sugoiboi

Anybody else feel like being a counselor is too easy?

Personally, the meta with this game makes the game feel way too easy as a counselor for me. I personally get little to no enjoyment out of playing a counselor. the only way its difficult now is if you have bad teammates which i dont really have an issue with since i have a regular group i play with.

also slightly off topic but FUCK that long picnic table

The vast majority of players do. Especially those that have been playing since the beta and full release. It was actually a survival horror game when first released, but a recent patch has nullified Jason to somewhat of a laughable joke so the game doesn't really fit within that genre as it stands. They are working to address this though, we can only hope they do so successfully.

• Like 4

Yep way too easy. Especially if your in a lobby of 101 players. They know the maps like the back of their hand and use microphones. I have seen the police get called two minutes into a match with such players. Jason isn't what he used to be either. You really have to run down your prey. The windows protect the Councilors from damage and since he dosen't land as many grabs as he used to almost every Councilor has a pocket knife. Parts being seen on the map is cutting into Jason's kill rate also. I can go on and on.

• Like 3

Even with an experienced Jason it's still easy as a counselor and the tension is gone. His traps are now a nonissue, his grab went from too long to broken where grabs that obviously should go off do not, counselors no longer take damage while going through windows, Jason can't freely break windows quick and easy, doors are still wonky, all of the Jason weapon hitboxes are all over the place, small fences don't break like they should. Sadly people want an easy time as counselor. To be able to dance and teabag and in general be a toxic player to the people who are Jason because somehow that makes them amazing. A game that used to make you happy to be placed as Jason now makes you groan because you know the game favors the counselors. 

This really disappoints me because early on they were all about Jason being top dog. Wonder where all that went now that they have everyones money who gave a shit? If people can't have fun as counselor when the odds are severely stacked against them then they're playing the wrong fucking game. Well, they should be playing the wrong game, but after the last few updates it's catered entirely for them. That'll surely get all them twitch views and extra sales, right? "Epic lol for the win!" etc? 

• Like 3

I think it's more to do with how Jason has been nerfed to the point where he's no longer the credible threat he originally was, and it's especially notable if you play as Jason with a less than adequate connection.

It's funny that I used to think that Jason was horribly overpowered, whereas before the nerf, a group of Counselors could easily work together to take him out. Nowadays, it's a playground where Jason is the one kid that everyone picks on.

Well before the nerfs he was overpowered, but in a good way. Some teamwork and even sacrifice could get you some escapes which is how it should work. The one buff to counselors and nerf to Jason that was sadly needed was the team kill. This gave counselors free reign to all smack Jason around with no fear of killing a friend. Something should be implemented or changed so that it feels risky to go save someone from Jason. Perhaps make it so for a second after someone is saved Jason can still move and swing his weapon instead of being in a long stun animation? Getting near Jason should be something most want to avoid, outside of maybe strength counselors who want to go up against him to get his mask off or even sacrifice themselves to help others. Beyond that Jason should make you shit your pants if he comes by. Make it so there's some repercussion for trying to save someone from Jason. 

Yet even after the team kill thing was changed, and again I know it had to be done, they kept tweaking the game in favor of counselors. If counselors complained about Jasons traps all they had to say was "use a pocket knife, watch where you're going, or don't try to tank them". Yet they raised the placement radius because how dare Jason try to make his traps an actual threat. If the radius change was to avoid being pushed into the second trap, again, don't try to tank them or be more mindful. If people complained that objective items get lost out in the woods somewhere all they had to say was "get better teammates or use voice chat". Yet they gave large spotlights to the objective items, destroying the asymmetrical nature of the game, giving counselors a nigh free pass for getting objectives done, and removing yet another style of play for Jason. What's the point in singling out the person with the gas out in the woods when everyone is going to know where it is? Same with the windows being free passes now. If someone just started the window animation you're better off just getting started on the door because there's no point trying to do anything at the window. 

So instead of Jason being horribly overpowered (as he SHOULD be) he's just a guy that goes around not being feared and lucky if the cops aren't called right away. Would they change Jason into a puppy if people complained Jason was too scary looking? Anyone with a decent idea of how horror games work, and how the F13 movie franchise works, would know that the counselors should be at a severe disadvantage. They should be prepared to die. It's Friday the 13th. You should start that game up knowing you are already dead. You play counselor for the tension of dealing with an insanely over powered Jason and the satisfaction of escaping on the off chance you happen to. Then when you're Jason you get to feel empowered chasing these intruders in your camp. As of now it feels the exact opposite. Gun, you dun fucked it up. 

