Soxette

What's your take on this experience from last night?

I was the host last night (max level) for a bunch of matches last night.  Mostly high level players and good games.  I was playing as Vanessa and this max level player (or close to) was chasing me around last for awhile.  I ran around almost the whole map going from cabin to cabin.  I have the epic restful, marathon & thick-skinned perks equipped. I was zig-zagging through trees/rocks and making sharp turns etc. to avoid shift grab.  I had to do that a lot.  It can be quite the challenge especially against a high level player.  If I know or suspect Jason is a noob, I won't do that.  In the end, I survived.

Anyway, some matches later, I was finally Jason in Higgins Haven and I killed everyone except for the guy mentioned above who wasn't able to catch me when he was Jason.  There was a lot of time left on the clock.  I morphed everywhere on the map several times and performed sense on each area many times, but never saw a red outline anywhere.  I could not find him (he was Vanessa).  None of the people who had been killed left probably because we had good games going for awhile.  I felt bad for them because they had been waiting so long.  When we got back in the lobby, I turned my mic on because I wanted them to know that I was NOT idle and that I searched for him the whole time and that I was sorry they had to wait so long.  The guy had a mic on and said he was hiding the whole time in the "best hiding place ever."  I don't know where it was.  He admitted the reason he did that was to get revenge on me for making him chase me all that time before when he was Jason.  I told him that was a shitty thing to do because it was rude to make the other people wait so long just to stare at a person hiding.  At least if we were involved in a chase like before, then it's not boring to watch. 

Was I wrong then in making the people wait previously when I made him chase me all around the map (although it wasn't nearly as long as he made them wait while he was hiding)?  

I try my best to be respectful of others.  I never hide out a match like that.  I do sometimes like the thrill of the chase, but if it's rude to do that when everyone else is dead and/or escaped, then maybe I should reconsider not doing that.

Also, I'm curious to know if anyone suspects what this best ever hiding place is in HH. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any feedback given.

The high level person was butthurt that he couldn't catch you, and if his "ultimate hiding spot" is him utilizing an exploit, he can be banned for it. I'm guessing you weren't able to Sense him at all, despite the fact that Sense's ability to detect counselors should be almost the entire map at that point (and you'll see people in hiding spots too), so if you couldn't find him at all, chances are he knew of an exploit that allowed him to remain undetectable by Sense even during Jason's Rage Mode.

The point of the game as a counselor is to survive, so long as you're using legitimate means of doing so. As Vanessa, you did the right thing by constantly juking Jason, and there's the potential many people in the lobby were actually having fun watching you. People tend to get bored quickly if it's someone hiding in a closet until there's five minutes left.

• Like 1

He might have been swimming at edge of map? But as to your question, I think both scenarios are perfectly ok. The match shouldn't be just 'given up' when it's 1v1. Whether by hiding or fighting, the counsellor and Jason should just try their best

As Jenny I will hide and make Jason find me if I am the last person on the map. However you should have been able to Sense him no matter what once you hit Rage. 

2 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

He might have been swimming at edge of map?

That would've kicked up sound pings.

1. What map? Large or small?

2. Did you spam Sense on and off while searching to reset your RNG?

15 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Higgins Haven? Did you ever return to Jason's shack or check the island?

Yes, I did morph to the island, used Sense and checked the shack.  I also searched and used Sense in the water and also near the sleeping bags and outhouses. 

13 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

That would've kicked up sound pings.

Not if you go to a spot and standstill in the water. No more pings. But sense should DEFINITELY find someone in the water.

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

1. What map? Large or small?

2. Did you spam Sense on and off while searching to reset your RNG?

Large Map.  Yes, I did that a lot.  

Here's the way I look at it:

36 minutes ago, Soxette said:

I was playing as Vanessa and this max level player (or close to) was chasing me around last for awhile.  I ran around almost the whole map going from cabin to cabin.  I have the epic restful, marathon & thick-skinned perks equipped. I was zig-zagging through trees/rocks and making sharp turns etc. to avoid shift grab.  I had to do that a lot.  It can be quite the challenge especially against a high level player.  If I know or suspect Jason is a noob, I won't do that.  In the end, I survived.

Here's where additional info would be helpful. Were there escape options? (i.e., were police called, was a car/boat available?) If so, the courteous thing would have been to utilize one of those options and escape, so to keep your "good group" from having to wait and watch you juke Jason for the full game time. I'm never one to criticize someone for using their survival skills -- especially over resorting to playing "All Around the Mulberry Bush" with Jason around a table or car. But if you CAN escape, you should go ahead and end the game.

