8 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey all, we're going to do this a little differently and show you the upcoming patch notes a bit before launch. This is not all-inclusive, as we have quite a bit of content coming with the next patch as well, and we don't want to spoil the surprise in patch notes. After release we will update this post to be all inclusive. 

Thank you

8 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Fixed a bug that prevented Jason's traps from properly triggering when a Counselor is entering a repaired vehicle 

Yes! Much appreciated! Sack head Jason gives his warmest crooked smile, and mother is pleased!

• Like 1

The patch sounds great! 
And that you give us a glimpse of the patch note before it comes out is great as well. 

A lot of people are upset because of the bugs and glitches the game has now. I get that. But what i think that they don´t understand is, that only because this patch does not address these problems, it doesn´t mean, that they are not working on it at this moment. To change the hit detection and find a balanced way for Jason to grab is not an easy task. Even when Gun/Ill are happy with the results, they still have to show them to this community and there will always be a bunch of people criticising. Counsellor too weak, Jason too weak, nerved here, buffed there. 

I´am really excited to see the additional content and i´am sure you are working hard on the most important things that this community wants - it just takes time. In the end the only thing that i´d really want is to have a completely functional Jason Part VII, but thanks for getting rid of one of his disadvantages with this patch.

@ShiftySamurai

FWIW: Another vote for adjusting Jason's grab radius and fixing his melee attacks. I don't want Jason turned back into Dhalsim from Street Fighter in being able to grab counselors from across the room, but can we get maybe a half inch radius to equal two in-game feet?

2 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

It's not cheesing. It makes sense that you would lift your legs and naturally step over any small obstacle if you were entering a car. If I see a big pile of dog shit (or suspicious looking leaves) in front of my car door i'm sure as hell not going to step in it, I would just step over it and enter the vehicle.

Your body-blocking example holds no weight in this discussion considering that the counselor would install the battery/gas/fuse in mid-air, literally defying physics and breaking the game.

Magical mid-air installation makes no sense. Stepping over a trap to enter a car does.

It's fine to have an opinion but some opinions are simply wrong, those that wanted this in from day one as you say are wrong. You are asking for the traps to just vacuum your leg into it if you step over it.

Placing a trap by a car door is poor Jason play but i've seen hundreds of people step in them anyway. It made sense in-game and irl. Door traps were fine just the way they were, there are plenty of other areas to place your traps.

This change is going to be brutal in QP btw, you will see triple trapped 4 doors in every match that doesn't have a -trap Jason. One extra may not seem like much but having played hundreds of hours with the mindless masses I can guarantee that this is overkill.

So....by following your logic, is it safe to assume you believe all traps should be removed? 

I mean, a bear trap is what? A foot an a half radius? Easily stepped over by any average built adult.

So since they're right beside the car door an you step over 2 feet to hop in your car you definitely wld never set off that trap that you technically cant see/dont know is there.

You know what? Your right, some peoples opinions are just wrong ;)

Well,they warned us already that this patch wouldn't address most of the big,new complaints...

Can't really complain,just hope these content surprises are worth it.

10 hours ago, Sagremort said:

Where are the dedicated servers for consoles that were supposed to come late september mid-october? The last update about the matter was mid-august nothing since then.

Dedicated servers are like the FF7 promise. They said it was coming and then dont talk about it anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

Dedicated servers are like the FF7 promise. They said it was coming and then dont talk about it anymore. 

Been waiting years for that game to come out

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

It's so easy for any half decent Jason to stop the cops from being called at all...People want the cops to bail after 1:30?

If you played against good Jason players on a regular basis, you'd see why that's a terrible idea. You spend a bunch of the round waiting for a good chance to call the cops, then they leave if you don't get there fast enough? Doesn't make sense.

Again though, I agree with swapping Sense and Stalk. I don't like the idea of "passive" Stalk though. It defeats the purpose of it being an ability. If that's how people want it, just get rid of chase music all together...

No it's not it puts them in a fear where if they don't get there asses down there on time they now must "work" towards repairing a car or ride the time out or kill jason "Work" not give trolls a free ride to tea bag when they hear the sirens! I myself as a counselor want this idea not just on Jason's side! 1:30 - 2:30 tops! 

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Hoping those "surprises" include a new game mode because multiplayer is garbage. I can't see myself playing multiplayer again until they address the balance issues.

Totally agree, I can't believe people are excited for lame updates like ''extra shadow affects on fox'' or ''we added one more med spray in a drawer'' wow ... absolute game changers!