• Like 2

I'm a very good Jason, play him as much as I can (Preferably part 4 Jason) and kill everyone. As a counselor juke Jason whole match, or escape with someone else. Its not easy or hard to play as a counselor. People also make a huge deal about how you can't kill anyone as Jason or its difficult. Though everyone has different game play, its not hard. I play as Jason 4 times within a 2-3 hour period and kill between 6-8 people every one of those matches. So, no its not to easy to be a counselor yet its not to hard either. Depends on how you play, for me its a glorious escape every freaking match, for you, it may be a dead end. :P 

2 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

I'm a very good Jason, play him as much as I can (Preferably part 4 Jason) and kill everyone. As a counselor juke Jason whole match, or escape with someone else. Its not easy or hard to play as a counselor. People also make a huge deal about how you can't kill anyone as Jason or its difficult. Though everyone has different game play, its not hard. I play as Jason 4 times within a 2-3 hour period and kill between 6-8 people every one of those matches. So, no its not to easy to be a counselor yet its not to hard either. Depends on how you play, for me its a glorious escape every freaking match, for you, it may be a dead end. :P 

So your play style as Jason is fine, bravo. Before Jason had a lot of options and now they're very slim with Counselors getting tweaks and buffs in their favor all the time. I don't see how anyone can play the game often and not see the big lean in counselors favor as of the last few patches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People you see saying they still get 8/8 kills are usually people who are level 101 or close playing with new players. Once said players run into a semi-competent lobby, they get destroyed as Jason. 

I watched a friend play a game of F13 today, and Jason quit. He managed to get one or two kills before the car was started but the other counselors were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

One of the few games I've played since the game-killing patch, I called the cops inside the first 4 minutes. Someone had dropped the fuse in front of the fuse box. I took my ONLY knife, disarmed Jason's trap (smh) and called. In QP. Without any friends playing with me.

We had the perfect Friday the 13th game, and now it's gone.

It was fun while it lasted....

I think some people forget that without Jason, there is no game. Having the game competitively balanced benefits all players and as it stands, the balance is heavily weighted towards counselors.

Gun stated Jason is meant to be overpowered. Jason is currently underpowered.

I think this whole thing stems from spectating to be honest. People hate that they have to spectate so they gave counselors more options to extend the game but in doing so, they destroyed the balance instead of fixing the actual probelm: spectating. Folks should be able to leave when they die and join a new lobby immediately without penalty.

• Like 5

I may be a horrible counselor but a better Jason. I still die quite frequently as a counselor but then again I am the only one trying to complete objectives so there is that also. 

I find it super easy when everyone has a mic and works together. If I am by myself, no one has a mic, I normally die, because I am trying to fix things while others run into the woods and hide in tents or under the fucking bed for 15 minutes.

But I do have friends no matter what server we are on, go straight for the sweater ASAP and hunt down Jason... just beat on him and run around.. so yeah.

You have to be half asleep to get killed by Jason, right now. The only threats are the running Jasons.

The walking Jasons are a complete joke.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Caulus said:

Yep. I have to agree with this. I play Part 9 Jason, who only power walks and should I get a player that enjoys ring around the long table or tent, I can basically just write them off as an escape or survive. I will not play the ring around game. I will follow them a bit and attempt to use stalk and shift, but normally these players are spot on with this "feature" of the game. So I just leave them alone. Enjoy your escape points I tell them. I wont rage quit, I'll finish the game. Back to the lobby, if they stay in there, I leave for another game. No need for my fun to be soured by someone that always uses this "feature".

I use the word "feature" because its not an exploit or a bug/glitch, its part of the game the devs didn't think about, or if they did, they need to be punched in the face.

What really kills me and makes me laugh, if I stay and watch these people use this method in every match.....but the MOMENT they are caught.. you see the disconnect show up as they are getting killed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Counselor is easier.

Its undeniable.

You can still kill as Jason, but the learning curve favors counselor far more.

- Broken melee

- Broken windows

- Needing near perfect grabs

- Counselors having bigger hitboxes to hit Jason with

• Like 1

It's only somewhat easy when the Jason player is new and doesnt have a clue what he's doing. Anyone with a bit of knowledge becomes a challenge, and someone who's a good Jason It's GG unless you work together, even then most will likely die. This has been my experience anyway.

9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Counselor is easier.

Its undeniable.

You can still kill as Jason, but the learning curve favors counselor far more.