Anyway, some matches later, I was finally Jason in Higgins Haven and I killed everyone except for the guy mentioned above who wasn't able to catch me when he was Jason.  There was a lot of time left on the clock.  I morphed everywhere on the map several times and performed sense on each area many times, but never saw a red outline anywhere.  I could not find him (he was Vanessa).  None of the people who had been killed left probably because we had good games going for awhile.  I felt bad for them because they had been waiting so long.  When we got back in the lobby, I turned my mic on because I wanted them to know that I was NOT idle and that I searched for him the whole time and that I was sorry they had to wait so long.  The guy had a mic on and said he was hiding the whole time in the "best hiding place ever."  I don't know where it was.  He admitted the reason he did that was to get revenge on me for making him chase me all that time before when he was Jason.  I told him that was a shitty thing to do because it was rude to make the other people wait so long just to stare at a person hiding.  At least if we were involved in a chase like before, then it's not boring to watch. 

Was I wrong then in making the people wait previously when I made him chase me all around the map (although it wasn't nearly as long as he made them wait while he was hiding)? 

I'm with @Trident77 here -- if this guy found the "best hiding place ever" (i.e., he cannot be found by Jason, even with Sense in the final moments of the round), then yes, he's absolutely using an exploit, which is easy for the dead/escaped players to document and report -- and will ultimately get him banned. He was definitely wrong to do that, as it's just cheating, plain and simple.

I try my best to be respectful of others.  I never hide out a match like that.  I do sometimes like the thrill of the chase, but if it's rude to do that when everyone else is dead and/or escaped, then maybe I should reconsider not doing that.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean maybe you should consider not juking Jason the whole time and just escaping, or are you saying maybe you should just let Jason kill you in the interest of not making the others wait? With the former, I would definitely agree. With the latter, I would ardently disagree. No one is EXPECTED to lose a game just to let another round hurry up and start for the others to be able to play. If you are fighting for your life and trying as hard as you can to stay alive with no viable escape options, then yes, you totally should do that to the end. Hell, you're playing the game to try to survive, right?? Wouldn't you expect a fellow player to try to live? Yes, it takes some time, but you're playing the game the right way. I think most logical folks would see it that way.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

As Jenny I will hide and make Jason find me if I am the last person on the map. However you should have been able to Sense him no matter what once you hit Rage. 

That's what I thought.  As soon as Rage was activated, I was spamming Sense off and on everywhere I could think of.  I had a lot of time to do this.  That's usually when I am able to find the person.  I was starting to think that maybe it was a glitch area. 

2 minutes ago, Soxette said:

Large Map.  Yes, I did that a lot.  

Not sure if Higgin's still has the Sense immunity glitch. If that was the map, and the bug is still active, then he could have picked any obscure spot outdoors and be invisible to Sense. If on a different map, it is also probably some sort of glitch or bug, but I'm not sure if something similar exists on the other maps.

• Thanks 1

@Soxette yeah Pre-Rage Jason isn't finding Jenny. Did you smash the power and raise fear? That is a good tactic when trying to find someone who knows how to hide. If I can't find someone at cabins I look at the camps. If I don't find them at the camps I start looking in the lake. If you can't find them at that point they are exploiting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Here's the way I look at it:

Here's where additional info would be helpful. Were there escape options? (i.e., were police called, was a car/boat available?) If so, the courteous thing would have been to utilize one of those options and escape, so to keep your "good group" from having to wait and watch you juke Jason for the full game time. I'm never one to criticize someone for using their survival skills -- especially over resorting to playing "All Around the Mulberry Bush" with Jason around a table or car. But if you CAN escape, you should go ahead and end the game.

I'm with @Trident77 here -- if this guy found the "best hiding place ever" (i.e., he cannot be found by Jason, even with Sense in the final moments of the round), then yes, he's absolutely using an exploit, which is easy for the dead/escaped players to document and report -- and will ultimately get him banned. He was definitely wrong to do that, as it's just cheating, plain and simple.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean maybe you should consider not juking Jason the whole time and just escaping, or are you saying maybe you should just let Jason kill you in the interest of not making the others wait? With the former, I would definitely agree. With the latter, I would ardently disagree. No one is EXPECTED to lose a game just to let another round hurry up and start for the others to be able to play. If you are fighting for your life and trying as hard as you can to stay alive with no viable escape options, then yes, you totally should do that to the end. Hell, you're playing the game to try to survive, right?? Wouldn't you expect a fellow player to try to live? Yes, it takes some time, but you're playing the game the right way. I think most logical folks would see it that way.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback.  The police weren't called.  I delivered the fuse earlier and guarded while someone else fixed it, but then he showed up and smashed the fuse box again.  I kept going back there to fix, but he kept coming back there to check on it like a hawk.  Finally I was the only person left and had to give up on the fuse box.  The cars weren't repaired either.

14 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Not if you go to a spot and standstill in the water. No more pings. But sense should DEFINITELY find someone in the water.

