Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
havek

F13 Official Discord

Recommended Posts

Just found out that there is an official discord server for the game with ben etc and everyone on it(derp). I'm also looking for adults with mics to play f13 with so pm me, I am level 101.

discord.gg/fridaythe13thgame    is the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,it's the go to "official" place.

 It's somehow more official than the official forums because as Ben once stated,forums are dated and no one really uses them anymore. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Ben once stated, forums are dated and no one really uses them anymore

Forums in general or these forums?

Either way that helps clear things up a little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Forums in general or these forums?

Either way that helps clear things up a little. 

In general. It was during a time when everyone was sick of having to check twitter/facebook/reddit/forums/discord all for different information,with the unofficial (at the time) discord getting the most updates/inside information.

Full post can be read here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no official Discord.

There is a Discord, mentioned above, that you can interact with the Illphonic developers more. They have a live bug assistance there. It's entirely fan run so be cautious that bans are given out on a whim by the Discord's owner and mods if your views don't align with theirs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

There is no official Discord.

There is a Discord, mentioned above, that you can interact with the Illphonic developers more. They have a live bug assistance there. It's entirely fan run so be cautious that bans are given out on a whim by the Discord's owner and mods if your views don't align with theirs.

Bewareofmods

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please be advised that there is not an official discord. The one above is fan run. If anyone likes discord, it's worth joining up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

There is no official Discord.

There is a Discord, mentioned above, that you can interact with the Illphonic developers more. They have a live bug assistance there. It's entirely fan run so be cautious that bans are given out on a whim by the Discord's owner and mods if your views don't align with theirs.

Their server is dying right now. I blame the oversensitive mods there and the lack of updates from the devs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MasterMeat said:

Their server is dying right now. I blame the oversensitive mods there and the lack of updates from the devs. 

That's not too surprising. Even the forums have seen a decent decline.

Discord is another flash in the pan social media/chat platform. It was always disappointing to see how much attention and information was given to the Discord considering it's fan run and is behind an invite wall. It's seems more open now but there was a time where it definitely was not. My only real issue is that official forums were neglected while a random teenager's fan run Discord was put on a pedestal.

Maintaining interesting in this game is difficult even for those of us who have been here a while. There's quite a few who have been here a while longer than myself. Even though there is an update coming, it's been an abandoned game (or abandoned community) in a lot of respects. It would go a long ways to give a weekly or bi-weekly general update or- simply engage the community. Engaging people on Twitter and Facebook doesn't count as they're generally generic responses.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with bewareofbears on this. They're like the "friend" who is on their way to pick you up and never shows only to have a lame excuse as to why they didn't pick up a phone to call/text. 

 

A little communication would go a long way.

There's no way you guys are so busy you can't check in here and talk once a week or something. I work 60 hours a week and still check in here daily. May not post daily, but I also didn't make any $$$ off the game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mehtevas69 said:

I agree with bewareofbears on this. They're like the "friend" who is on their way to pick you up and never shows only to have a lame excuse as to why they didn't pick up a phone to call/text. 

 

A little communication would go a long way.

There's no way you guys are so busy you can't check in here and talk once a week or something. I work 60 hours a week and still check in here daily. May not post daily, but I also didn't make any $$$ off the game. 

Agreed. At peak times I can clock up to around 90 hours a week and I still have time to check the net when I want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 7:32 PM, havek said:

Just found out that there is an official discord server for the game with ben etc and everyone on it(derp). I'm also looking for adults with mics to play f13 with so pm me, I am level 101.

discord.gg/fridaythe13thgame    is the server.

You seriously couldn't post the link?

https://discordapp.com/invite/fridaythe13thgame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, havek said:

I did post the link lol I think you just didn't see it because it's highlighted white

It's not clickable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 8:42 PM, thatdudescott said:

Yeah,it's the go to "official" place.

 It's somehow more official than the official forums because as Ben once stated,forums are dated and no one really uses them anymore. 

It's the same problem with communication seen with so many other titles.  "Official" Discord Servers, Reddit & Twitter accounts, not to mention developers leaking info on personal accounts... It's a real issue with gaming right now, and it leads to a fractured, disjointed message.

 

Studios/developers need to hire communications directors who know what they're doing, and aren't a nepotism selection.  Not saying that it's the case here, but anyone with a useless Communications degree can tell you that the way the game studios treat user interaction is by and large a joke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[IllFonic]Courier, you guys should move your 'Live Bug Assistance' from the Discord to here. The official website links here. Why would anyone search out a fan-run Discord for bug assistance?

You realize that someone not affiliated with Gun or Illphonic can block access to your bug assistance at their own discretion? Doesn't that seem like a poor choice on Illphonic's part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it´s not a poor choice it is a horrible one. also "forums are dated"? are we dealing with a freaking hipster here? look at this forum. it´s pretty active....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...