ShiftySamurai

Update Content & Holiday Events: 12/18/2017

8 hours ago, cwlunatic said:

Ask the "make a wish foundation", maybe? 

I did, they said I need to be much younger and have cancer. 

I was telling them that I am very immature for my age and a heavy smoker, but the line got disconnected. 

So guys, we got some time left on Sunday. Worst case, can we get it at midnight? Don't pull that middle of the afternoon shit. By then, me and Jesus will be up in the clouds taking a nap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I did, they said I need to be much younger and have cancer. 

I was telling them that I am very immature for my age and a heavy smoker, but the line got disconnected.

Bastards, they don't help when someone REALLY needs them. 

Will Xbox's Holiday event be extended? I'm not sure if we need the patch or not for the Holiday event, but if we do you all should definitely extend the end date for us Xbox players. 

Last time there was double xp before Xbox got the latest patch, double xp still counted. I expect that to be the same this time as well. Just sux to lost out on possible double xp bonus against offline bots. Pretty sure there will be a mess of that happening on ps4 and pc starting tomorrow. 

Make it right Gun, cross platform polarity! 

I hope it's out at midnight, too...I've got work tomorrow and I'd love to play as soon as possible. This update has been a long time coming! 

A part 7 kill pack was just released on Xbox?!?! Whats going on...no video, just the name of the kills!

To be able to earn XP and CP when playing Offline Mode will you need Playstation Plus since you have to be connected to the server?

Monday is my birthday, thank you Gun Media and Illfonic I truly love the game and huge fan of Friday the 13th........ Thank you so much 

Just now, Phillip said:

Monday is my birthday, thank you Gun Media and Illfonic I truly love the game and huge fan of Friday the 13th........ Thank you so much 

Happy early birthday! :)

New DLC for Jason. Hopefully there will be one for counselors as well.

Btw, they never mentioned a kill pack as one of the surpriseS, so maybe we can expect more surprises tomorrow!

54 minutes ago, Wurd77 said:

To be able to earn XP and CP when playing Offline Mode will you need Playstation Plus since you have to be connected to the server?

What's Playstation Plus?

Isn't it free to play on Playstation online?

EDIT: It looks like you might need Plus

https://kotaku.com/what-you-can-do-without-a-paid-playstation-plus-account-1455089775

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

What's Playstation Plus?

Isn't it free to play on Playstation online?

EDIT: It looks like you might need Plus

https://kotaku.com/what-you-can-do-without-a-paid-playstation-plus-account-1455089775

Thanks.  I hope you don't need a PS+ subscription.  If you do, then that will suck.  Because those that just want to play the game offline will be limited to what they have access to (since you need to be on the server to be able to get XP and CP to unlock stuff).  

2 minutes ago, Wurd77 said:

Thanks.  I hope you don't need a PS+ subscription.  If you do, then that will suck.  Because those that just want to play the game offline will be limited to what they have access to.

Oh, but you will be able to at least play Offline Bots without the internet. You just won't be able to earn XP or CP. 

Isn't that right @ShiftySamurai?

14 minutes ago, Wurd77 said:

Thanks.  I hope you don't need a PS+ subscription.  If you do, then that will suck.  Because those that just want to play the game offline will be limited to what they have access to (since you need to be on the server to be able to get XP and CP to unlock stuff).  

In order to play online with the PS4, you will need a PS4+ subscription, otherwise it's strictly offline.

That being said, you do get a free trial for a number of days, and when you buy the subscription you get free games monthly on top of reduced prices when you buy digitally. The free games alone will eventually give you more than your money's worth of the subscription, and you get to see some cool indie games from time to time.

My recommendation is to buy the year pass. It's more efficient cost-wise than buying three-month passes four times a year.

Edit: As for offline bots, dunno about that. But Sony refused to use an "online-only" style of gameplay to make sure games could be played when there was no online available. Microsoft got dangerous close to forcing "online-only" for the Xbox One, which was pretty much thee reason why I chose to stay with Sony.

Edited by Trident77

3 minutes ago, CoyT92 said:

This wait is killing me, man...

The wait for delay.

25 minutes ago, Gooby said:

The wait for delay.

The question is, if they release it at 12pm everytime. This is my first patch wave so i never witnessed it. When did the other updates go online?