AJ_isoverrated

My experience after coming back to the game 2 months later

So sometime around October,I left the game because of newer games that were coming out.But just today I decided to put it back on because I missed all the fun I had with the game and here's my experience.

FIRST GAME:- 

About 2 minutes into searching,I found a game and I'm surprised I don't  have 300 ping because I'm  put in an American  lobby,everything looks good so far.I Spawn in and immediately find a battery and the phone fuse I saw Jason on my minimap so I assumed that's where the phone was,I went there and it turns out Jason had put a terrible trap near it which I was able to easily evade and was able to fix the phone box.I go in call the cops and immediately,Jason rage quits meaning I probably wasted about 10 minutes.

Second game:-

Staying in the same lobby I get into the second game,my teammate called the cops less than 5 minutes into the game,I assume the Jason is inexperienced and don't think much of it.Then after spending about 4 minutes searching for items,just as the cops are about to arrive,Jason leaves,either rage quitting or because he was AFK and came back to a losing game.

Third game:-

I join a new lobby and get into my third game,everything is looking good,I just found the gas and I was near the 4-seater,I go put the gas in it and as soon as I do that a Chad comes running towards the car with a battery but instead of dropping it to me (Playing fox) he decides to fix it himself,this bothered me a bit but I didn't care much,he starts the car and does nothing but drive in circles and stops near the exit and honk pretty much playing with Jason,About 5 minutes or so Jason finally stops the car and catches one of us and kills them.Turns out he was the host so he left and the game ended for everyone meaning I just wasted about 15 minutes.

I probably wasted an hour+ without being able to complete a single game.

TL;DR

I couldn't even finish a single game due to trolls and rage quitters and ultimately wasted more than an hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

TL;DR

I couldn't even finish a single game due to trolls and rage quitters and ultimately wasted more than an hour.

I had this issue earlier in the week, only managed to complete about 3 out of 15 games. One of the ones we finished through pure spite only to leave that lobby after the match since Jason and someone was working together so bad like blocking windows, leading Jason to people and running folk over. 

I'm really looking forward to playing more tonight but after wasting so much time on rage quitting hosts I can see why people don't come back to it as much.

I've had many simmilar experiences but mostly I find ok groups in qp on ps4. The issues I struggle with are mostly balance related. Though connection timeouts and quiting hosts are a major problem.

The main (and major) issues at the moment are:

1) Jason is too weak due to all his nerfs. As many people have taken their preference off him, and he's often overwhelmed in matches, with no space to learn, players are getting very little experience with him, making him play even worse.

2) As a result of being too weak, many Jasons frequently quit out of frustration, ending matches too early.

3) As a result of matches being non-competitive, counselors skills have eroded significantly, making matches far less strategic, and atmosphere-destroying trolling out of boredom has risen considerably.

4) Item marking has also made matches far too unstrategic by giving everyone constant, perfect information. It not only undermines the strategic nature of the chat system, but makes matches run faster (further weakening Jason as he relies on timed ability cooldowns) and undermines the atmosphere by removing the unknown and unpredictable factors of the game - despite both being core horror tropes.

5) On top of marking undermining core mechanics, Medic as a perk does too. It makes looping far too easy, regardless of if the window is broken or on a second floor, and traps trivial to tank. As Jason's grab has been nerfed, it makes his backup method of killing (slashing) far less reliable too. Again, this not only ruins the game's complexity, but destroys the atmosphere by removing tension and risk from a lot of scenarios.

6) Due to not having dedicated servers, hosts quitting the matches end the match for everyone.

7) Even if the match does not collapse, you relatively regularly get kicked out of matches and lobbies due too due to connection timeout errors.

8) There's still a large variety of bugs, ranging from frustrating (like the frame rate issues), to match ending (such as getting stuck opening drawers, or Jason not being able to do anything).

All of these issues mean you get a frustrating amount of non-games. The majority of matches are a cakewalk, where escaping is trivial, and there's zero atmosphere or tension, or you eventually get kicked out a lobby due to host quits or connection issues, or are forced to quit due to bugs.

In an evening, I can usually guarantee only 1 in 4 matches tops will be either competitive or fun, or even finish at all.

That's completely unacceptable.

The fact that the developers are directly responsible for a bunch of these issues, breaking stuff that already worked, and alternating between radio silence, and teasing content way too fucking early (and before the game's even in a playable state), just adds to the sense of frustration and hopelessness many people feel, which directly leads to people quitting for good.

• Like 3

and that new bug when Jason grabs you and he teleports away preventing grab saves.. it's so annoying..i failed two jason kills cuz of this today

it's like grab shifting but not intentional

21 minutes ago, Aaron said:

and that new bug when Jason grabs you and he teleports away preventing grab saves.. it's so annoying..i failed two jason kills cuz of this today

it's like grab shifting but not intentional

It is an old bug actually. Seen it occasionally since the first patch. It seems to have gotten more frequent as of late (since the last patch). Or maybe people are just mentioning it more. 

• Like 1

It's either the game not working due to bugs or servers issues or it's the terrible community that are doing nothing but trolling and ruining it for everyone else

The grab teleport as stated is an old issue, but very annoying.  I actually haven't seen it in a while.  Not sure what causes the issue.   

For me, this isn't the Jason game I was looking for, but it is the best we are gonna get for the time being (probably in my lifetime).   What bugs me the most are the inconsistencies.   Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes there are shades of once really great things (stopping a counselor from going through a window with a weapon hit), but once again... inconsistent.  Sometimes you are blocked by the invisible barrier.  Then there is the new way of trolling (ending the lobby for everyone).  The constant disconnects or host quitting is infuriating.   Is what it is I guess.  

• Like 1

I left around the same time as you, due to the weirdness that patch brought on...particularly the nerfs to Jason, and the exploiters being forgiven. Before that, I was a pretty dedicated player.

I was hoping I'd be able to take a break for a couple of months, and everything would be back to normal. Browsing around here on the forums it seems as though everything is somehow even worse though :( 

This sucks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Max Walker said:

Don't worry folks...fixes are "coming soon"

We have fixes...fixes I tells ya!

• Haha 1