cwlunatic

Your Friday the 13th LD, VHS, DVD, BLU-RAY Collection

I'am kind of a collector and just bought myself two of eight special-limited editions of Friday the 13th. This is when  i wondered which kind or if at all collection you guys have? 

I owned all parts from 1 to 10, FvsJ and the Remake on DVD but i sold them because i'am a blu ray bitch and wanted to get the best quality possible. That is why i just own parts 3,4,8 and the remake, also i know that my family has part 6 and 7 ready for christmas :P

This is how the editions i collect look like.20171213_2040201pqq5.jpg

It is a mediabook with a 28 pages booklet. 3 Discs. A lot of Extras. I love it. 

51gDGNA7AzL.jpg

I have the Ultimate Edition DVD collection of the first eight, which if I recall correctly, was the first collected option on DVD in the U.S.. The remaining New Line and Platinum Dunes movies I have on individual DVDs. I own His Name Was Jason on DVD, but have not yet purchased Crystal Lake Memories. I have One through Goes to Hell on VHS. The only one of those I own with original box art is Part 1, and it's only a retail copy. I would love to say I owned original rental copies. I'm weird like that.

2 hours ago, JasonWhorehees said:

F13 on DVD... BluRay...?

No way... for me it has to be VHS.

VHS makes these movies look how their supposed to look like, old and creepy and 80's.

Unfortunately VHS deteriorates. I don't mind some feedback, but when I can't get the picture to hold still with all of the might of my tracking button, I need other options.

Edit: That said, I still maintain a 1,000+ title VHS collection.

6 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

51gDGNA7AzL.jpg

I have the Ultimate Edition DVD collection of the first eight, which if I recall correctly, was the first collected option on DVD in the U.S.. The remaining New Line and Platinum Dunes movies I have on individual DVDs. I own His Name Was Jason on DVD, but have not yet purchased Crystal Lake Memories. I have One through Goes to Hell on VHS. The only one of those I own with original box art is Part 1, and it's only a retail copy. I would love to say I owned original rental copies. I'm weird like that.

Think thats the box set i have had to buy part 9 and x separately even thought they aint that good i like to have the whole collection

I only have 1-4 on DVD, plus Freddy vs. Jason.

While I love all the films, I find 1-4 to be canon so that is all I feel that I need.

I grabbed Freddy vs. Jason cheap, so I couldn't pass that up.

I've seen the films so many times that if I ever want to watch them, all I have to do is close my eyes.  B)

I have 1-4 on DVD. I have another Dvd of part 3 that isn't 3-d. I have part 5 and 6 on blu-ray. Then I have all Friday the 13th films on my Xbox library. I will grab the 1-8 blu-ray collection with the awful cover (especially since it's the same cover as the cheap DVD set) when it releases.

All I have is the four pack of Parts 1 through 4 on DVD + the digital copies on Vudu, and the digital copy of the game. I know, I'm boring. I''m eventually going to get all of the movies (don't worry, I've seen em all about three times a piece) for collection sake and I want to save up and get a Part V replica mask and the NECA remake mask. Sometime very soon I'm going to get a t-shirt, probably one that says "Camp Crystal Lake counselor" on it. 

There are movies on vinyl records too. They are called CEDs. I Have part 2.

I also have the NES game complete in box with instructions.

DVD was the format of choice when I got in to collecting movies seriously, so I have the whole series on DVD individually.

The only two I've upgraded to Blu-ray are 1 and 2 ... I'd consider getting a boxset of the others if it was cheap enough and available in the UK, but not too worried ... probably just skip to 4k or 8k in the years to come if it happens, but I rather suspect blu-ray will be the last physical format that sees a release of most films

I'd loved to have all the originals in big-box VHS format just because they'd be a cool collectors item ... and I agree with #JasonWhorehees, watching them on original VHS with all the grain and flicker would be a fun experience.

I have the first four on two dvd sets. The one with Parts 3-4 comes with special 3D glasses for Part 3. It’s the only way to watch the movie imo. I also have His Name Was Jason.

I plan on getting the blu ray collection of at least the first eight films plus Jason X.

5a4bd3bf25c10_F13bookssmall.jpg.da8a101a23e0d0ee5b0806d7b40512be.jpg

Got the Bluray set of all the movies,plus a DVD double feature disc that has Friday 1&2 on one disc.However,this is my Friday book collection.Don't have all of the new ones,but got alot of the old ones,plus I was lucky enough to get ahold of the Freddy VS Jason novel,had a hard time finding that one.

I have the Special Editions for the Friday films on DVD with the exception of Freddy vs Jason and the remake. I got them for a good price at FYE at the time.

I have the 1-8 Ultimate Collection on DVD plus 1, 9, X and FvJ on DVD. Interested in the new Blu Ray tin collection but only if the movies are uncut or the features are new and worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I have the 1-8 Ultimate Collection on DVD plus 1, 9, X and FvJ on DVD. Interested in the new Blu Ray tin collection but only if the movies are uncut or the features are new and worthwhile.

i got the bluray tin,but the only uncuts in it are Friday 1 and Remake.I was disappointed that Jason Goes To Hell was only the R rated version,but i have a nice dvd 3 pack called New Line Jason Slasher Collection that has Hell presented as having both the unrated and R versions on it,plus it has the R versions of Jason X and Freddy VS Jason,so i keep that set around for the option to watch the unrated version of Hell.

5 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I as well have the 1-8 Ultimate Collection on DVD. I bought Jason X off Google Play Store just to watch it :D 

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, JF13 said:

5a4bd3bf25c10_F13bookssmall.jpg.da8a101a23e0d0ee5b0806d7b40512be.jpg

Got the Bluray set of all the movies,plus a DVD double feature disc that has Friday 1&2 on one disc.However,this is my Friday book collection.Don't have all of the new ones,but got alot of the old ones,plus I was lucky enough to get ahold of the Freddy VS Jason novel,had a hard time finding that one.

That's an awesome collection!  Do the books read well to?

I have Freddy vs. Jason and F13 2009 on DVD. But I have the whole collection in .mkv 1080p digital format.

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That's the set I have. I gave all my DVD copies (except for the unrated Jason Goes to Hell since it's not included in that set) but I kind of regret not having the separate cover art for each film.

4 minutes ago, Roy's #1 Fan said:

That's the set I have. I gave all my DVD copies (except for the unrated Jason Goes to Hell since it's not included in that set) but I kind of regret not having the separate cover art for each film.

Lucky. You probably bought it when it came out and was affordable. I can't find one now for a decent price.

13 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Lucky. You probably bought it when it came out and was affordable. I can't find one now for a decent price.

I bought the $8 Part 1-8 at WalMart :sadchappa: All i needed was to see the movies :D 

Just now, TiffanyCox said:

I bought the $8 Part 1-8 at WalMart :sadchappa: All i needed was to see the movies :D 

I was tempted to -- but I detest buying an incomplete set for $8 when a COMPLETE set exists. But it's so frustrating that the 1-8 collection costs $8, but the one with 9, 10, FvJ, and the reboot added is HUNDREDS of dollars?? Just doesn't make sense.

10 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I was tempted to -- but I detest buying an incomplete set for $8 when a COMPLETE set exists. But it's so frustrating that the 1-8 collection costs $8, but the one with 9, 10, FvJ, and the reboot added is HUNDREDS of dollars?? Just doesn't make sense.

That set is quite old now ... I wouldn't be surprised if another full set comes out soon, especially as there hasn't been a Blu-ray boxset of all the films available outside of the States.  I'm sure there's a Friday the 13th anniversary date coming up they'll take advantage of.