I've seen a few players go 8 for 8, a couple players I game with use him. And they use him well, they say it's all about setup.

I don't think anyone said it was impossible to go 8/8 as Part 7 but that it was much harder than doing it as others. I don't think Play with Jason is a good example either as he never uploads anything that isn't 8/8 and I don't doubt he doesn't leave if he isn't Jason either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I've seen a few players go 8 for 8, a couple players I game with use him. And they use him well, they say it's all about setup.

I play as 7 jason  and I barely try and I still get 8/8.

That's all fine and dandy. But noticing the lack of the stereo, screwdriver etc etc, this was before the October patch. J7 was one of the more difficult Jasons to play, but you could still wipe a room with him. I also don't see any "force" grabs happening here. But I also don't see him whiffing through their heads. The grab was normal, like it was before they nerfed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I don't think anyone said it was impossible to go 8/8 as Part 7 but that it was much harder than doing it as others. I don't think Play with Jason is a good example either as he never uploads anything that isn't 8/8 and I don't doubt he doesn't leave if he isn't Jason either.

No it was someone on the forum who bashed on Part 7 Jason and he wanted me to show evidence.

@Jason Todd Voorhees

Skip to 4:33 in this video:

4 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

That's all fine and dandy. But noticing the lack of the stereo, screwdriver etc etc, this was before the October patch. J7 was one of the more difficult Jasons to play, but you could still wipe a room with him. I also don't see any "force" grabs happening here. But I also don't see him whiffing through their heads. The grab was normal, like it was before they nerfed it.

Good eye. I haven't watched the video in the OP but if that's the case, it debunks nothing.

Previous to Jason being nerfed, I know I got at least one 7/7 or 8/8 as Part 7. It was a chore but possible.

6 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

The grab at 7 minutes is a force grab.

45 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

You saying its fake or what?

Someone will surely say it doesn't count because you didn't do it against 7 Vanessas or Chads, etc.

Thank god too. If I saw every lobby play the same character, I'd probably stop playing. This game was never meant to be a tiered, forced competitive game no matter how hard some in the player base would love to say otherwise. I remember the detailed breakdowns by a certain member of the playerbase, then he moved onto other games or just took the advice the devs gave, when they admitted the game was never going to be that way as is...we don't see him much anymore. I know I haven't seen him in months.

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

People become overdramatic and say stuff like this all the time. That's the biggest problem with this forum.

• Like 1

That video was from a long time ago, before Jason was nerfed.  He is breaking windows with regular swings and has a "force grab" at the seven-minute mark.

Part 7 is definitely the weakest Jason.  I've gotten 7/7 with him before, even since the nerfing; but that was at least partially luck.

This video is totally irrelevant to current conversations due to the time in which it was taken.

Without even watching the video, I can tell you that it entirely depends on both the lobby you're playing against and your skill as Jason. But even the best Jason against a good lobby is going to have a difficult time with Part 7 due to worst strengths + worst weaknesses and there's absolutely no reason to choose him over any other Jason (other than looks). Whichever playstyle you use for J7, there's always a better Jason to pick for it.

Gun have even finally accepted and admitted themselves that J7 does have problems (took them long enough).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

there's absolutely no reason to choose him over any other Jason

Three words...Ma. Che. Te. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Three words...Ma. Che. Te. :lol:

Yeah it's a real shame the worst Jason has the most iconic weapon. I've suggested in the past that by giving him +Weapon Strength instead of +Grip Strength would definitely make him more viable, as machete already has fast weapon speed and if paired with bonus damage it would make him more of a threat. Not to mention it would make him the only undead Jason available to everyone (Savini doesn't count) to actually have that stat.

Then just replace -Shift with -Stun Resist for example and he's already fixed to a meaningful degree. With a set of stats that no other Jason has.

Play With Jason's videos are a mix of the current game and the old version, but mostly, his new releases were recorded before the patch. 

No matter how good or bad you are, you can get 8/8 or 2/8 with any Jason, depending on the circumstances. 

I love using Part 7. I enjoy suffering through his weaknesses, unlike 2 & 4.

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

No matter how good or bad you are, you can get 8/8 or 2/8 with any Jason, depending on the circumstances. 

Can you give some examples of these circumstances? Skill always plays a part, on both the Jason and the counselor side. Inexperienced Jason against a high level lobby is most likely getting 0/8 or killed, even if counselors didn't attempt any objectives. The better the lobby, the more Jason selection also plays a part, because you need to mitigate Jason's weaknesses as much as possible.

It's a generalized statement.

People fuck up, the game glitches, noob Jasons gets lucky. It doesn't happen on a regular basis, but it does happen.

It was a response to the guy showing 1 match as proof.   

It’s all about objective management with Part 7. Keep track of sightings and noice pings to predict where the counselors are going and never leave the cars unattended until the majority are dead. Don’t forget to check on the phone, though. Don’t give in to tunnelling. The cars really are a priority as shift- makes them a chore if they get started

16 minutes ago, D00las said:

It’s all about objective management with Part 7. Keep track of sightings and noice pings to predict where the counselors are going and never leave the cars unattended until the majority are dead. Don’t forget to check on the phone, though. Don’t give in to tunnelling. The cars really are a priority as shift- makes them a chore if they get started

Good advice. Pre-patch I would dump all 3 traps at the phone to block it and then patrol the cars (mainly 4-seater) as I know I'd have a hard time stopping them due to -Shift (60% slower + longer cooldown). Now you can only place 2 working traps at the phone so I place the remaining 1 at the 4-seater battery, then periodically check all objectives and discourage the team from each one (ideally through killing).

Having said that, J7 has no strengths in defending objectives or pressuring counselors, no +Weapon Strength, no +Destruction and not even base Shift like his counterparts. He's got +Grip Strength which is meaningless. Nothing to make up for -Traps and -Shift. I will never know why they decided to cripple him like that. The door breaking bug in the previous version of the game gave him a semi-Destruction stat which helped a little bit, but that too is now gone.

8 hours ago, Jawbone said:

and I don't doubt he doesn't leave if he isn't Jason either.

He's level 101 and i've seen him play as a counselor in CALIBERs channel so I doubt it.

I did a quick steam search and there are dozens of "Jason Voorhees" named players.  You really have no idea it was the YouTube Voorhees or just some random player.

I've played a few matches against a "Jason Voorhees" who would leave the lobby if he wasn't Jason, and I've played with other ones who didn't.