ns7979

Which perks to sell? Which to keep?

I need CP! Trying to get a few more epic perks like heavy hitter, homebody, low profile, man at arms, and swift attacker. 

I mainly play Adam/Chad (fighter), AJ (stealth/repair), or Vanessa (runner). 

Help me pick what perks to keep, and which to sell! Thanks! 

These are what I have currently: 

Untitled.png

I don't have any advice for you, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I have been thinking about taking on a perks purge, myself, depending on what the next update needs in regards to CP

AJ is my regular. Lately I've been using Marathon / Restful / Thick Skinned with her. She's a stealthy lurker that is great at repairing objectives. Thick Skinned gives her the ability to tank traps without going into critical and tolerate wack ass slasher Jasons. The Marathon / Restful combo increases her chances at running away if Jason pops up after tanking a trap.

Well hopefully they will overhaul perks so not all of them are completely useless. Thick skin/medic should be instant locks on all characters since they always have a use. Stam perks or a fighting perk should be in the third slot maybe my dad's a cop if you always go for the phone. Pretty much every other perk besides those few are useless and even they may be nerfed soon enough.

Heavy mover, sleeping bag, sneaky and tinkerer are pretty useles, you could sell those for sure. Heavy hitter is about to get nerfed so maybe that one too. Otherwise, the rest have a use depending on your play style so it's up to you if you wanna part with tthem.

13 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Heavy hitter is about to get nerfed

I was just about to say the same thing. Getting an epic Heavy Hitter took by far the longest (for me) and when I finally got it I didn't think it stunned Jason much longer than usual. Reducing it even further will make it just about useless IMO and not worth taking up a spot. I'll probably replace it with the epic My Dad's a Cop and turn my attention back to the fuse box.

19 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I was just about to say the same thing. Getting an epic Heavy Hitter took by far the longest (for me) and when I finally got it I didn't think it stunned Jason much longer than usual. Reducing it even further will make it just about useless IMO and not worth taking up a spot. I'll probably replace it with the epic My Dad's a Cop and turn my attention back to the fuse box.

I have an epic dad's a cop, just Can't bring myself to use it. Calling is really never a given. I'd go with sucker punch, and Medic for sure. Then it's a toss up between restful, thick skin or swift attacker. You got some badass perks there fella! Lol

8 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I have an epic dad's a cop, just Can't bring myself to use it. Calling is really never a given. I'd go with sucker punch, and Medic for sure. Then it's a toss up between restful, thick skin or swift attacker. You got some badass perks there fella! Lol

Yea, it's kind of a crap-shoot with the Cop perk. A lot of times I've fixed the phone box and someone beat me to making the call. I may give Sucker Punch a try, but I have to have Marathon equipped because I usually use Adam, who gets gassed after about 50 yards without it. Poor guy wouldn't score a touchdown on a defenseless field.

• Haha 1

You do have some real good perks there! The ones I would personally scrap: Sneaky (+Window speed), Heavy Sleeper (+Tent sense avoid) and Firecracker. 
That's just me though. I've never found a use for any of those. As @Redrum138 said, perhaps also Heavy Hitter because of the upcoming nerf to it. 

The rest I'd keep. Sucker Punch, Marathon, Thick Skinned, Medic and especially My Dad's A Cop (totally situational).

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Uncommon Thick Skin, sell. I don't really use it anymore because Medic and Vanessa can take care of all of Jason's traps. Epic Thick Skin is decent. Wish I had that epic lightfoot though.

I would agree, but only if the stumble chance is bad on that uncommon. Thick skin is good to have but I hate stumbling, lol. Epic thick skin used to be awesome, not so much anymore... I have an epic Lightfoot on my AJ, makes her move like a ghost.

15 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Heavy mover, sleeping bag, sneaky and tinkerer are pretty useles, you could sell those for sure. Heavy hitter is about to get nerfed so maybe that one too. Otherwise, the rest have a use depending on your play style so it's up to you if you wanna part with tthem.

Thanks for the advice. I agree with heavy mover and tinkerer, but Heavy Sleeper has 24% sense avoidance and 0% fear penalty so I was kind of on the fence about that one. I almost like it better than the rare Home Body that only has 16% sense avoidance so I'm not sure which is better to run with for my AJ stealth build.  

Does anyone know if the 24% sense avoidance on heavy sleeper only works in tents? Or is it everywhere? 

26 minutes ago, ns7979 said:

Thanks for the advice. I agree with heavy mover and tinkerer, but Heavy Sleeper has 24% sense avoidance and 0% fear penalty so I was kind of on the fence about that one. I almost like it better than the rare Home Body that only has 16% sense avoidance so I'm not sure which is better to run with for my AJ stealth build.  

Heavy sleeper only works when hiding in a tent, unfortunately... That is as really good one though, maybe after the new patch comes out you can have more use for it? Example: AJ makes her way to a camp at the edge of the map to loot, hide in the tent to regen stamina then move on. You could change strategy a bit and help out by doing camp looting for your team. Then go after any repair items marked on the map, that could be a good use for Heavy sleeper.

32 minutes ago, ns7979 said:

Does anyone know if the 24% sense avoidance on heavy sleeper only works in tents? Or is it everywhere? 

