Sign in to follow this  
TimmyJarvis

What does patience and soon mean on this forum?

Countless threads have been and will be locked because of old threads existing for topics that people want information on, such as when they will get content slated for summer two seasons later.  Unfortunately though, this cycle will continue as official comment in the old threads (that matters to most people) typically reveal nothing except vague promises of "soon," and cooperate gibberish such as thanking frustrated people for their "patience." 

So in hopes of ending this charade of mods locking tough questions because there is already a place that users can allegedly get their answers of soon and thanks for your patience, would someone be kind enough to explain what definition of soon and patience the mods / devs are using when throwing those words around?  Those words seem to have a different meaning here, and if defined we may start getting close to something resembling a bonafide answer on our questions.       

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

Countless threads have been and will be locked because of old threads existing for topics that people want information on, such as when they will get content slated for summer two seasons later.  Unfortunately though, this cycle will continue as official comment in the old threads (that matters to most people) typically reveal nothing except vague promises of "soon," and cooperate gibberish such as thanking frustrated people for their "patience." 

So in hopes of ending this charade of mods locking tough questions because there is already a place that users can allegedly get their answers of soon and thanks for your patience, would someone be kind enough to explain what definition of soon and patience the mods / devs are using when throwing those words around?  Those words seem to have a different meaning here, and if defined we may start getting close to something resembling a bonafide answer on our questions.       

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Soon means stop asking.

and

have patience means quit bitching.

47 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Stranger-Things-s2e3.gif

Stranger-Things-Millie-Brown-Eleven.jpg

Hopefully before Stranger Things gets a Season 3 release (awesome show btw). I have a hunch we'll get vague update information sometime before Christmas. Don't take my word for it though.

Soon = half past a monkey's ass, quarter to his balls.  

Patience = give as much praise and credit to the devs as possible while kissing their hind ends.  Carry a moist towel to keep the brown nosing from too much build up.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Patience = give as much praise and credit to the devs as possible while kissing their hind ends.  Carry a moist towel to keep the brown nosing from too much build up.  

Ok, that's really funny! Kudos @Maddogg_8121

• Like 1

Soon = we don't have confidence in our abilities to stick to deadlines

Patience = we don't know what we're doing so wait while we learn  

Honestly this is what comes to mind when I see these words from the team. It's a shame it is that way but there's no better explanation IMO. No doubt there are external factors beyond their control, but the ability to effectively plan for that in advance can prevent disappointment. You don't have to be specifically in game development to know that.

Just like the disappointment for backers like myself who are still waiting on a physical copy 2 months after retail release, without any acknowledgement of the situation from Gun for many weeks.

• Like 2

Soon doesn't mean anything. Paranoia was announced in late October as coming "soon" but according to the roadmap it won't be until sometime next year, and probably not in January. Wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in February either.

DAE think that the developers may be spending more time playing the game during "office hours" than they do trying to fix it for the rest of us?

4 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

DAE think that the developers may be spending more time playing the game during "office hours" than they do trying to fix it for the rest of us?

If that were the case they wouldn't be nerfing the useless Heavy Hitter while ignoring Medic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Congrats. Have the strippers arrived??

Yea, he's here... I appreciate his enthusiasm but I have to admit I was hoping for something different.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

This is the most accurate thing I have ever read on this forum!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yea, he's here... I appreciate his enthusiasm but I have to admit I was hoping for something different.

My bad. The ad said nip piercing and lotion. I thought it included a massage.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, silencedeffect said:

Hopefully before Stranger Things gets a Season 3 release (awesome show btw). I have a hunch we'll get vague update information sometime before Christmas. Don't take my word for it though.

I believe season 3 not out till october 2018 so better be before then lol

10 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Soon doesn't mean anything. Paranoia was announced in late October as coming "soon" but according to the roadmap it won't be until sometime next year, and probably not in January. Wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in February either.

They started teasing it with the blue dots even earlier.

