1 minute ago, R.J MacReady said:

Lol, call it what you want, I always saved people when my vehicle was fixed as opposed to some jackass taking the car/boat that me and my friends repairs and either leaving with it by themselves or destroying it. So I guess the solution now is to let everyone know where the parts are so it's easier for the actual trolls to do that.

Your mentality of either you get out or no one gets out is no better.

That's what the walkie-talkies are(were, now they're worthless) for, so you can let people know where you left stuff if you're on the verge of death (which I did)

Demonize me all you want, a lot of people I played with did that.

Also, this game started off as every man for himself, as back then the devs encouraged that, hell Chad's whole damn character trait is THAT. At some point they started backing away from that and started trying to simulate teamwork.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, i-cold said:

No performance PC adjustments, again...:angry:

Yeah, optimization on PC is sorely needed. I more than meet specs and my FPS varies wildly during matches. Sometimes because of rain, sometimes because of who the hell knows what.

1 minute ago, R.J MacReady said:

That's what the walkie-talkies are(were, now they're worthless) for, so you can let people know where you left stuff if you're on the verge of death (which I did)

Demonize me all you want, a lot of people I played with did that.

Also, this game started off as every man for himself, as back then the devs encouraged that, hell Chad's whole damn character trait is THAT. At some point they started backing away from that and started trying to simulate teamwork.

You are demonizing yourself by your own words. I'm not the one complaining I can't hide key items until the objective is near complete so that you guarantee a spot for yourself.

16 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Morph to a power box at start? Stupid, stupid thing to do. Good way to have the cops called in the first 5 mins.

Yeah just forget all that about the one nearest the phonebox. That 1/3 chance is not worth the 10 seconds to walk the distance.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Demonize me all you want...

I'm sure not doing that. You're right on just about everything you're saying.

BTW, I'm a massive Thing fan, dude. Even one of my cats is named R.J.  :)

4 hours ago, Jawbone said:

So we have nothing but essentially more counselor nerfs and Jason buffs this patch. Not even the most Jason sided map in the game got touched except for making it more horrible for counselors.

Gee, I guess you'd like a golden chariot to come and usher all the counselors to the exit in the next update, huh? Like shit isn't easy enough already?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RageKage said:

Any news on Key Bindings for PC? Have only been able to play about 30 hours since launch because i am left handed. 

I do love these devs. But man, I've been asking about this every couple of months since launch.

4 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

You are demonizing yourself by your own words. I'm not the one complaining I can't hide key items until the objective is near complete so that you guarantee a spot for yourself.

Yeah just forget all that about the one nearest the phonebox. That 1/3 chance is not worth the 10 seconds to walk the distance.

No, you're right, I shoulda worked hard to put the battery and gas in the car only to have some guy with the keys steal it for himself or him and his friends. It's wrong to try to get a spot for myself, such bad strategy. I don't have to worry about that anymore tho as it no longer takes strategy to win in "Participation Award the 13th"

2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

TI'm sure not doing that. You're right on just about everything you're saying.

BTW, I'm a massive Thing fan, dude. Even one of my cats is named R.J.  :)

Hell yeah man, my all time favorite horror movie, badass name for your cat as well. :)

1 hour ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Why change something as pointless as stepping over traps to get in the car? Do you not lift your legs to get into your own car? This is close to as stupid of a change as the window prompt.

Should have added something useful like a gas cap indicator so Jason can tell if it has been filled already.

Some good fixes overall but it still scares me that Gun/Ill are going to keep making willy nilly changes which are blatantly stupid and nobody wants or even asked for.

Imo new content can fuck off completely until you fix the stuff that is game breaking. It may be time to start reallocating your resources to get this shit done.

Ex. Hit detection for everybody, non-interaction for everybody, sweater doing nothing, rain causing up to 80% fps drop, random fatal errors, voice chat not working in parties,  counselor cameras getting locked in one direction, flying counselors, 100% achievement issue, invincible counselors & windows, Jason Combat stance, screwy trap placement distances, J6 and Savini weapons getting stuck every other hit, grab cone increase, invisible counselors, Jason randomly teleporting to another area of the map when he performs a grab kill etc etc..

