again, and probably have some health recovered which forces the counselors to smack it off him again?

I must say, number 2 is something I wish I would've thought of a while ago in Jason balance threads. Even more intesting is if anyone who picks up the mask automatically wears it, making it so Jason automatically knows who he has to murder before Tommy Jarvis plus the sweater girl arrive.

Oh... It is good news, but what about offline modes for counselors? We buy emotions and clothes for counselors... I would be like to use them in offline mode... I do not like to play for Jason =.=
P/S. That there was no further discussion on the regime of "Paranoia"... This is online mode.

Are there plans, how to add other scenarios of Jason's murder? The current way of using a mother sweater is a bit boring anymore. I am pleased that the update will appear before Christmas. 

I would like to see new "weapons" in the cabins. You're adding more murders to Jason, I understand, Jason is the first character in the game, but please do not forget about the counselor, why they can not defend against Jason by radio, lamp, chair and so on - I miss much more interactive items.

I’m confused about why sometimes the US gets the patch before the EU. I know there has to be a reason for that, does anybody know?

It sucked getting the previous patch, I believe, 4 or 5 days before anyone else and the Halloween DLC a day before Halloween. 

@ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben Will EU and US get the patch at the same time? Just a “Yes, “Nah” or “God knows” answer would make me happy. 

16 hours ago, Rycornog said:

Any idea?

@ShiftySamurai

I’d really like to know this too. Will the achievements for playing as Jason and for killing counsellors be progressed when playing with offline bots?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

Thank you devs! Awesome updates.  For you guys with Xbone, we understand that you had choices when purchasing a gaming console, evidently you chose the wrong one ;p

Hey, remember the time Xbox live got hacked and was down for a month? Oh, that was PSN? The same one that gets hacked every year, multiple times a year? Yeah, that's what I thought.

16 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Ok this is great news.  Can’t wait for offline and its awesome you can level up that way too.  Awesome.

You can???

20 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

You can???

Yes everything will be exactly like in the online mode. Shifty stated it in the update news.