Recently I've noticed that in least 1/10 matches I play in there is someone who starts the car, honks to get other counselors to come near, and then runs everybody over. This genuinely frustrates me and I think there should be a greater penalty for killing someone with the car. It ruins the fun of the game and causes players to leave matches, even sometimes the host! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, justice4all said:

Recently I've noticed that in least 1/10 matches I play in there is someone who starts the car, honks to get other counselors to come near, and then runs everybody over. This genuinely frustrates me and I think there should be a greater penalty for killing someone with the car. It ruins the fun of the game and causes players to leave matches, even sometimes the host! 

Happens to us all, thing is if they increase the penalty then the trolls will dive in front of the car to screw the driver outta xp. Miserable pseudo humans with nothing better to do with their "lives".

I don't condone troll behavior, but I have to say some of the most fun I've had with this game is frustrating the sh*t out of those guys. When I realize someone is running everyone over I'll purposely bait them into coming after me, and troll the hell out of them the rest of the round, or until they give up and either leave or move on to the next person. I have a recording of one guy who literally sounded like he was losing his mind because he couldn't get me. IMO, that dance pack is worth it's weight in gold when used against the buttwipes. Trolls don't like being trolled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I love evading a psycho motorist, and get them to run into something instead of me. Then I have to ask who taught them how to drive. B)

6 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

There are also a lot of dumb panicking people who cut in front of the car...

That's true. Probably thinking they can jump onto the car bonnet for a ride. I would stand by the side of the road, looking a lift, and yeah.. quite a few times they'd prefer to turn me into roadkill than pick me up.

Wasn't there a post from a Dev a while ago saying they planned on the driver getting extra XP for picking up additional passengers? That would lessen the hit runs I think.

This is a non issue in my opinion. Theres no way to make everyone behave completely without damaging whats "fair" further.

Last night my friends and I repaired the four seater, but no one had the keys so we spread out to look for them. A rando who had been at the car with us waited till we were gone, got in, and turned his mic on to laugh at us as he drove out by himself.

The gag is, we ended up killing Jason and surviving anyways, and in the next round ran him over with the car. So issa no from me. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, justice4all said:

Recently I've noticed that in least 1/10 matches I play in there is someone who starts the car, honks to get other counselors to come near, and then runs everybody over.

So what happens for the other 9 matches? I betcha the host quits in ''quit play". :lol:

I'm guessing team killing with cars will be patched right after the counselor shadow bugs.

It's coming soon. They've got plans I tell ya.

I don't trust cars. I go for the police if I can.

5 hours ago, justice4all said:

You play on Steam? That car trolling shit happens there all the time.

1 hour ago, B0bZomb1e said:

This is a non issue in my opinion. Theres no way to make everyone behave completely without damaging whats "fair" further.

Running down is certainly preferable to the old way where someone could just stand in front of the car making it impossible to pass, that's for sure. In some cases they could even lock you in place making it impossible to move. Damned if you do damned if you don't sort of situation.

Just ran into a car troll the other day. He didn't run anybody over yet, but I became suspicious as soon as he took off without letting me inside the passenger seat. Once he started going forward and reversing repeatedly, that was pretty much my cue to haul my ass in a cabin as quickly as I can. Then he kept honking the horn and swarming around the cabin like a shark in the ocean, while I'm waiting for the cops. I got to admit, that was probably the most terrifying experience I've had in this game, lmao.

I don't think I've ever been more scared of a counselor than Jason. I'm digging this early access of Paranoia. B)

• Like 1

Maybe that's what Paranoia is... one counselor starts in a car and the objective is to run everybody over.

But sometimes people run in front of the car thinking "oh, surely they're gonna stop when I run in front right?". I was driving a full car once, and this AJ comes running, I say in the mic "it's full it's full, sorry". And they just proceed to run right in the middle of the road (with fences on both sides) and I couldn't avoid running over her. In the moment I go "oh my god, I'm so sorry" but thinking about it, it was definitely her fault. I got -123 xp that round. I think the -1000 XP penalty for killing someone is enough.

5 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

Running down is certainly preferable to the old way where someone could just stand in front of the car making it impossible to pass, that's for sure. In some cases they could even lock you in place making it impossible to move. Damned if you do damned if you don't sort of situation.

Ah yeah...that was a great ol blunder that half of us called the same day the patch and its notes were released. 

I do not remember it fondly.

man... i guess i've been lucky. in my experience 9/10 death-by-cars are due to panicked drivers or idiots running out in front of it trying to get them to stop. 

unfortunately, the only real solution would be to eliminate dying if you're hit and that's stupid. 

I sometimes run people over but it's for a reason. Ether they are being complete asses or the car is full and the counselor is in the middle of the road. Also maybe if Jason is on my ass and the counselor is in the middle of the road.

Sometime's it's really appropriate to roadkill people...

A few nights ago I was in a QP match trying to repair the 4 seater as Vanessa, because as far as the radio chatter and objectives list showed nobody else was doing anything but speed looting. I do the gas, find the keys, and screw up a battery check...Jason shows up, and after a bit of juking inside Higgins I get grabbed when waiting a bit too long to dive out a window. 

Spawn as Tommy, run straight to the car, get it running, and drive all the way over to Blair's cove where the three remaining counselors were. After threading through the woods around a fence, I come upon three people fighting Jason, who's seemingly not exactly trying to kill them...one gets a stun on him and I start honking, saying let's go. Nobody moves towards the car.

As Jason gets up and grabs/chokes out one of the three, another one says "fuck off, you can honk all you want we're just fighting with our friend this match." And apparently I'm supposed to wait while that goes on?  Nope. The two remaining counselors are just to one side of Jason and in front of the car, so I floor it...BOOM!  TRAITOR -1000 XP...TRAITOR -1000 XP

Jason goes apeshit, I jump out, blast him with the shotty, and grab a bat and an extra knife off the pile of goodies under the bodies. Spend the next 10+ minutes looping a cabin, a big rock, the car, and another cabin while Jason gets progressively saltier. Finally he finishes me off more than a minute after the 2 minute warning.  Good times ;)

The last time that happened to me I was the host and I kept checking the menu and seeing "Betrayed." The person driving the car actually ran every single counselor over and I ran over in time to see him run over the last couple.  I guess I could've tried to make him chase me, but this is one of those exceptions where I think it's ok to quit as the host.  I've seen this happens so many times.  Why do these people do this when one of them is NOT the host?  9/10 times when I've seen this happen and one of them is not the host, the host quits.  

21 hours ago, justice4all said:

This happened to me last night.  At first I was like WTF. But i did have satisfaction knowing they would get crap for XP. So I took it with a grain of salt, No worries.  I'll be back! The next session I grabbed the fuse and only set of keys, Swam  out into the lake and Jason killed me, Perfect