Sign in to follow this  
Rexfellis

Freaking snow in Southern Louisiana!

Snow is a rare occurrence in this entire state for the most part, and it is almost unheard of this far south. I live in Metairie, just outside New Orleans. We just got flurries here, but I took the kiddo to his momo's house, and we had a snowball fight and built a deformed snowman. It's the first time in his 6 years on this rock to actually be able to play in the snow. He was pretty excited! Fun day!

Where I live, there's snowfall at least half of the year. I don't mind it though, it tends to keep people honest as well as scare away the riff raff.

It snowed here in Austin TX as well! Not enough to do anything with it, just a layer of snow over everything, but it was nice to see. Haven't seen snow since I lived in Colorado over 7 years ago.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:10 PM, Rexfellis said:

Snow is a rare occurrence in this entire state for the most part, and it is almost unheard of this far south. I live in Metairie, just outside New Orleans. We just got flurries here, but I took the kiddo to his momo's house, and we had a snowball fight and built a deformed snowman. It's the first time in his 6 years on this rock to actually be able to play in the snow. He was pretty excited! Fun day!

I'm up in Illinois and we haven't gotten more than like 1 inch...

I just spent $660 on a snowblower too... We better get some damn snow this year!

4 hours ago, Truth said:

I'm up in Illinois and we haven't gotten more than like 1 inch...

I just spent $660 on a snowblower too... We better get some damn snow this year!

Have faith man! Winter doesn't even officially start until the 21st. I spent most of a winter in McCook one year, and we definitely didn't have a shortage of snow. I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out that snowblower. Or, maybe you shoulda just spent $6 more on it. :lol: