[IllFonic]Courier

The Implementation of the ‘Repair Part Icons’

24 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

The best thing to do is not get too personally invested in the game as we have no control over it and if it gets to the point where you can't stand to play it

I agree, but what does that have to do with anything?

2 hours ago, dmack621 said:

If you were helpless and "guaranteed" failure before the October patch, man you must suck at this game and TRULY needed shit handed to you.

I said "at launch." Right before the October patch things were "ok." Needed work but it was decent. And I'm not talking about just the game balance, the plethora of launch bugs and the rise of trolls made the situation a guaranteed win for Jason. A good majority of games would leave counselors screwed over because of bugs and trolls and, shall we say "questionable" killer attributes, it was a guaranteed win scenario for Jason in many cases. When the magical unicorn of a match happened where no horrendous bugs occurred and there were no trolls, the launch balance was imperfect but playable after learning everything. It's the presence of those other factors that made the game horrendous for anyone not in a full lobby of friends.

And I did say the balance is currently screwed up. Don't take my disagreement with your opinion of pre-October game state to mean that I like the game balance as it is now. You seem to tend to automatically assume that if someone disagrees with you on your opinion of the game balance, then that MUST mean that they only want the exact OPPOSITE of the game balance you like. If they don't like ultra-difficult games, they must like ultra-easy games like Wii Sports. That's not the case. See the gray areas.

If you want a difficult experience, that's fine, challenge is rewarding. However, you MUST consider that most people don't want to play games that are ridiculously difficult. I enjoy difficult games, but when the difficulty comes from a combination of bugs, poor balance choices, and other people that make it their mission to ruin your time, that is not a rewarding experience.

Additionally, please check the bad attitude towards people that don't share your opinion on the state of the game.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jawbone said:

. Maybe we need the devs of this game to step in and do something similar so people won't see a 3/8 or a 4/8 as a loss. The tedium or chore like problem people perceive is here to stay because more and more people understand what does and doesn't work now.

What Dead By Daylight does to score its killers has no place here.

the issues that most people have with  Jason gameplay are not about viewing 3/8 or 4/8 as a loss it’s about quality of life gameplay issues if these stats are the best a Jason player can get because counselors out played with skill that would be one thing.

( this however is not the case glitches and bugs in the mechanics in game are also a factor here, Jason players have to battle against whilst doing there thing.)

but you continually argue “that these mechanics were all there in the beginning what’s the problem with them now?” Yet you never acknowledge that the gradual nerfs to Jason’s gameplay (windows, block counter strike, trap stacking, stun times/ duration, stun chance and grab) have not changed the way the game has been played for the past 4 months these nerfs, I call them counselor buffs have reshaped the game into the game it is today Jason no longer a threat 7 vs 1 

A perfectly balanced game will never work 7 vs 1....the 1 must be over powered. The balance can’t be equal other wise you would be playing counselors vs counselor...

no threat no point to play.

And for you to post that the Fans came up incredibly short of what the developers wanted is asinine, I backed this game nearly 3 years ago when all they were asking for was 700,000 to get this amazing idea of a game made, anything else would go to stretch goals to make the game even better then they and us ever hoped it could be, none of the stretch goals were a guarantee and were not ever promised to be included and then things changed more funds were found/ made to make the game even bigger than originally planned and it is because of the fans that we even are on this message board discussing it, saying we came up short and this is what we get for the money we put in is just a very narrow minded opinion of the situation at hand. The mechanics of the game should work properly stretched goals made or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I agree, but what does that have to do with anything?

Just don't expect everything to go the way you want it too. I don't agree with a few of the upcoming changes but they aren't going to make me quit.

9 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

What Dead By Daylight does to score its killers has no place here.

the issues that most people have with  Jason gameplay are not about viewing 3/8 or 4/8 as a loss it’s about quality of life gameplay issues if these stats are the best a Jason player can get because counselors out played with skill that would be one thing.

( this however is not the case glitches and bugs in the mechanics in game are also a factor here, Jason players have to battle against whilst doing there thing.)

but you continually argue “that these mechanics were all there in the beginning what’s the problem with them now?” Yet you never acknowledge that the gradual nerfs to Jason’s gameplay (windows, block counter strike, trap stacking, stun times/ duration, stun chance and grab) have not changed the way the game has been played for the past 4 months these nerfs, I call them counselor buffs have reshaped the game into the game it is today Jason no longer a threat 7 vs 1 

A perfectly balanced game will never work 7 vs 1....the 1 must be over powered. The balance can’t be equal other wise you would be playing counselors vs counselor...

no threat no point to play.

