Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If you want to be fast, highly survivable, good in combat, pick Chad or Vanessa. Buggzy is also acceptable if you like to kill Jason and are willing to get the mask off earlier so you can die and become Tommy.

If you want to repair, pick Deborah or Lachappa depending on how much you value more weapon durability. AJ can work but she's just a worse Deborah.

If you want someone who can do a little of everything, pick Kenny, Adam or Fox. Adam is nice because you can treat him like a repair character, but once Jason has decided he's going to kill you, you can grab a machete and try to get the mask off before you die. There's a chance you could then kill Jason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually play as Mitch...mainly because Chuck from pt 3 is one of my favorite characters in the whole franchise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FantasticFreno said:

I play on random. That way they game stays interesting and I can play differently each time I play.

Basically i would recommend that too, but there is jenny. Or Tiffany on small maps. Don´t like Foxy. Eric is also a char i only play when i feel like. I change them after 2 games max, manually usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Suggestions.

Protector/Demasker: Chad/Buggzy

Distraction: Chad/Buggzy/Vanessa

Stealth: AJ/Tiffany/     Go AJ if you want to sneak around and repair, Tiffany is more of a delivery person.

Repair: Deborah/Lachappa/Mitch   Yes, I added Mitch even though he only has 8 repair. But he has high enough stats on the other areas to make him more balanced.

Middle of the road characters: Adam/Fox (These characters are good at everything, can attack/defend and repair and Run, all good but not great)

But all in all, it comes down to your play style. I personally play Random so I'm not stuck playing my preferred play style, give myself a bit more of a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

My Suggestions.

Protector/Demasker: Chad/Buggzy

Distraction: Chad/Buggzy/Vanessa

Stealth: AJ/Tiffany/     Go AJ if you want to sneak around and repair, Tiffany is more of a delivery person.

Repair: Deborah/Lachappa/Mitch   Yes, I added Mitch even though he only has 8 repair. But he has high enough stats on the other areas to make him more balanced.

Middle of the road characters: Adam/Fox (These characters are good at everything, can attack/defend and repair and Run, all good but not great)

But all in all, it comes down to your play style. I personally play Random so I'm not stuck playing my preferred play style, give myself a bit more of a challenge.

Jenny shoudl be in your stealth this. Evem though her "Stealth" stat is lower, it's still high and  both AJ and Tiffany will usually get sensed and found before Jenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CPLhicks31 said:

Jenny shoudl be in your stealth this. Evem though her "Stealth" stat is lower, it's still high and  both AJ and Tiffany will usually get sensed and found before Jenny.

Not when I am running with Homebody and Level headed, Normally I am one of the last people found unless he catches me outright trying to repair something.  I have had several matches that those 2 little perks saved my butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Not when I am running with Homebody and Level headed, Normally I am one of the last people found unless he catches me outright trying to repair something.  I have had several matches that those 2 little perks saved my butt.

This still leads to my point though. Jenny with Home body and level headed will be even harder to find than AJ, and much harder to find than Tiffany. I am by no means saying Jenny is better than either of these characters, I was simply saying that you should include her with those characters because Jason will have just as hard of a time finding her, if not more so. Even though her stealth stat is good but not great, Jenny is very well suited to a stealth playstyle, which seemed to be what you were recommending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beginners should use Chad and chase Jason util you're good at combat and kiting... then Eric when it gets too easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanessa and Chad are good for all situations on all maps, especially Jarvis. You might mess up a repair here or there, but you have speed to burn if Jason shows up. If you wanna all around Badass who can do it all use Adam or Foxy when you unlock her. Run of the mill would be Jenny and Kenny, they do ok but I think Jenny is the better of the two. If you want stealth AJ Is good, Deb and Eric are ok too. Speed kills so can't say I recommend the stealthy characters as they are terrible in that department. As long as you're doing ok with a character, run with them for a bit and get to know your limits. Fight if that's your thing, otherwise be sneaky and swoop in on items on the map and fix what you can. Plus perks can make quite a difference, example put sucker punch on Chad with a wrench and go to work. Try to enhance their strengths whenever possible, it can really have an impact on your play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part Runners: Tiffany/Vanessa

Stealthy: Jenny/Tiffany/A.J/Deborah/Lachappa

Repairer: A.J/Deborah/Lachappa/Fox/Adam/Maaaybe Kenny/Mitch

Fighters: Adam/Buggzy/Chad/Jenny (cause of that juicy luck)

Rounded: Adam/Kenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daminus said:

Part Runners: Tiffany/Vanessa

Stealthy: Jenny/Tiffany/A.J/Deborah/Lachappa

Repairer: A.J/Deborah/Lachappa/Fox/Adam/Maaaybe Kenny/Mitch

Fighters: Adam/Buggzy/Chad/Jenny (cause of that juicy luck)

Rounded: Adam/Kenny

Good summary except I'd add Fox to the balanced list, and i'd include Chad with the part runners as well as fighters.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running/Escaping/Couriering: Vanessa (best speed/stamina, but noisy), Buggzy (2nd best, noisy, but also strong) or Tiffany (3rd best, but also sneaky)

Fighting: Chad (Jason stuns) or Buggzy (Jason kills)

Fixing: Deborah (speedy repairs) or AJ (sneaky repairs)

Switching roles: Fox (acceptable mobility, good damage, good repair)

I can't recommend LaChappa, Kenny, Adam, Jenny or Mitch. Whatever you want them to do, other characters do it better.

LaChappa is the single most vulnerable character in the game, and his compensation of high repair isn't worth it, as it's only marginally better than much more survivable characters. Kenny is in theory an all-rounder, but he's spread too evenly over poor skills. Fox and Adam have better relevant skills at the expense of worse non-relevant skills.

Adam has almost the same stats as Fox, but Fox pips him with due to being female, so able to also fulfil the sweater-wearer role, making her truly able to do anything the team needs. It's a minor difference, but is enough to mean she arguably obsoletes him in the role he fits best. Jenny and Mitch are Composure characters, but Composure really isn't that great an ability. Mitch can at least repair, but again, there's other characters with better secondary skills that are just as good as him at the one relavent thing he excels at.

Buggzy and Vanessa being noisy can be a drawback, as it will bring Jason to you, but can also be a strength if you want to use those characters to distract and kite Jason away from teammates who are working on objectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×