Link941

Perks and Quitters, the two biggest issues!

So these two issues go hand in hand. XP is useless past a certain point and isn't a good motivator to not quit no matter what you do with it. It would, however, be more desirable if the perks we get as counselors were actually buffed enough to be powerful and worth spending cp on. As it stands now, according to the upcoming patch, the opposite is happening  and its pretty embarrassing how little the devs know about their own game. The upcoming nerfs are the exact opposite of what should be happening.

So, until perks are desirable, xp won't be desirable. Which means the only way to deter people from quitting as soon as the match starts because they aren't Jason or quitting mid-kill is to put some sort of cooldown for joining another match. You know, like a lot of other games do. They do this for a reason. And the fact that my last few games as Jason had an average of around 5 people who quit mid-kill is ridiculous. And I shouldn't need to point out the people who quit 3 seconds into that match who realize they aren't Jason. Quitting after you've been killed is fine. But quitters in these scenarios ruin the game and they can't keep doing this, something has to be done. If someone crashes they should be able to rejoin like a few competitive games like CS:GO and Overwatch do and avoid the penalty. And if that can't be done then, I guess tough luck if you crash. If Dead By Daylight does it that way I don't see why F13 can't. It's a much lesser evil, frankly.

Seems unlikely they will ever give any penalty for people leaving. Even if there were a report system in-game to report people who leave mid-kill, etc it would be fairly useless considering Gun and Illphonic already have their hands so full they haven't put a patch out in almost 7 weeks. Stubbornly, I don't think they'd grow their team to find someone to manage reports.

There aren't any specifics for the next update but the level cap is going up to 150 and I'm assuming they're adding more incentives for levelling. I may be wrong.

In all seriousness, Gun has allowed this game to be taken hostage by hosts quitting, people leaving, trolls, etc. for a very long time and I don't imagine that will change anytime soon.

I'd say all the buffs to counselors and thus nerfs to Jason are the major issue. People don't see Jason as a threat, because he's much less so, thus destroying the tension and need to work together to escape. 

They should take out roll perk and let us choose what to buy. Make epic perks cost a lot of cp.  And the game crashes / disconnects so much  I don't want to be penalized for it.

11 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

They should take out roll perk and let us choose what to buy. Make epic perks cost a lot of cp.  And the game crashes / disconnects so much  I don't want to be penalized for it.

Bad idea, because you will have 10 AJs running epic stealth perks causing Jason to rage quit because he can't find them on sense.

They said they were going to move to dedicated servers maybe 4 months ago but that was the last mention. And here I am like a fucking idiot trying to play and getting dropped by rage-quitting hosts. I refuse to buy any future titles by these people at this rate.

All I want is for the kill to register at the start of the animation and also count towards xp. 

I just finished a 5/7 round. This time no one quit during the animations, but they quit right after, or 2 of them quit soon enough for it not to count, cause I ended up getting 300 kill xp.

The scoreboard said 5/7. It doesn't matter to me really, but that's gotta suck for players that need the xp.

For me I guess it's more of an OCD thing. It's slightly less satisfying to see a lower score for what was done.

I'd also like to suggest, as a proactive measure, to let Jason get the kill and xp for anyone that quits within the range of his music. Before all the new players started dominating the lobbies, a lot of people started to quit when they knew they had no chance, meaning as Jason breaks a door down, while they're in the cabin with no knife; they wait until the door is fully broken to show Jason that they're leaving.