I stand corrected. I found a video supporting your assertion (I'm at work, so I couldn't fire the game up). I guess I've never stayed still in the water long enough to see the sound pings stop.

5 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

@Soxette yeah Pre-Rage Jason isn't finding Jenny. Did you smash the power and raise fear? That is a good tactic when trying to find someone who knows how to hide. If I can't find someone at cabins I look at the camps. If I don't find them at the camps I start looking in the lake. If you can't find them at that point they are exploiting. 

Once I morphed to each area and didn't find him using Sense, then I proceeded to smash every electrical box before I began the process of re-checking areas. 

Of course, I forgot to add that he was laughing and saying how funny that was.  I guess he enjoyed his "revenge."

1 minute ago, Soxette said:

Once I morphed to each area and didn't find him using Sense, then I proceeded to smash every electrical box before I began the process of re-checking areas. 

Of course, I forgot to add that he was laughing and saying how funny that was.  I guess he enjoyed his "revenge."

Yup exploitng broken game mechanics. In my next Jason match everyone would get a free ride but him. And I would have let him know it too.

There's only one special hiding spot on Higgin's but it shouldn't block Sense.

Without more details, the only thing he could have been doing was using an exploit or he was simply missed.

And as long as it's not an exploit, there's nothing wrong with revenge. 

You may feel good leading Jason on for so long but then you have to think to yourself "this is what i'm doing to people?". We forget what it is like on Jason's end (let alone dealing with your shenanigans as a counselor). Not saying you got your just desserts, public match players aren't always civil or care much about wasting people's time.

7 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

You may feel good leading Jason on for so long but then you have to think to yourself "this is what i'm doing to people?". We forget what it is like on Jason's end (let alone dealing with your shenanigans as a counselor). Not saying you got your just desserts, public match players aren't always civil or care much about wasting people's time.

So, what is your solution, then? Should a "considerate player" juke Jason for only so long, then think, "Gosh, I'm being rude trying to survive here. I better run right into Jason's arms so others can play more quickly"?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, what is your solution, then? Should a "considerate player" juke Jason for only so long, then think, "Gosh, I'm being rude trying to survive here. I better run right into Jason's arms so others can play more quickly"?

I have no solution for the way players behave. I think whoever plays as a counselor or chosen Jason never really acknowledges or remembers how much salt their making their opponent spill on the opposite end. Kiting Jason around for 9 minutes may be another "Casual Tuesday" for you, but it could be a "childish keep away hour" for whoever it is playing Jason. Then that Jason will most likely be a counselor next game and retaliate back in that "childish" manner.

2 hours ago, Soxette said:

Also, I'm curious to know if anyone suspects what this best ever hiding place is in HH.

There's a few spots on Higgins where Sense doesn't work. I found them myself, but didn't realise others knew too.

Obviously I don't want to reveal them as people will just copy them.

7 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

I have no solution for the way players behave. I think whoever plays as a counselor or chosen Jason never really acknowledges or remembers how much salt their making their opponent spill on the opposite end. Kiting Jason around for 9 minutes may be another "Casual Tuesday" for you, but it could be a "childish keep away hour" for whoever it is playing Jason. Then that Jason will most likely be a counselor next game and retaliate back in that "childish" manner.

One of my points was that I would've preferred him to make me chase him around the map like I did with him.  That would've been more active and engaging than just searching for someone all that time who has found a spot where he can't be sensed.  And as a spectator, there have been many times that I've enjoyed watching a cat and mouse chase between two people after I've died or escaped.  It certainly beats watching 5 minutes or more of someone hiding. 

1 hour ago, silencedeffect said:

No, I'm not talking about your solution for others. What's your solution for YOU? If you're in this situation -- where Jason has killed everyone else, or the others have fled in the cars, what do you do? Do you keep dodging Jason while trying to fix the phone so you can escape? (or, if that's not an option, just trying to stay alive until time expires) -- or is your solution to just run to Jason and end it immediately?

I have two thoughts on the matter:

1. People who CAN escape but DON'T and choose to just juke and stun Jason the whole time are jerks who should be kicked from the game.
  2. People who CANNOT escape should either continue to try to create a means of escape or just try to stay alive until time expires.

I see #1 as "childish". I do not see #2 as such. Do you?

50 minutes ago, Soxette said:

One of my points was that I would've preferred him to make me chase him around the map like I did with him.  That would've been more active and engaging than just searching for someone all that time who has found a spot where he can't be sensed.  And as a spectator, there have been many times that I've enjoyed watching a cat and mouse chase between two people after I've died or escaped.  It certainly beats watching 5 minutes or more of someone hiding. 

If you had no means of escape, what you did (in my book) was perfectly fine, and I would have likely done the same in your place.