I can't wait .... Oh the gameplay is exactly the same, same game mode, same bugs where jason can attack after blocking, the game still crashes to this day ... but I'll tell you what I really need and that is to reduce the music to part 9 jason ... that changes the game completely for me, I'm going to be really excited to play now I can't wait!. Forget the game mode or other important matters, what I am actually excited for is to hide a battery that I am carrying while I call in tommy! I've been waiting for that one and my dreams have come true.  Actually I did notice a few trees were missing some leaves ... maybe ... just maybe we could add 2 more leaves on the trees in the next patch!! Holy hell that would be crazy just think of that idea, I would play this game all year round if that happened.

I got some more ideas like possibly adding an extra pillow in the beds! or maybe placing a random rock somewhere I think that will add a big boost to the player base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, DevsThatMakeEALookGood said:

Wow never seen this before! Shitty ass devs taking way too long to shit out another update for their piece of shit game where they claim to "fix bugs" , while actually doing nothing .Giving players a "sneak peek" because they know how fucking ridiculous it is that the last update was fucking October. No wonder this shit game currently has 500 players in game. Keep shitting out those "updates" every 3 months. What can you expect from literally devs so fucking stupid they don't even allow key remapping in their game. What year is it again? Almost 2018? Just Checking. If that alone doesn't show how lazy and incompetent these devs are then what people say are true. Guess the only people left playing this are "fanboys". All 500 of them....how many backers did this game have again?ROFL . Even they know when to jump ship.

Thank you for your donation ;)

Nothing interesting for me at all.

1) Did you fix an issue  with a sweater when you can't use it? Q button doesn't work.

2) Did you fix an issue when Tommy Jarvis can't press E button while Jason is standing on his knees. E button stucked in the air.

3) Did you fix a bug when Jason is "in tank", when even two hits with a baseball bit doesn't push him on his knees?

THATS the main thing i wanted to know.

8 minutes ago, token said:

Nothing interesting for me at all.

1) Did you fix an issue which a sweater when you can't use it? Q button doesn't work.

2) Did you fix an issue when Tommy Jarvis can't press E button while Jason is standing on his knees. E button stucked in the air.

3) Did you fix a bug when Jason is "in tank", when even two hits with a baseball bit doesn't push him on his knees?

THATS the main thing i wanted to know.

If it's not in the patch notes,it wasn't fixed.

:mellow:

6 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

If it's not in the patch notes,it wasn't fixed.

:mellow:

If not, that's a massive spit on our faces, absolutely disgusting. A lot of comments from experienced players and you did nothing? Hope i'm wrong.

11 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Small fixes here. Nothing addressing the major issues with the game

Exactly, just minor fix.
I'm not coming back, honestly until this game is totally unbalanced and the major issue are solved i see no reason to play

1 hour ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Was this an attempt at being witty and snarky at the same time? Cuz all you did was come across as childish...

To each their own.

I get it, you as well as myself an others are unhappy about the lack of addressing the major issues. Its obvious the dev team is struggling to make our whims reality, but to assume the entire team would halt progress on the entire game to work on these few things is ignorant. A small portion on the team is likely working on the jason issues, whilst the rest pumps out progress on everything else. 

This update is for the everything else while, i feel confident enough to claim, they continue to try an work out the rest without causing more damage to the game.

Its a long road we travel, either give up an go home or tuck in an be patient. We've fuckin waited this long whats another month? Its yule anyway, go ready your spirit for family company an faux pagan traditions.

Yeah, what's another month of waiting .....  I don't know .... maybe a new game purchase and another player base loss for this game

2 minutes ago, GarageNation said:

Yeah, what's another month of waiting .....  I don't know .... maybe a new game purchase and another player base loss for this game

Thats nothing new, actually its bin the trend since the game launched. An yet hear we are, we leave an play other games. We spot a interesting release or patch an we come back for a week or two, then we leave again for the new and better.

But we come back, because we want to be everyones favorite 7ft undead killing machine an play in his world. 

Ive left am came back easily 6 or 7 times. If you stay an bash your head against the wall youll get fed up an quit forever. Just take a break dude, come back when you see the next patch, if it doesnt fix what you want, stay away, if it does or atleast stabs at it, come on back an try a few rounds. It works for me, an i still play other games. 

I'm glad there's a bit of news on the next patch. i really appreciate @ShiftySamurai's presence on the boards and his willingness to interact and actually respond to forum members, even when they're straight up being dicks. 

i'm really glad counselor preference was fixed and, yeah, there are other changes i think are solid, but for me, this patch doesnt address enough (any?) of the issues that caused me to stop playing the game in the first place. 