And for you to post that the Fans came up incredibly short of what the developers wanted is asinine, I backed this game nearly 3 years ago when all they were asking for was 700,000 to get this amazing idea of a game made, anything else would go to stretch goals to make the game even better then they and us ever hoped it could be, none of the stretch goals were a guarantee and were not ever promised to be included and then things changed more funds were found/ made to make the game even bigger than originally planned and it is because of the fans that we even are on this message board discussing it, saying we came up short and this is what we get for the money we put in is just a very narrow minded opinion of the situation at hand. The mechanics of the game should work properly stretched goals made or not.

No the devs definitely need to step in and add a minimum score for a victory or a loss, that way we can get past the asinine requests some people make as a baseline will be established.

I'm not surprised you listed glitches or bug fixes as nerfs to Jason because lets be real here, you want him to be an 8/8 machine for the LCD. I'm also not surprised that you would incorrectly list a buff he got as a nerf somehow either. If I were to list the amount of glitches or bug fixes for counselors and call them nerfs the list would be much larger.

See you are confusing overall game balance vs individual character balance.

Across two funding platforms there was about 30,196 backers raising about $1,246,570.20 which averages out to about $41.28 per person if we ignore the obvious big spenders. So that equals out to more or less the physical game cost. The game has sold about 1.8 million copies now and even if I do lets say half the total at the digital cost US 900,000x30=$27,000,000. The average joe more than funded all the free content the game is receiving. Its great that you got a barebones game barely funded but all free future content was paid for by "non-fans" and you should be grateful for that since you are the ones who will benefit the most from it.

13 hours ago, matisangry said:

@[IllFonic]Courier- has there been any thought put in to changing the icon system up a bit? say using a generic icon (like a gear) instead of a specific item icon? and/or having the icon show up in the general vicinity of the item? 

this seems like a decent compromise. by using a generic icon, you're forcing players to weigh the pros and cons of traveling to a location, often across the map, to find the item they may or may not be looking for... and by having the icon appear in the general vicinity instead of the exact location, you're creating a bit more risk and "danger" by forcing players search a little which leaves them vulnerable.  

I like that. I think those are excellent suggestions!

I hadn't thought of a random icon. I really dig that. I was thinking maybe a delay on the icons appearing on the map - possibly not showing icons until 10-12 minutes have passed in a match... but I really like your ideas there.

I'd much rather have the ocassional frustration of not finding parts, than have the map magically reveal where they are, so easily and obviously.

This game seemed to be forged out of the ideas of making you feel immersed in the deadly realm of Friday the 13th, and I think the icons take away from that, a little too much.

5 hours ago, Nomadder said:

I hadn't thought of a random icon. I really dig that. I was thinking maybe a delay on the icons appearing on the map - possibly not showing icons until 10-12 minutes have passed in a match... but I really like your ideas there.

I'd much rather have the ocassional frustration of not finding parts, than have the map magically reveal where they are, so easily and obviously.

This game seemed to be forged out of the ideas of making you feel immersed in the deadly realm of Friday the 13th, and I think the icons take away from that, a little too much.

i main as a counselor and i dislike the icons. it's made things way too easy and, regardless of what anyone says, HAS discouraged communication... at least in my experience (level 98 playing since launch.) 

i get that the item makers are meant to combat griefers, but i still don't like it. the phone can't be repaired because some dummy (either intentionally or unintentionally) gets killed in a remote destination? tough. that kinda stuff happens in horror movies all the time. hell... characters making stupid decisions is almost necessary. if characters didn't do dumb shit, most horror movies would be ten minutes long. 

if @[IllFonic]Courier @wes @GunMedia_Ben and crew think it's something that needs to stay and there's an ok-sized portion of their player base that don't like it, why not come up with a compromise? don't remove it, but change it up enough so you're not spoon-feeding people? maybe? 

the other thing i forgot to mention - parts should have to be moved a certain distance from their original spot before showing up on the map. right now, if you find the gas, you can just pick it up and immediately drop it and it'll show up. the lame do-nothings exploit it constantly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i main as a counselor and i dislike the icons. it's made things way too easy and, regardless of what anyone says, HAS discouraged communication... at least in my experience (level 98 playing since launch.) 

i get that the item makers are meant to combat griefers, but i still don't like it. the phone can't be repaired because some dummy (either intentionally or unintentionally) gets killed in a remote destination? tough. that kinda stuff happens in horror movies all the time. hell... characters making stupid decisions is almost necessary. if characters didn't do dumb shit, most horror movies would be ten minutes long. 

if @[IllFonic]Courier @wes @GunMedia_Ben and crew think it's something that needs to stay and there's a ok-sized portion of their player base that don't like it, why not come up with a compromise? don't remove it, but change it up enough so you're not spoon-feeding people? maybe? 

the other thing i forgot to mention - parts should have to be moved a certain distance from their original spot before showing up on the map. right now, if you find the gas, you can just pick it up and immediately drop it and it'll show up. the lame do-nothings exploit it constantly. 

Couldn't say it more perfectly! I would agree not to move it, but repair it...make it have a different use.

13 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Just don't expect everything to go the way you want it too. I don't agree with a few of the upcoming changes but they aren't going to make me quit.

No the devs definitely need to step in and add a minimum score for a victory or a loss, that way we can get past the asinine requests some people make as a baseline will be established.

I'm not surprised you listed glitches or bug fixes as nerfs to Jason because lets be real here, you want him to be an 8/8 machine for the LCD. I'm also not surprised that you would incorrectly list a buff he got as a nerf somehow either. If I were to list the amount of glitches or bug fixes for counselors and call them nerfs the list would be much larger.

See you are confusing overall game balance vs individual character balance.

Across two funding platforms there was about 30,196 backers raising about $1,246,570.20 which averages out to about $41.28 per person if we ignore the obvious big spenders. So that equals out to more or less the physical game cost. The game has sold about 1.8 million copies now and even if I do lets say half the total at the digital cost US 900,000x30=$27,000,000. The average joe more than funded all the free content the game is receiving. Its great that you got a barebones game barely funded but all free future content was paid for by "non-fans" and you should be grateful for that since you are the ones who will benefit the most from it.

Take your time reading peoples posts before responding.

Nowhere in my posts do I say I want 8/8 against counselors.

nowhere in my post did I say glitches and bugs were nerfs.

I said the glitches and bugs are the most problematic for Jason gameplay.( add in the current nerfs and now Jason gameplay is quite a bit more stressful.)

The nerfs were: Windows, block counter strike, stun times/ duration, stun chance, trap stacking and grab all counselor buffs.

With out the original backers there are no non fans funding the content of the game. So the “fans didn’t come up short”

you talk yourself in circles...  it’s like a dog chasing its own tail. You continue to post and redirect Misinformation while never acknowledging when you are clearly wrong.

I for one am quite grateful we have this game, I do still enjoy playing it. It could always be better and I have high hopes that it will.

But what I am most grateful for is the ignore option on this message board to deal with non fans such as yourself.

enjoy the only counselor option in the next patch it seem right up your alley.

36 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Take your time reading peoples posts before responding.

Nowhere in my posts do I say I want 8/8 against counselors.

nowhere in my post did I say glitches and bugs were nerfs.

I said the glitches and bugs are the most problematic for Jason gameplay.( add in the current nerfs and now Jason gameplay is quite a bit more stressful.)

The nerfs were: Windows, block counter strike, stun times/ duration, stun chance, trap stacking and grab all counselor buffs.

With out the original backers there are no non fans funding the content of the game. So the “fans didn’t come up short”

you talk yourself in circles...  it’s like a dog chasing its own tail. You continue to post and redirect Misinformation while never acknowledging when you are clearly wrong.

I for one am quite grateful we have this game, I do still enjoy playing it. It could always be better and I have high hopes that it will.

But what I am most grateful for is the ignore option on this message board to deal with non fans such as yourself.

enjoy the only counselor option in the next patch it seem right up your alley.

Bugs

Jason Buff

Counselor Buff

Adjustment

15 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

A perfectly balanced game will never work 7 vs 1....the 1 must be over powered.

That sounds like you want  8/8 handed to you since you can't understand the concept of overall game balance vs individual balance.

34 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If fans didn't come up short then tell me with a straight face you would call what we had at launch a content rich game compared to the unmet goals.

43 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

In the future I hope you won't be as ignorant as you were while flaunting it as something to be proud of. Have a nice life.

On 12/15/2017 at 2:19 AM, Nomadder said:

This idea is great and instead of a certain time that all counselors can see the icon, how about basing it of a certain skill i.e. "luck" or "repair".....counselors with higher levels see the icons soonest and their "radar" is closest to the actual item....ones with poorer skill ratings, take longer to see icon and the icon is a broader radius than "stronger" counselors with that specific skill set.....

1 minute ago, TestedTwice said:

@[IllFonic]Courier, @GunMedia_Ben, @wes

Too difficult for you guys to implement a toggle for these stupid part icons, or do you guys just enjoy not giving the people that have been with your broken game since the beginning NO FUCKING OPTIONS?

Whoa - I think someone just threw a drunken tirade in a gaming forum.....take a breath & chill out, bro....yikes!!!

18 minutes ago, MTrent7211 said:

Whoa - I think someone just threw a drunken tirade in a gaming forum.....take a breath & chill out, bro....yikes!!!

Nope. Just tired of Jason Voorhees being a punching bag in a game about JASON VOORHEES. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

The topic for the next dev “balance” post will be about the recent removal of “trap stacking”

Can we skip that and go straight to the latest patch? Now people that claimed it was still easy for them as Jason, after the previous patch, are having too much trouble.

We can get back to trap stacking when it's more relevant again.