I don't get wtf they were thinking by teasing Paranoia for so long if it wasn't even close to being ready,especially with the reputation that Gun/illfonic has established. The Paranoia trailer literally made it seem like it was coming soon™,but again Gun/illfonic has already established they have no idea what "soon™" actually means.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

basically its just people making fun of the Devs of the game, because for the longest time we'd ask something and only get a round about answer that summed up to soon or just bare with us and have Patience things take time.. thus answer like, "Soon™" were born as smart ass answers to threads where the same things were asked over and over again.. before Jpops could lock them :)

You are confusing general house keeping with being dismissive of questions. Often times as forums do, you will have the same question or issue pop up over and over. While I am sure some feel their question or concern is unique in most cases it is not.

Different forums utilize different rules in terms of moderation. Here on the forums the goal is to keep conversation about relevant topics to one localized thread. Depending on the flow of the conversation a topic may be merged with a pre-existing one. In a lot of cases it is something that does not fit in with the flow of the conversation. In those instances the topic will be locked and the original poster will be urged to join in on the current conversation. 

There is a general misconception in a lot of forums and that is the more threads about an issue the more visible it is. That is not the case and does the exact opposite. It actually makes it more difficult to find issues. I've been on several forums over the years and what that does is bury other issues or topics from being seen. Most are not spending all day on the forums to read everything. So if you spend 30 minutes a day on the forums it's better spent on looking at a few topics instead of reading through several of the same topics over and over. 

I understand that everyone wants answers and when you know the game plan it's always prefered opposed to this is coming at some point in the future. I can see that however asking over and over in an attempt to force an answer never works. As soon as something can be confirmed it is done so and as quickly as possible. 

Sometimes things are put out much earlier than they should be just to give people an idea of what's being worked on. If you look around the forums you will see why most game companies do not tell you what they are working on until they are pretty much all set to roll out. Transparency has a different meaning from user to user. Transparency to some appears to be answering every question as soon as it comes in and all the behind the scene details. However a good example of transparency is what occurs here.

Objects currently being worked on are shown off or teased. These items take a lot of time so it should go to show you the massive amount of times these things take to make. There was a point in time where tentative dates were thrown out for items such as release dates and what not. However issues will arise when developing anything so when those issues arrive and throw the item off track there was a large volume of complaints.sure I get it, if someone tells you that something will be available on such and such a date then it should be. However with that comes the way most things are handled in gaming which is do not disclose anything until it's ready to go. These were items that were thrown out prior to let people know what to expect. As you can see the rippling effect of mentioning these items before work had started has taken. 

There is a more conservative approach being utilized as it is the way it has to be. It's unfortunate but people get upset and no one wants that so as soon as info is available it will be shared. 

I apologize for my ling rambling but I wanted to help explain a couple items that you seem to have taken issue with. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Just like the disappointment for backers like myself who are still waiting on a physical copy 2 months after retail release, without any acknowledgement of the situation from Gun for many weeks.

If you didn't get your physical release copy already, then there's a problem. Randy G. sent the email out a while ago about it, then I received mine around November 6th or so.

9 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

If you didn't get your physical release copy already, then there's a problem. Randy G. sent the email out a while ago about it, then I received mine around November 6th or so.

I received an email early November that I was due to receive my backer rewards. Since then nothing has arrived despite my address being correct, and Randy has not replied despite me asking him to address the issue. Other Australian backers like me also have the same problem. It's a total joke.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I received an email early November that I was due to receive my backer rewards. Since then nothing has arrived despite my address being correct, and Randy has not replied despite me asking him to address the issue. Other Australian backers like me also have the same problem. It's a total joke.

Wow. That really is a joke then! Here in the States we've had the same problems with lack of communication and no updates on the backer rewards too.

I got my physical copy, but where the hell is the soundtrack and artbook that I paid the extra $$$ for? I was told "the soundtrack and artbook will be finished once Single Player is complete" - Randy Greenback, Gun Media October 27th 2017. This was in an email to the backers.

I backed this game on 11/9/2015 (I just check my email). It's over 2 years later and this game is still in Beta mode.