It does, unfortunately. The perks I see for sense avoiding I would use are definitely Level headed (That's the one with the silhouette of the face I think) That one is always in effect. The one where the character is crouching is good too as the bonus works when you crouch down. Homebody works well with that one, crouching in the house to avoid Jason is a sound tactic I and many others have frustrated many Jasons, lol. Put those three on AJ if you plan on running cabins for your repair parts. Lightfoot makes her SPRINT silently, she already jogs with no sound at normal fear levels so put that on if you wanna run silently as well. And I love that epic Night owl and Lone wolf you got for her as well so you have a VERY good selection of situational perks to choose from. Night owl works wonders on keeping Tiffany from stumbling so much. And Lone wolf, Heavy sleeper, and Lightfoot would be awesome on AJ for camp looting after the new patch. That's really just a way to justify heavy sleeper as you don't show up in hiding spots till rage is active, so the effects of heavy sleeper don't actually kick in till then. But, that's when you need it anyway so I'm saying it could be useful. If it were MY AJ with your perks. Medic, Lightfoot, Night owl. Even when he gets rage, with AJ's 7 composure. Night owl's 60% to fear in darkness will keep fear to a minimum. With Lightfoot you'll make hardly any, if no sound at all. So, you will be a ghost jogging or running all game long. And medic helps alot, AJ has terrible luck. Crash through a window? God forbid you step in a trap! Lol, we have very similar perks and that's what my AJ rolls with. Good luck!

I mainly use Deborah, and my perks are always set to Gas Monkey, Medic, and My Dad's a Cop. I think selling the Preparedness Perk would be the way to go. Maps are pretty easy to find especially on Packanack. 

6 minutes ago, justice4all said:

I mainly use Deborah, and my perks are always set to Gas Monkey, Medic, and My Dad's a Cop. I think selling the Preparedness Perk would be the way to go. Maps are pretty easy to find especially on Packanack. 

DO NOT sell Preparedness. If anything sell that Lone Wolf perk. Lone Wolf is essentially Preparedness without the benefit of spawning with a map. At max Epic they both have 10% Fear Resistance.

Anyone know at which level Thick Skinned makes it so you don't limp after eating a trap? Does it have to be epic?

14 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Anyone know at which level Thick Skinned makes it so you don't limp after eating a trap? Does it have to be epic?

I've heard that depends on luck too. I have a rare, and on AJ I limp. Chad can just prance away happily.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

It does, unfortunately. The perks I see for sense avoiding I would use are definitely Level headed (That's the one with the silhouette of the face I think) That one is always in effect. The one where the character is crouching is good too as the bonus works when you crouch down. Homebody works well with that one, crouching in the house to avoid Jason is a sound tactic I and many others have frustrated many Jasons, lol. Put those three on AJ if you plan on running cabins for your repair parts. Lightfoot makes her SPRINT silently, she already jogs with no sound at normal fear levels so put that on if you wanna run silently as well. And I love that epic Night owl and Lone wolf you got for her as well so you have a VERY good selection of situational perks to choose from. Night owl works wonders on keeping Tiffany from stumbling so much. And Lone wolf, Heavy sleeper, and Lightfoot would be awesome on AJ for camp looting after the new patch. That's really just a way to justify heavy sleeper as you don't show up in hiding spots till rage is active, so the effects of heavy sleeper don't actually kick in till then. But, that's when you need it anyway so I'm saying it could be useful. If it were MY AJ with your perks. Medic, Lightfoot, Night owl. Even when he gets rage, with AJ's 7 composure. Night owl's 60% to fear in darkness will keep fear to a minimum. With Lightfoot you'll make hardly any, if no sound at all. So, you will be a ghost jogging or running all game long. And medic helps alot, AJ has terrible luck. Crash through a window? God forbid you step in a trap! Lol, we have very similar perks and that's what my AJ rolls with. Good luck!

Have you tried Level Headed + Medic + Lightfoot for eating traps then running off aways and hiding for a minute until Jason leaves? Seems like it could be fun. 

40 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I've heard that depends on luck too. I have a rare, and on AJ I limp. Chad can just prance away happily.

Luck doesn't affect traps anymore. I think it was the Oct. 11 patch that changed this, not sure, but there was a patch that made it so traps did the same amount of damage regardless of the luck stat.

every sense avoidance perk is useless due to sense spamming

tbh anything other than thick skin,medic, hypo,swift,sucker and marathon is a waste of a perk slot for the most effective gameplay

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

every sense avoidance perk is useless due to sense spamming

tbh anything other than thick skin,medic, hypo,swift,sucker and marathon is a waste of a perk slot for the most effective gameplay

I tend to agree with your point about Sense Avoidance perks, kind of nullified by Jasons that know how to spam Sense. 

What about Man at Arms for low luck fighters? 

Lightfoot for stealthy chars? 

1 minute ago, ns7979 said:

I tend to agree with your point about Sense Avoidance perks, kind of nullified by Jasons that know how to spam Sense. 

What about Man at Arms for low luck fighters? 

i think man at arms is only effective on high luck players.. like aj wouldn't even get an extra bat hit I think because of percentages 

stealth is pretty useless to begin with...sense spam on objectives is more effective than chasing noise pings

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Mine is rare and I can eat a trap with it fine. I've never rolled an epic for that perk, but the rare has always worked just fine.

4 minutes ago, ns7979 said:

You can run Lightfoot on high Stealth characters. It can allow the likes of Jenny and A.J. to sprint silently. Just remember Stealth is only really a useful stat in the early game (first 5-8) minutes or so (most Stealth characters are fixers or parts delivery). You want to push your advantage early and fast before it becomes pointless with Stealthy characters. You will get diminishing returns on it as Jason's Sense range expands and Fear levels begin to climb. After Rage, it is largely meaningless. The only thing that can hide you at that point is Sense avoidance perks...and Sense spam will put a damper on those as well unless your are very lucky versus Jason's detection RNG. Just my two cents.