TomDice

What are the chances of adding an additional bullet

What are the odds of adding maybe an additional bullet to be found in one of the drawers in a cabin during a match. Maybe there can be one less pocket knife as a trade off. Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

2 hours ago, TomDice said:

What are the odds of adding maybe an additional bullet to be found in one of the drawers in a cabin during a match. Maybe there can be one less pocket knife as a trade off. Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

Jason gets shot to many times as it is , and you want more bullets ...... well this is why the game is in such a sorry state right now

53 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Remove tommy's health spray, give his shotgun two bullets.

I would prefer that they remove his pocket knife, not the health spray.

They would have to spend more of their mocap budget to create a reload animation so it is doubtful they would do this at this state in the game but it would definitely be welcome.

• Like 1

Small maps have 2 guns + Tommy that's already 3 bullets plus the 3-4 flare guns which effectively is about 7 bullets. No more bullets are needed. If we're on regular maps then 5-6 "bullets"

5 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I would prefer that they remove his pocket knife, not the health spray.

They would have to spend more of their mocap budget to create a reload animation so it is doubtful they would do this at this state in the game but it would definitely be welcome.

I like the knife because it encourages Tommy to disarm a trap, giving the counsellors more reason to work late game on objectives rather than hide in the woods. It also encourages Jason to go for other counsellors first instead of Tommy, which I also like. 

Well even if they added it he’d just sit right up after being shot anyway.

might be an interesting thing to see another shell in that shotgun, maybe it appears in the inventory and you have to hit the button to load it up.... BUT for that to happen, I'd say drop a bunch of other things to balance it. remove pocket knives and a flare gun.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:38 PM, CPLhicks31 said:

I say remove the bullets and put the health sprays in the shotgun. He can shoot health sprays at counselors like a tee-shirt canon at the ballgame. 

On 12/9/2017 at 2:04 PM, TomDice said:

What are the odds of adding maybe an additional bullet to be found in one of the drawers in a cabin during a match. Maybe there can be one less pocket knife as a trade off. 

There should be one less shotgun as a trade off.

On December 9, 2017 at 8:22 PM, TomDice said:

I said “bullet” not bullets dummy. But thank you for your cynical response. The game is in such a sorry state because players are spoiled and want something more than what it is. If you can’t take any joy away from playing this game, do yourself a favor and play something else instead of crying about it. 

the point is one bullet is enough 

On 12/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, TomDice said:

I said “bullet” not bullets dummy. But thank you for your cynical response. The game is in such a sorry state because players are spoiled and want something more than what it is. If you can’t take any joy away from playing this game, do yourself a favor and play something else instead of crying about it. 

Wow. Someone disagrees with you, so you resort to calling them elementary grade-level names and telling them to go away? Dude, seriously. Grow up. A forum is for discussion. Not, "You better agree with me or else I'mma call you a 'dummy'." That's why your post got deleted. Please take a quick gander at the forum rules, and I'm sure your future responses will be much more understanding and helpful. 

On 12/9/2017 at 8:38 PM, CPLhicks31 said:

Remove Tommy's pocket knife...There is no need for it. It makes him way more powerful then he already is with 10/10 on every stat. Packanack for instance has two shotguns, when really Tommy should be the only one coming into the match with a gun. Jason is so weak right now, and all everyone wants is more and more for counselors. This is EXACTLY why the game is not going to have a good future because of people who want counselors to be even stronger!

1 hour ago, TiffanyCox said:

Remove Tommy's pocket knife...There is no need for it. It makes him way more powerful then he already is with 10/10 on every stat. Packanack for instance has two shotguns, when really Tommy should be the only one coming into the match with a gun. Jason is so weak right now, and all everyone wants is more and more for counselors. This is EXACTLY why the game is not going to have a good future because of people who want counselors to be even stronger!

I like the pocket knife. A helpful Tommy will either use it to protect sweater girl or disarm a trap, encouraging other counsellors to work on objectives late game or attempt to kill Jason rather than get a time survival hiding. Tommy's knife mixes up gameplay late round and when used on traps, encourages the remaining counsellors to reveal themselves and keep helping.

I dont want counsellors to be stronger and have never ever claimed that. However, I like Tommy having a knife because it helps keeps the late game stages from being the same jerks hiding in a closet or crouching on a rock.

Plus, it encourages Jason to go for other counselors first. 

12 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I like the pocket knife. A helpful Tommy will either use it to protect sweater girl or disarm a trap, encouraging other counsellors to work on objectives late game or attempt to kill Jason rather than get a time survival hiding. Tommy's knife mixes up gameplay late round and when used on traps, encourages the remaining counsellors to reveal themselves and keep helping.

I dont want counsellors to be stronger and have never ever claimed that. However, I like Tommy having a knife because it helps keeps the late game stages from being the same jerks hiding in a closet or crouching on a rock.

Plus, it encourages Jason to go for other counselors first. 

I understand what you mean. But if we are being fair and honest here, most people who play Tommy are horrible at it. I run across Tommy's as Jason and they completely miss me with the shotgun, and let themselves get grabbed, and do nothing. Some even run to the exit and just wait for police or a car to roll by. Yes, there are many good Tommy's who protect other counselors and don't let them die. That's why as Jason stalk is great, for that one time someone strays away from the group, but its hard to give the pro's the things they need but yet give the noobs something that they don't even use wisely. It is there fault for not playing right, but we have to be fair. I would 100% agree with you if people actually played Tommy the way he should be played.

Hunting Jason with one bullet makes as much sense as getting to your cabin, removing the battery, draining the gas, and then hiding your keys and the gas and battery all over the campground.  All of those actions still make more sense than ever camping at crystal lake after Part 1 in the movies though, so its all good.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I understand what you mean. But if we are being fair and honest here, most people who play Tommy are horrible at it. I run across Tommy's as Jason and they completely miss me with the shotgun, and let themselves get grabbed, and do nothing. Some even run to the exit and just wait for police or a car to roll by. Yes, there are many good Tommy's who protect other counselors and don't let them die. That's why as Jason stalk is great, for that one time someone strays away from the group, but its hard to give the pro's the things they need but yet give the noobs something that they don't even use wisely. It is there fault for not playing right, but we have to be fair. I would 100% agree with you if people actually played Tommy the way he should be played.

Absolutely. Hard to give the pros the tools they need yet give the noobs something to waste. Very well said. For me, we need to at least encourage positive gameplay and that's why the knife stays in for me. There is a plethora of useless, pathetic Tommy's but there are lots of helpful ones too (or ones who at least try to be helpful). For me it is 50/50 which is actually an improvement over before.

That said, I wish Tommy did not have 10/10 stealth. His stealth, if it were up to me, would be 1/10 because he wants Jason's attention. 

• Like 2