Super Ty

Are there still plans to upgrade Retro Jason?

1 hour ago, Gooby said:

Indeed... unless we had some ridiculous 8-bit themed map which would have 8-bit ambient music by default in the memory of the NES game.

You know, I wouldn't even be opposed to that as long as it could be limited like say, selected only once in a lobby per hour at maximum

• Like 1

Randy's confirmed it over and over in his streams.

He'll be dealt with eventually. Probably as an unlockable for the new level cap, which will make things more salty as usual, but that's what I suspect happens.

Just now, CPLhicks31 said:

You know, I wouldn't even be opposed to that as long as it could be limited like say, selected only once in a lobby per hour at maximum

I agree with you. For me, it would be the first different map in the game. Why? Because, frankly, i don't know if something wrong with my environmental perception, but aside from the size of the current maps, i can't see any notable differences in them. I'm a simple kind of man when it comes to map design and if the geography is mostly the same as it is now, then i can't separate them as different maps in my mind.

tl;dr I see no visual difference in the current maps, just dark misty forest with an occasional rainfall.

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

Randy's confirmed it over and over in his streams.

He'll be dealt with eventually. Probably as an unlockable for the new level cap, which will make things more salty as usual, but that's what I suspect happens.

Making him a high tier unlock is fine for me.  May never reach him at this rate, but I prefer the movie Jason's anyway.  

5 hours ago, Gooby said:

I agree with you. For me, it would be the first different map in the game. Why? Because, frankly, i don't know if something wrong with my environmental perception, but aside from the size of the current maps, i can't see any notable differences in them. I'm a simple kind of man when it comes to map design and if the geography is mostly the same as it is now, then i can't separate them as different maps in my mind.

tl;dr I see no visual difference in the current maps, just dark misty forest with an occasional rainfall.

Higgins stands out to me with the more noticeable graveyard and the bridge/river along the middle. Higgins small is especially more atmospheric.

But yes, the cabins are always recycled and the forests similar. The river splitting Higgins is pretty much the only truly defining geographical feature of any of the maps.

5 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Higgins stands out to me with the more noticeable graveyard and the bridge/river along the middle. Higgins small is especially more atmospheric.

But yes, the cabins are always recycled and the forests similar. The river splitting Higgins is pretty much the only truly defining geographical feature of any of the maps.

Jason Takes Manhattan based New York map and some Jason X space map would be pretty cool.

18 minutes ago, Gooby said:

Jason Takes Manhattan based New York map and some Jason X space map would be pretty cool.

yes, that would require a ton of work from the devs that i doubt we get anytime soon. I'd love them though, especially manhatten.

I'd settle for just having different cabins on the regular maps though.

Please no space maps. Jason X was, in my opinion, the worst film ever right up there with Part 9. Put Jason X in but no space maps please. 

If they do that they might as well make candyland Jason complemented by candy cane sickle weapon and lollipop darts. We could even set the map as something out of willie winks and say the counselor’s were visiting the factory. 

1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

yes, that would require a ton of work from the devs that i doubt we get anytime soon. I'd love them though, especially manhatten.

I'd settle for just having different cabins on the regular maps though.

12 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Please no space maps. Jason X was, in my opinion, the worst film ever right up there with Part 9. Put Jason X in but no space maps please. 

If they do that they might as well make candyland Jason complemented by candy cane sickle weapon and lollipop darts. We could even set the map as something out of willie winks and say the counselor’s were visiting the factory. 

I do hope you guys/gals acknowledge the fact that both of these suggestions are not originally mine, but Gun Media's and/or IllFonic's. If you look at the very first roadmap from like a year or two ago, you'll notice that Jason X and Manhattan maps were in-fact considered, but sadly didn't reach the kickstarter goals.

Even if they didn’t reach Kickstarter goals I’m sure they’ve pulled in enough revenue to implement them now. But none of that is my call I’m just a fan 

I can't believe this was from 4 months ago:

“We’re going to be removing Retro Jason for a little TLC work. Don’t freak out, it will only be a month or so. We have some plans for this Jason, as we will be adding new music that both the counselor AND Jason hear during gameplay. And trust us, you’ll like the results.”

9 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

“We’re going to be removing Retro Jason for a little TLC work. Don’t freak out, it will only be a month or so. We have some plans for this Jason, as we will be adding new music that both the counselor AND Jason hear during gameplay. And trust us, you’ll like the results.”

I think they forgot about him 

On 12/12/2017 at 7:46 PM, MyNameisJason said:

To this I have to say I don't like Roy Jason or Jason takes manhatten but I did not asking for them to be not included becasuse of my feelings about them. Jason X is a favorite of mine you can extend your sense of disbelif over a zombie jasongetting broght back by a lighting strike and being unkillable. But You can't wrap your head that he would stil be a killer zombie in the future?  That is on you if you don't like it don't play it. But don't be I don't like it so cut it.  That type of opinion is not fair to those that do like Jason X. And reguardless of what you think there is a lot of us out here. MY buddy Jay did not buy the game till he knew for sure Jason X was included. So how about not being divisive and just enjoy the game or just play offline where you have total control. 

13 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

The fact that they never even removed him to start makes this even weirder.

Underestimating how long its going to take for them to get something done and staying quite about it is par for the course with these guys, but why did they end up never removing him?

On topic: I’m not surprised nothing new has happened with Retro Jason as of yet. He’s still in game so I would assume the changes to his character have not yet entered development but I could be wrong. I wouldn’t mind an update on the situation but in all honesty I would rather hear about balance changes. Perhaps in the next set of dev dialogue we will hear some news.

mrhyde138

Look an opinion is just that, an opinion. It does not need to be a fair statement because it is simply an opinion. I’m not hurting anyone by saying I dislike said films. I don’t understand how having an opinion makes me divisive since we are all fans here. I don’t have to be a fan of every film to be an enthusiast. There are plenty of other F13 fans in here that feel the same way I do. Likewise there are others who disagree and that is perfectly fine. If anyone is upset because I do not like something than I’m sorry but you need not be so sensitive to criticism. 

You dislike Roy and Jason Goes to Manhattan that’s perfectly fine. If you went so far as to say you hated them or did not want them in game that’s cool too ( and no you did not say those things). I’m fine with it because it’s your opinion. I disagree with the addition of a space map despite it being in the Jason Vorhees franchise because, personally, it distracts from the atmosphere. If they implement it which they stated they would than that’s fine. I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. Besides, it seems as though some individuals can’t handle sarcasm. Yes, I’m not fond of Jason X or Part 9 Jason. I’ve made comments in prior posts/threads about it but I’m not trying to “control” what others want. I don’t have that power. 

Without getting into a separate, unnecessary debate about what is believable; a zombie is undead and conventionally feasts upon the living. Jason is “undead” but I have yet to see him consume his victims. As for lightning resurrection? It was already clarified he cannot die in precious films. So rising from the “dead” to continue his onslaught is just fine. Frankenstein followed the same concept with electricity being the primary power source for reanimating. 

Jason cannot die sure but the majority of the films took place at or near a campsite, excluding Parts 8 and 10 (anyone can correct me if I’m wrong here). Part 10 sadly took things to space. For those who enjoy it that’s awesome. I just lose the immersion when you take a horror icon and put him in space. The movie could be amazing for some and that’s fine but it doesn’t do it for me. 

He really needs to be his own Jason to select and not just a skin of Part 3. I’d also like to see him have his machete like he has in the NES version and different stats. Come on already

18 hours ago, mrhyde138 said:

That type of opinion is not fair to those that do like Jason X. 

Thank you. Jason X is an awesome movie!! And if the devs don't add pre-Uber Jason, I'm taking back everything nice I said about them. And on the forums, I'm gonna be worse than ZooMalfunction and the Reggie guys combined. Mods, get that ban-hammer ready!

I have to say I don't like Roy Jason...

Nobody should.

...or Jason Takes Manhatten...

Uh, excuse me! Jason was great in Part 8; the movie sucked. Those are 2 separate things.

I've also changed my tune about Nintendo Jason now that he's my little nephew's favorite and he's kicking ass with him. He's cool with me now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Thank you. Jason X is an awesome movie!! And if the devs don't add pre-Uber Jason, I'm taking back everything nice I said about them. And on the forums, I'm gonna be worse than ZooMalfunction and the Reggie guys combined. Mods, get that ban-hammer ready!

Nobody should.

Uh, excuse me! Jason was great in Part 8; the movie sucked. Those are 2 separate things.

I've also changed my tune about Nintendo Jason now that he's my little nephew's favorite and he's kicking ass with him. He's cool with me now.

Ok Jason him self in 8 was good but yeah I the movie was shit. My issue is people dissing on X but defending 8 (the movies not Jason him self) 

To be Honest I would be cool with new jasons created just for the game. Just give me JASON! all of them. 

AS for NES jason they should give us the NES map to go with him and Chrissy from that game. and thenks to the Virtual cabin we knbow they can do the Hidden path through the woods. Also now that we have seen grendal corridoors retexture them into a cave and we get the NES map comnplete. 

Bumping this thread, as they announced many moons ago that they were revamping Retro Jason into his own character, but we've heard almost nothing about it in months. Are there any updates at all on this? (Not opinions on how much you like the character, just updates on if/when it's happening, etc.) 

• Thanks 1

I'm okay with Retro being a skin at the moment, but yes, I think Retro MAY come after Uber.

I say this because once Uber is in, that's it, we have all he "movie" Jasons that we can (freddy vs Jason and Jason 2009 can't be used). At that point, they can start adding NEW Jasons made just for this game, such as Retro.

Perhaps they will revisit some of the lost concepts such as the idea that Jason's Spirit would inhabit a scarecrow (and yes, wear the mask). Lets also keep in mind they can also sell weapon packs for the weapon swap ability.