Thanks @ShiftySamurai and these all sound like high quality QOL updates and fixes. I also like the extra bit of info in the pre-patch notes. Always good to generally know what to expect. Transparency is good.

@Sagremort

Where are the dedicated servers for consoles that were supposed to come late september mid-october? The last update about the matter was mid-august nothing since then.

11 minutes ago, pharmacide said:

Pretty sure they’re not coming. 

Meh, I'm willing to throw them a bone and see if they come. Apparently there are non-disclosure agreements preventing them from discussing details. This kind of change involves working with Sony and Microsoft etc so it's not just the guys over at Gun involved. Every time they create a new patch, it has to get verified by Sony and MS before it's allowed to be uploaded. I'm as pissed off as other people at the high rate of rage-quitters but I'm not giving up. I think people saying "they're not coming" are a little mistaken if they think it's a quick fix.

And every time you make a change you open the door to new bugs. So overhauling the way the game networks its users is opening a floodgate of potential problems they will address like any other developer. This is far from a quick patch like some people seem to think.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

• Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Hitter perk

What's the point of this? Did I miss something? I have an epic heavy hitter and it doesn't stun that much longer than a regular stun. Now the perk is even more useless? 

36 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:
  • Added additional item spawns to campsites
  • Lowered the maximum amount of Medical Sprays that are able to spawn in drawers

The bold words in each sentence mean different things. Item spawns is different from maximum amount. I can add more item spawns but not change the item total count at all. I can reduce item spawns but not change the maximum item total.

Do you see the confusion here?

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

As I understand it: The repair part icons on the map will no longer be hidden by the standard (house, campsite) icons.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, DinosaurusCuteness said:

@ShiftySamurai will the patch be this week? Or next week? Or is the release date a surprise. Even though in the last update it said you guys would have a release date "soon".

The release date is also "soon".

randy said yes about the 4k stuff but they need to address the masses first. I asked him when i ran with him last friday . I have the pro.

5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

"Soon" is always better than me passing off incorrect information about the date.

I'm not level 101 yet so im patient lol 

43 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey all, we're going to do this a little differently and show you the upcoming patch notes a bit before launch. This is not all-inclusive, as we have quite a bit of content coming with the next patch as well, and we don't want to spoil the surprise in patch notes. After release we will update this post to be all inclusive. 

Sound

• Reduced the volume of Part 9 Jason’s music
  •  

Jarvis House

• Added more variation to the possible cabin types and cabin spawn locations
  • Added additional item spawns and environmental kills in the Jarvis House and Vacation House
  • Adjusted repair item spawn locations to no longer spawn at inaccessible locations
  • Corrected various collision issues that were blocking player movement 

•  

1st) finally!   The blaring part 9 music is being fixed!   No more ear drum rape.  Gooooood.   

2nd) for the Jarvis map, will the phone box have more spawn locations now?  I'm not sure that this patch note cover it.   The Jarvis or party houses would also be good phone locations.  

Thanks for the early notes.  Hopefully the patch will be "soon™".    

Hopefully multi-heal spray nerf will be enough to make people go back to either actually using their knives on traps, or at least decrease the amount people can get away with tanking damage. I mean we still have the combo of Thick Skin with Medic which is a little crazy but meh

Cool...I guess.

Still getting the boat / 2-seater combo on Jarvis House (just happened)...phone still only ever spawns at the bottom of the map. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed by now?

Small fixes here. Nothing addressing the major issues with the game. I guess we'll see how it plays when this drops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

• Players who choose the ‘Counselor’ option in the ‘Spawn Preference’ menu will no longer be chosen as Jason (unless there are no other options)

YAAAAAASSSS! Finally!

52 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

*surprise(s)

Omg is it a Blonde if it's a blonde i'm going to die of happiness and main her forever 

But thanks for the information can't wait for the update :P 

Image associée