malloymk

Remove the counselor scream

Remove the counselor scream. There are a few non traditional hiding spots that basically get ruined because of this. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Remove the counselor scream. There are a few non traditional hiding spots that basically get ruined because of this. 

I like the counselor scream it’s more realistic 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, malloymk said:

No, they should just base it off composure.

Also, they need to do that with the lights going off as well. Jenny shouldn't scream immediately until she gets scared. If the house isn't showing on sense, it's kind of contradicting with the scream.

Also idk why Deborah doesn't react to the lights going off. This has been a thing since release I think and makes 0 sense with her stats @GunMedia_Ben

• Like 2

I 100% agree from a Jason stand point. I go into stalk to catch the counselor on their way to a cabin, or I leave and come back in stalk. This affects me as Jason because the counselor will know I am there when I am trying to get a good kill. From a counselor stand point, keep it! It lets me know Jason is there and to stay inside or stay quiet... :D But I love playing Jason, so I am going to have to agree with getting rid of it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Also idk why Deborah doesn't react to the lights going off. This has been a thing since release I think and makes 0 sense with her stats @GunMedia_Ben

Vanessa also doesn't react. It's a weird bug, but I hope they fix it sooner or later.

39 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Vanessa also doesn't react. It's a weird bug, but I hope they fix it sooner or later.

I'm beginning to think it's one of those "secret" things a counsler benefits from

Which is cool I guess, it's just exposed I guess. But it still doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

I'm beginning to think it's one of those "secret" things a counsler benefits from

Which is cool I guess, it's just exposed I guess. But it still doesn't make sense.

But Jason can still track the counselors via sound blips or fear (sense). Therefore, I don't really find this beneficial unless if you have perks that reduce the noise you make or you have any perks that reduce your fear, which when I play as Jason, the counselors that I'm up against have NO perks except for My Dad's a Cop or Thick Skinned.

2 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

But Jason can still track the counselors via sound blips or fear (sense). Therefore, I don't really find this beneficial unless if you have perks that reduce the noise you make or you have any perks that reduce your fear, which when I play as Jason, the counselors that I'm up against have NO perks except for My Dad's a Cop or Thick Skinned.

Not screaming when the lights go off is very beneficial at the beginning of the match, when Jason doesn't even have sense yet.

Also, screaming ruins hiding traditionally (bed/closet) when Jason's sense says no one is in the house.

I think the screaming mechanism should depend on current fear level + the composure stat of the character.

21 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Not screaming when the lights go off is very beneficial at the beginning of the match, when Jason doesn't even have sense yet.

Also, screaming ruins hiding traditionally (bed/closet) when Jason's sense says no one is in the house.

I think the screaming mechanism should depend on current fear level + the composure stat of the character.

Personally, I totally agree with you. Vanessa should be crappin' herself while Jenny doesn't care about anything xD

Completely agree @malloymk.  It took away the "hiding in plain sight" aspect.  It was another unannounced addition that wasn't needed.  It certainly isn't tied to composure either making it even more annoying.  

The auto-scream ruins the game on both sides. If you spawn near an objective, there is no longer a chance to just hide and wait until Jason leaves. I've already had a few people tell me they would have never known I was even around if not for the scream. The fact it's the beginning of the match and you don't even have to SEE Jason to scream completely negates composure/stealth and what is supposed to factor into raising fear level. 

On the Jason end, it gets rid of any type of jump scares or stealth you're trying to accomplish because the counselors will know you're there anyway with the scream. So any kind of shift/stalk tactic is negated. It takes away too much from both sides and was never needed or wanted anyway. 

Screaming when the lights go off/in high fear later in the match is one thing. But just every single time?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dmack621 said:

The auto-scream ruins the game on both sides. If you spawn near an objective, there is no longer a chance to just hide and wait until Jason leaves. I've already had a few people tell me they would have never known I was even around if not for the scream. The fact it's the beginning of the match and you don't even have to SEE Jason to scream completely negates composure/stealth and what is supposed to factor into raising fear level. 

On the Jason end, it gets rid of any type of jump scares or stealth you're trying to accomplish because the counselors will know you're there anyway with the scream. So any kind of shift/stalk tactic is negated. It takes away too much from both sides and was never needed or wanted anyway. 

Screaming when the lights go off/in high fear later in the match is one thing. But just every single time?

yeah. I agree the radius for the random scream to happen is too large. I was in a house and Jason was 2 houses away, and I'm not even sure how Chad saw him, but screamed. Granted Chad screams at the leaves rustling by, but I've had it happen with others. Now by default if I am near one of those objectives, I quickly open all the windows and then hide. This NORMALLY throws off Jason, thinking the person bolted out the window.

20 hours ago, malloymk said:

You mean ruin exploits? By all means keep the scream in. Or are you talking about something else?

I mean there is furniture than you can crouch near and Jason can have a hard time finding you. However it gets much easier when he hears your character scream.

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

You mean ruin exploits? By all means keep the scream in. Or are you talking about something else?

If you run an epic home body perk and Jason is around, you don't have to go into a closet/under a bed. His sense may tell him you're not in the cabin. Especially if you're at a point in the match where Jason has stalk and can turn it on to hear you entering a wardrobe etc. There are other ways to hide in a cabin (not exploits) and trick him so he goes away. The scream negates that perk altogether.

Likewise, running level headed/low profile when outdoors and trying to remain undetected when Jason can't sense you is also negated by the scream.

Totally agree with everyone. It doesn’t work for Jason and it doesn’t work for the counselor. If Jason has stalk on and he’s coming through a cabin for a sneaky kill it gives him away when they yell. Same thing when a counselor is fixing an objective and Jason’s close by (out of sight) with stalk.. your character yells and you know to get the hell out of there. 

It was funny in the beginning but it definitely needs removed. 

Edit: Agree with everyone, apart from ... whoever that was that wanted realism.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Totally agree with everyone

So you agree with me so they should keep it in

4 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

So you agree with me so they should keep it in

Oh I missed your post saying that you’d like it to stay or I obviously wouldn’t have said I agree with everyone. Let me edit my post just for you.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Oh I missed your post saying that you’d like it to stay or I obviously wouldn’t have said I agree with everyone. Let me edit my post just for you.

Thank you 

I like the scream, it works to alert either player, but it does give our wonderful hiding spots away...Unless you play as Jenny :D It should be based off composure which means Tommy can finally shut up. He screams more than Jenny and he's 10/10 in all stats LOL

46 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Thank you 

You’re very welcome