With the new patch, campsites are finally going to contain items in order to give you a reason to visit them. This is great, but I also want graveyards to get a similar treatment.

On all the small maps and the Jarvis house, graveyards act as replacements for Jason's shack in the alternate spawns. As there's never anything there though, they're dead ends, provide no cover, and are off the beaten track, there's no reason to ever enter one. Only the main graveyard on Higgins contains items, and can be used en-route to somewhere else.

As graveyards are awesomely atmospheric, and contain the rarest (and one of the best) environment kills in the game, this is a shame they they never get used.

I'd personally love a Shovel weapon with great stats to spawn there to attract people. Maybe even a tape now and again? As they're alts to the shack, it'd be a good reward for brave explorers.

• Like 9

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing graveyards being a possible (but not guaranteed) location of jerry cans. It would be a great nod to Part 6, and it would put the most versatile objective part for vehicles in places that are typically dead ends.

Edit: Also, it wouldn't increase the normal number of jerry cans in a map, just that one of them could possibly spawn in a graveyard, making it more difficult for counselors to find parts.

Edited by Trident77
  • Like 5

Or  make there some kind of new item/interaction in the graveyard. I think if you go to a specific tombstone and read it you should make jason teleport into the graveyard with his morph put on slight cooldown so he can't just morph away again quickly.This will also create some interesting gameplay when you are trying to kill Jason and he is avoiding you because you have tommy and sweater. It will also provide some coordinated counterplay to trying to escape jason or distract him, but only can be used once per game. Jason might try and trap the tombstone as well.

• Like 1

@ZooMalfunction

Good post and thoughts.

I hadn't really realized how useless the graveyards were until I was made aware there was a kill there that is nearly impossible to get in a real game because no one goes there.

I'm hoping the way they boost campsites is with objective items and not more pocketknives and med sprays. Graveyards would also benefit from having objective items spawn there or be the only place you can find a certain weapon as you mentioned. 

The only reason people venture in to the grave yard is to find the teddy bear achievement..H20 delierious.

• Like 1

I know at least one map had a med spray (which I really needed at that time) and a baseball bat in the graveyard. I assumed it would be the case for all the maps. It should be.

• Like 1

This would be a good idea. I go there especially if I am on the Higgins Small map and the cops are called. There is usually a spray and/or weapon to fall back on. A nice place to plan your escape. If you dare 

42 minutes ago, krttucker2017 said:

This would be a good idea. I go there especially if I am on the Higgins Small map and the cops are called. There is usually a spray and/or weapon to fall back on. A nice place to plan your escape. If you dare 

I do the same thing, lol. I normally jog figure eight patterns around the headstones to not give Jason an easy target while I'm waiting.

There's an environmental kill in the graveyard? What is it, exactly? I honestly had no idea until now.

6 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

There's an environmental kill in the graveyard? What is it, exactly? I honestly had no idea until now.

I've never seen it or done it, but I did find a video of it.

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

I've never seen it or done it, but I did find a video of it

COOL. Well, aside from the clipping issue with her one leg, that is. Thanks for posting that.

Like everyone said, however, it's too bad that there's almost no reason to ever to to a graveyard (aside from the occasional med spray) to have the chance to do it.

They give me med spray

I was limping over there one round, Jason right behind me

So it was enough purpose for me even though I died

15 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

COOL. Well, aside from the clipping issue with her one leg, that is. Thanks for posting that.

Like everyone said, however, it's too bad that there's almost no reason to ever to to a graveyard (aside from the occasional med spray) to have the chance to do it.

I had heard about a graveyard environmental kill before, but I never bothered looking for it until this thread came up and made me curious.

I wish the graveyard had more purpose. It's perfect for the atmosphere of the game, especially part VI Jason. Maybe it is something in the works. It would be cool if there was more reason to go there except for an occasional med spray or bat. Or, to check out H20 Delerious' grave and teddy bear.

This what I’ve found:

1. There’s always a weapon (axe or machete) in the graveyard.

2. There’s a really good chance you’ll find med spray there as well.

Usually if I’m playing Higgins Haven and I’m on my way to Blair’s Cove I swing by the graveyard if I need a spray. But I agree, adding an objective item to the graveyard would be cool.

Also, there are two environmental kills you can do. Jason can impale the the councelor on the fence and he can smash their face into the gravestones. I wish they would put the spike fence in other places because it’s a nasty and cool kill. 

If you haven’t found it, there’s a secret achievement you can pick up by stunning Jason in front of the teddy bear.

1 hour ago, shodan said:

This what I’ve found:

1. There’s always a weapon (axe or machete) in the graveyard.

2. There’s a really good chance you’ll find med spray there as well.

Usually if I’m playing Higgins Haven and I’m on my way to Blair’s Cove I swing by the graveyard if I need a spray. But I agree, adding an objective item to the graveyard would be cool.

Also, there are two environmental kills you can do. Jason can impale the the councelor on the fence and he can smash their face into the gravestones. I wish they would put the spike fence in other places because it’s a nasty and cool kill. 

If you haven’t found it, there’s a secret achievement you can pick up by stunning Jason in front of the teddy bear.

The items you're talking about are only at the main Higgins graveyard - the one I specifically said was an exception from this rule. I'm referring to the alts for Jason's shack. As they're dead ends, and contain nothing, as soon as you see the fence, you know to turn back. There's zero reason to enter. Higgins is the opposite. It's got a weapon and a spray, and can be used as a pitstop on the way to a police exit.

The headstone kill isn't really unique, as you can do the same animation off tables and dressers too.

The teddy bear achievement is Steam only as far as I'm aware. It's not on the PS4 at least.

1 minute ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The teddy bear achievement is Steam only as far as I'm aware. It's not on the PS4 at least.

Last time I played on the Xbox, it wasn't on there either. I think you are right, and it is Steam only. Makes sense, since H2ODelirious is a PC player.

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Their also adding another graveyard kill. It's where Jason takes a tombstone out of the ground and beats them with it.

While I concur, more happening at graveyards would be nice, I also kind of like them how they are. Jasons shack is near them, so they are a good place to go after snagging the sweater (Jason will often morph to the nearest cabin and you can catch your breathe and grab a health spray from the graveyard). As you know, graveyards usually have a health spray, a shotgun, or an axe. I go to them if i am planning on killing Jason, want a shotgun early game, or often stop at them on the way to the cops. They are also decent for avoiding shift if Jason is after you and you can manage your stam.

This is an interesting topic. I wish they had more of a purpose, but also wouldn't want them to be overly busy. The off the beaten track/isolated mood they have is perfect. The Higgins Haven graveyards are examples of a graveyard that does not need a change, and one that does. The one that spawns in the upper left portion of the map doesn't need any changing. it is near multiple cabins, the shack, campsites, and an exit. The one that spawns on the bottom right on Higgins Small, in that little jut off the map, is creepy and atmospheric, but pointless. Unless someone is wanting to wait out the timer by crouching (it doesn't work) no one goes there. Adding some sort of appeal to entice counsellors would make for some eerie encounters with Jason. 

EDIT: I remembered you are referring to the alternate graveyards, and I fully agree!

41 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

Their also adding another graveyard kill. It's where Jason takes a tombstone out of the ground and beats them with it.

If this is true, that would be awesome.

Wait! I just started a thread on something similar but I'll copy what I wrote over:

"So I can't exactly remember where, but either on the F13 game website or one of the loading screens in-game, there's a sentence along the lines of "Having difficulty escaping Jason? Unlock the priest in the graveyard by finding the secret Pamela (or tommy but I think Pamela) tapes"

Anyone have any info on this? I've scoured the internet with no avail. Maybe they removed the feature? Haven't seen it on a loading screen in a while either and I can't find it on the game site anywhere or in the forums 

"

I agree the graveyards should have more of a purpose like the campsites do now. That being said, can everyone start hiding in tents more so I can get my goddamn sleeping bag kill achievement already?!?!

3 hours ago, NScarlato said:

It has a purpose for me.  I find Pamela's tombstone and dance over her grave.

You're in luck. The Crystal Lake small map has Jason's tombstone.