- Broken melee

- Broken windows

- Needing near perfect grabs

- Counselors having bigger hitboxes to hit Jason with

I'm pretty sure the window thing was intentional. I remember they patched it in. And btw you can still hit them when they go through windows ;)

21 hours ago, Caulus said:

You have to be half asleep to get killed by Jason, right now. The only threats are the running Jasons.

May god or whatever deity one worships smile upon you if you happen to play Jason 7. With his god awful stats and the state the game is in now, he may as well be taken off the list of playable Jasons. 

"Just get good as Jason lol" is not at all acceptable reasoning for Jason being so bad. By this logic we should all have been bitching at counselors for being stupid or not working together or giving a bit of sacrifice to ensure others escape and just told them "get good".  Instead of giving them constant buffs and Jason constant nerfs. That'd sour the super elite fun for the big bad ultra counselors though, and apparently people who like playing Jason and thinking them getting 12/8 counselors even in the garbage state the game is in matters. All because Hungrybox is amazing as Jigglypuff in Smash doesn't mean she isn't bottom of the barrel tier and need serious buffs. Your logic is flawed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

I'm pretty sure the window thing was intentional. I remember they patched it in. And btw you can still hit them when they go through windows ;)

You can only hit them at the start of the window crawling animation. When they're sitting on the frame they're shielded by an invisible barrier. ;)

On 12/11/2017 at 6:52 AM, bewareofbears said:

I think some people forget that without Jason, there is no game. Having the game competitively balanced benefits all players and as it stands, the balance is heavily weighted towards counselors.

Gun stated Jason is meant to be overpowered. Jason is currently underpowered.

I think this whole thing stems from spectating to be honest. People hate that they have to spectate so they gave counselors more options to extend the game but in doing so, they destroyed the balance instead of fixing the actual probelm: spectating. Folks should be able to leave when they die and join a new lobby immediately without penalty.

I agree with this statement 100%.

my opinion remove those epic perks where you can ground jason in 1 hit if am jason and play with experienced group they all come togheter and i get knocked down by somebody with a pan ..... i get up get knocked down by axe than by bat than again with pan ........people knocked down with a simple pan ???if you play with jason in experienced group its jason masacre time and i noticed today 6 people around me close as it gets jason mis grab every time or i played with a clan i dont know but 1 thing is for sure if i play with part 8 manhatten jason and i hit people with axe and they keep stay alive and i get hit by stupid pan and fall down get stunned they where just laughing with me all the time maybe give jason the pan and he get the overhand......in teamwork i understand its difficult to do a kill but something have to be done on the balance new players playing as jason against group full with epic perks ruins the game and scare them away jason is no killer in this game its a punching bag where everybody laugh with jason have to be the overpowered killer and what i noticed also if you shift its almost not to control to where you want to move to sometimes you move forward and want to go side ways you keep going forward ending to a tree or something other stupid object and what irretates me the most if jason hunts you and press map and go out of map you stop moving and jason can grab you if i press forward and look fast on my map quick and release map button i still want to be moving not suddenly stop and jason grab me easily thats a point to consider by the dev and yeah counselors have it to easily if they are exp and working togheter with all epic perks on jason get no chance and defenitly if he is a beginner the game isnt all to bad but you have to find your way in the begin as counselor and as jason either and almost everybody takes running jason off course he can run without coming exhausted this game still need lot of improvements on both sides to find the right balance ....and certainly jason perspective against counselor ......what should be good point that the not running jasons can have better shift control to come near a counselor and little longer grab distance and a running jason less shift control and less grab distance something like that maybe ?else if you shift and cant almost control every counselor can run away like nothing thats a big text but lot of things to consider it thanks for reading this and hope dev are something with it have nice play all

On 12/12/2017 at 11:10 PM, Caulus said:

I completely agree with this. Walking Jasons are hardly threatening, especially if you’re after a Bugzy or Vanessa since they can just jog to get away from you. And with Jason’s horrible grab it’s difficult to pull off shift-grabs anymore.

I used to be able to kill all or most of the counselors pretty regularly, but now that jason has been nerfed, i'm happy if i can kill half of them.  Jason is a joke now, and i dont enjoy playing nearly as much as before.  I'll miss grabs and axe swings while i'm practically touching the counselor i'm chasing.  They should split the difference between the previous stats and the nerf from the last update. 

They should also make it so that it costs something to mark item locations on the map, like you can drop the car battery and then fire off a flare or firecrackers to let everybody know where it is.  If you have no flares or firecrackers, then the counselors will have to find the car battery the old fashioned way.