I could go on but I know it will fall on deaf ears.. Err.. Eyes..

How is cheesing over a set trap a pointless addition to the game? Many of us asked for this to be implemented since day one. If you place a trap and a counselor steps on it or over it i.e. traverses across the killbox than said counselor should get snagged. It’s as simple as that. 

Was the implementation of correcting the exploit of body blocking to install parts a pointless update as well? Granted there are many more issues with the game in its current state that this patch does not address (to our knowledge thus far) which require attention but at least some of the issues are being fixed. Medic perk for instance which is abused. May not be in every game but I’ve seen it happen enough as Jason. 

1 hour ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Why change something as pointless as stepping over traps to get in the car? Do you not lift your legs to get into your own car? This is close to as stupid of a change as the window prompt.

Should have added something useful like a gas cap indicator so Jason can tell if it has been filled already.

Some good fixes overall but it still scares me that Gun/Ill are going to keep making willy nilly changes which are blatantly stupid and nobody wants or even asked for.

Imo new content can fuck off completely until you fix the stuff that is game breaking. It may be time to start reallocating your resources to get this shit done.

Ex. Hit detection for everybody, non-interaction for everybody, sweater doing nothing, rain causing up to 80% fps drop, random fatal errors, voice chat not working in parties,  counselor cameras getting locked in one direction, flying counselors, 100% achievement issue, invincible counselors & windows, Jason Combat stance, screwy trap placement distances, J6 and Savini weapons getting stuck every other hit, grab cone increase, invisible counselors, Jason randomly teleporting to another area of the map when he performs a grab kill etc etc..

I could go on but I know it will fall on deaf ears.. Err.. Eyes..

How is cheesing over a set trap a pointless addition to the game? Many of us asked for this to be implemented since day one. If you place a trap and a counselor steps on it or over it i.e. traverses across the killbox than said counselor should get snagged. It’s as simple as that. 

Was the implementation of correcting the exploit of body blocking to install parts a pointless update as well? Granted there are many more issues with the game in its current state that this patch does not address (to our knowledge thus far) which require attention but at least some of the issues are being fixed. Medic perk for instance which is abused. May not be in every game but I’ve seen it happen enough as Jason. 

2 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

No, you're right, I shoulda worked hard to put the battery and gas in the car only to have some guy with the keys steal it for himself or him and his friends. It's wrong to try to get a spot for myself, such bad strategy. I don't have to worry about that anymore tho as it no longer takes strategy to win in "Participation Award the 13th"

The classic you do everything mentality. I'm sure you found and fixed everything with Jason breathing down your neck the entire time right? Of course you didn't because someone else was doing their job and keeping him off you. I'm sure with that mentality you stay when someone else does everything by themself right?

3 hours ago, sugoiboi said:

" Increased the minimum distance that the fuse can spawn from the phone box "

i'm a bit confused by the wording of this one, what does this mean exactly?

I think it means that the actual fuse will spawn farther from the fuse box, instead of sometimes being in the same cabin (or the cabin beside it). 

A big thank you ShiftySamurai for giving us the heads up on the patch notes. 

"The classic you do everything mentality. I'm sure you found and fixed everything with Jason breathing down your neck the entire time right?"

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends really.

"Of course you didn't because someone else was doing their job and keeping him off you"

What is this nonsense about counselors having a "job?" The only "job" a counselor should have is survive by any means necessary. If someone is getting chased by Jason while I'm doing ANYTHING, not just fixing a vehicle/phone. That just means they're unfortunate, they're not actually doing s**t for me except buying me time and it's not like they're doing it voluntarily. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

they're not actually doing s**t for me except buying me time

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

giphy.gif

And now we've come to posting stupid gifs and videos as you're wont to do, that tells me we're done here.

• Like 2

Just now, R.J MacReady said:

And now we've come to posting stupid gifs and videos as you're wont to do, that tells me we're done here.

What are you even trying to say here?

1 hour ago, MyNameisJason said:

It's not cheesing. It makes sense that you would lift your legs and naturally step over any small obstacle if you were entering a car. If I see a big pile of dog shit (or suspicious looking leaves) in front of my car door i'm sure as hell not going to step in it, I would just step over it and enter the vehicle.

Your body-blocking example holds no weight in this discussion considering that the counselor would install the battery/gas/fuse in mid-air, literally defying physics and breaking the game.

Magical mid-air installation makes no sense. Stepping over a trap to enter a car does.

It's fine to have an opinion but some opinions are simply wrong, those that wanted this in from day one as you say are wrong. You are asking for the traps to just vacuum your leg into it if you step over it.

Placing a trap by a car door is poor Jason play but i've seen hundreds of people step in them anyway. It made sense in-game and irl. Door traps were fine just the way they were, there are plenty of other areas to place your traps.

This change is going to be brutal in QP btw, you will see triple trapped 4 doors in every match that doesn't have a -trap Jason. One extra may not seem like much but having played hundreds of hours with the mindless masses I can guarantee that this is overkill.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MOI POVELITEL / YouTube said:

Will ban those players who play together with Jason a party?

I have so many records of players which play a party with Jason and prevent to play another.

you have these rules, but I don't see their performance.   21.08.2017

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2579854400752466921/

Tell me please ShiftySamurai

Your are obossan? hahaha

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Hoping those "surprises" include a new game mode because multiplayer is garbage. I can't see myself playing multiplayer again until they address the balance issues.

I've been giving it the benefit of the doubt recently, but it's still garbage.

The problem with the patch initially was that it ruined Jason. By making him too weak, counselors ran over him, and resorted to trolling to entertain themselves because there was no challenge or fear, and therefore fun, left in the game anymore.

6 weeks on, we have a different problem. A large proportion of pre-patch counselors have simply given up on the game, meaning now it's just full of low levels who only know this patch, and their ability to deal with Jason has only really evolved under these conditions. They see a weak Jason and objectives being quickly and reliably completed as the norm. As a result, when faced with a pre-patch player, they get annihilated. I've not seen counselors this consistently bad at the game, and with such shallow tactical depth, since release week.

I see low-luck counselors literally squaring up to Jason on their own when the option to flee is there. Often advancing on him. Because that's the only metagame they know - beat up Jason. Even with poor players, Jason can still struggle, but in a weird sense, because the counselors have gotten so bad, the balance feels back to how it used to be. And not in a good way, or for any good reasons. It's simply because only inexperienced and terrible players remain that Jason has inadvertently become balanced again for good players.

As a counselor, I've resorted the playing as Buggzy to make it harder. Simply because playing as anyone with appreciable repair, I'd be out in the first 5 minutes in almost every match.

@GunMedia_Ben - this is why I feel relying on serverside data is wrong. Yes, the metagame has changed, but so has the playerbase in response. You may no real change in counselor escapes, and proclaim that the balance hasn't changed, but not realising that this is only because you've driven the good players away, and only retained the inexperienced ones. The patch made the game easier, but also dumbed down the playerbase significantly. Your data is possibly going to be subject to a huge dose of confirmation bias, because the only people still playing are those that the changes suit.

Even if you didn't change the balance, your data would still be all over the place anyway simply due to the influx of new players from Halloween and the physical release that the patch coincided with. That you've said you're using this data, despite it being hugely compromised, doesn't fill me with confidence.

It's also unplayable for different reasons though. The frame rate and connection issues seem to have gotten even worse. God knows how that's possible, unless there's some leaky code, but Jason not being able to grab for shit is one thing, but at 15 FPS, that's virtually impossible. Shifting feels like you're fast-forwarding through a slideshow. Having lobbies randomly collapse is one thing. Having stable lobbies randomly give you (and often not other people in the same match) an unplayable frame rate now and again is just too much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Jarvis House

• Added additional item spawns and environmental kills in the Jarvis House and Vacation House

Hmm...a possible corkscrew kill with Jimmy Included? :P

2 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

Eu adoro esses desenvolvedores. Mas cara, eu tenho perguntado sobre isso todos os meses desde o lançamento.

Go to XBOX controller

@ZooMalfunction

Good points.

I also wonder if they receive info on their backend when a match has been prematurely aborted. If they're only receiving info from completed matches then their data would be skewed and unreliable.

Personally I like this upcoming patch. What I wanted to see was a focus on fixing the game's glitches/exploits, and it looks like this patch will deliver.