I'm afraid that if this patch doesn't address at least some of this stuff, most of the players that left are going to be gone for good. i don't see people returning in significant numbers months after they've given up. 

for me, dedicated servers/host migration has become almost a deal breaker. I'm sick of wasting what little time i have getting the boot mid-match over and over and over and over and over again. 

6 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

It's not cheesing. It makes sense that you would lift your legs and naturally step over any small obstacle if you were entering a car. If I see a big pile of dog shit (or suspicious looking leaves) in front of my car door i'm sure as hell not going to step in it, I would just step over it and enter the vehicle.

Your body-blocking example holds no weight in this discussion considering that the counselor would install the battery/gas/fuse in mid-air, literally defying physics and breaking the game.

Magical mid-air installation makes no sense. Stepping over a trap to enter a car does.

It's fine to have an opinion but some opinions are simply wrong, those that wanted this in from day one as you say are wrong. You are asking for the traps to just vacuum your leg into it if you step over it.

Placing a trap by a car door is poor Jason play but i've seen hundreds of people step in them anyway. It made sense in-game and irl. Door traps were fine just the way they were, there are plenty of other areas to place your traps.

This change is going to be brutal in QP btw, you will see triple trapped 4 doors in every match that doesn't have a -trap Jason. One extra may not seem like much but having played hundreds of hours with the mindless masses I can guarantee that this is overkill.

Defies the laws of physics? You’re right, installing parts in mid air does break the order of physical law; however, the argument remains the same and holds relevance to the aspect of trapping doors. You’re rebuke that any typical person (in reality) would step over an obstacle is also true.

Yet what game are you playing? Have you ever actually watched the animation where the counselor clearly doesn’t step over anything. The character simply glides and stands through the animation to enter the vehicle. If a trap is directly in front of the door players can just interact with the “enter vehicle” prompt and stand directly in or on top of the trap without injury. Sorry but you’re explanation for realistic management of the situation doesn’t coincide with what is actually happening in game. I could go so far as to say the entrances to the camp site are clearly open without blockage but yet you cannot simply walk out of the campsite like any normal would do in this scenario. Likewise, if the police were to actually arrive they certainly wouldn’t sit at the main entrance when someone is actively pursuing civilians in order to murder them. 

As for trapping Jason’s, which btw there is just one (Part 2) that’s a total waste of traps. It would only take one trap to be disarmed at the drivers door whereby the counselor with the keys could get in and move the car fornothers to get in. 

It is what it is just because players could cheese over traps at the vehicle doors this entire time and you dislike this change well I’m sorry you’re not all for it. This doesn’t change the fact that many of us did ask for this and it was a needed addition for quite some time. 

Disappointed that they still haven't fixed those windows back yet.

And without that and some adjustments to Jason's swing and grab it sounds like my problems with Jason being unpowered are here to stay.

As long as Jason is still a choir to play as and a joke to fight this game loses all its appeal to me. Guess I'm not coming back to this game anytime soon...I wonder if it will even have a playerbase left when I do.

I wonder if they'll bother with any breakdowns on how to play PARANOIA?

Assuming its coming with this patch along with offline bots.

I bet all we get is some flashy trailer with some actual gameplay footage, but no further detail.

Fixing bugs and addressing major glitches isn't like waving a magic wand, kids. Especially with a small team that's constantly divided between 1.) Giving us the content we asked for in a timely manner, 2.) Fixing the issues they're currently working on, 3.) Fixing new issues, 4.) Bringing dedicated servers online,  4.) Keeping us updated on everything. 

You're expecting unicorns if you think that all your issues can be solved in a matter of days or weeks. I understand that instant gratification is taken for granted by most gamers, but the whining has long since reached levels beyond brattiness. At this point, it really doesn't matter how much you think your little donation entitles you to; you do not own the developers. You did not buy them. They are not your property. Stop talking as if they are. 

If we're being honest, I think most of you are dramatically overexaggerating the issues you're having, or more specifically, how often you're experiencing them. Sure, I get connection drops, the boat sometimes gets stuck at the dock on the Jarvis map, and Jason will occasionally lock up, but these are not nearly as frequent of an occurrence as some of you would like everyone else to think. I play dozens of matches a day, and the biggest issue is the host leaving when he gets killed. 

Either way, these issues take time to fix, and unfortunately, you do not get to set the timetable on how long it's going to take. Sure, you might not like waiting, but if you can't show some adult-like patience and wait for them to fix what they need to, then you never really believed in this game in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1