ShiftySamurai

Balance Updates in the Upcoming Patch - 12.07.2017

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I have a feeling this is what's gonna happen...

1. The patch is going to drop around Wednesday or Thursday of the following week, combined with another double XP heading into Christmas weekend, maybe even a longer stretch over both holidays.

2. The servers go down for the 13,000,000th time.

3. Once this happens, it will be radio silence from then until after the new year starts, unless they throw in a quick hot fix for breakage

4. We probably won't get any news about what's ahead in this content/bug fix patch until Thursday or Friday this week

That's a cautiously optimistic/slice of pessimism viewpoint because of the holiday and there literally won't be anybody around between xmas and new years.

Fixed. Gun didn't learn from the past issues on F13, which led to the game's servers being down on that day. 

On 12/9/2017 at 12:42 AM, Blinckx said:

Medic perk change meh, i think is still way too powerfull, right now it allow 6 copy of the spray on a single character and that's way too much
Less item in the cabin and more in the campsite is nice
Heavy Hitter "nerf" is ok but still is TOO DAMN EASY TO CHAIN STUN JASON, this must change.

Honestly i won't call those changes  "Balance change" because it won't affect the balance at all in my point of view. I hope there it will be more blanace changes other than those and a lot of bug fixes

Sometimes I feel like we're playing a completely different game. Medic should definitely not be changed, especially when part 2 Jason has 7 damn Traps. Medic helps counselors tank Traps to fix the objectives. 

Chain stunning Jason? I have trouble just stunning him once. In the last game I played, part 2 Jason broke through the door, I hit him with a bat, and he just shrugged it off and grabbed me. Jason can also grab a counselor and face you to make it impossible to hit him and save them. I don't uderstand why Jason players want more than they need. Fix his grab and traps, what ever, but stop asking for unnecessary things such as perks for Jason or no more pocket knives or whatever. 

On 12/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, BeepBeepRichie said:

Sometimes I feel like we're playing a completely different game. Medic should definitely not be changed, especially when part 2 Jason has 7 damn Traps. Medic helps counselors tank Traps to fix the objectives. 

Chain stunning Jason? I have trouble just stunning him once. In the last game I played, part 2 Jason broke through the door, I hit him with a bat, and he just shrugged it off and grabbed me. Jason can also grab a counselor and face you to make it impossible to hit him and save them. I don't uderstand why Jason players want more than they need. Fix his grab and traps, what ever, but stop asking for unnecessary things such as perks for Jason or no more pocket knives or whatever. 

Balancing the game around 'back half of the curve' players like what you described yourself as doing, however, leads to Jason being a punching bag more often than not. Medic absolutely needs to have its spine broken, just as Tough Skin did - it can offer 100% healing from a spray regardless of damage, but it should no longer double spray uses. If you have 7 traps to deal with, use some of your newly-increased pocketknife spawns.

9 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Balancing the game around 'back half of the curve' players like what you described yourself as doing, however, leads to Jason being a punching bag more often than not. Medic absolutely needs to have its spine broken, just as Tough Skin did - it can offer 100% healing from a spray regardless of damage, but it should no longer double spray uses. If you have 7 traps to deal with, use some of your newly-increased pocketknife spawns.

There aren't any more pocket knives in game. They simply took some out of cabins and put them at campsites.

Traps aren't and shouldn't be these powerful things that should be very risky to get rid of. They are alarms for Jason that cause damage, not a weapon to catch counselors and get a free kill. Medic helps with tanking traps. If you got rid of medic, counselors would have to use pocket knives on traps, which doesn't make sense because of how valuable they are. Pocket knives should ONLY be used if you have a high repair stat or someone around you does and there's only one trap at the objective. This allows you to build it without Jason noticing. 

Honestly, I feel like Jason players aren't too worried about balancing the game. They simply want to shift it heavily to Jason's side and make it easy. And no, I'm not a counselor main who wants it easy for them too. I don't have a preference. They already nerfed high-luck counselors and made them only be able to tank one trap, that should be more than enough on that front.

4 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

There aren't any more pocket knives in game. They simply took some out of cabins and put them at campsites.

Incorrect. As admitted by shifty, the total number of items "slightly increased" with the cabin/campsite shuffle. This is looking like at least an additional 1-2 total knives per game. We'll need to wait for additional play testing before confirming exact amount of increase, of course, because the dev team as per usual doesn't know exactly what their patch actually did/didn't do.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Incorrect. As admitted by shifty, the total number of items "slightly increased" with the cabin/campsite shuffle. This is looking like at least an additional 1-2 total knives per game. We'll need to wait for additional play testing before confirming exact amount of increase, of course, because the dev team as per usual doesn't know exactly what their patch actually did/didn't do.

Can you show me the post where that is said? 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It'd make for a more productive discussion if you could be arsed to read the handful of preceding pages in the thread: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13741-balance-updates-in-the-upcoming-patch-12072017/?do=findComment&comment=187019

I wasn't aware that he said it in this specific thread. 

He said there may be a slight increase but that he needs to get clarification. So, basically, it's not confirmed. 

2 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

I wasn't aware that he said it in this specific thread. 

He said there may be a slight increase but that he needs to get clarification. So, basically, it's not confirmed. 

Whatever you prefer to think: I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

See also: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14065-lets-talk-about-the-item-increase/?do=findComment&comment=194103

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Whatever you prefer to think: I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

See also: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14065-lets-talk-about-the-item-increase/?do=findComment&comment=194103

But that could be flawed seeing as how they found a different amount in each map. I tested it twice and only found 6 so I'm not too certain about the numbers. 

It's not what I prefer to think, it's what was said... 

I have a good feeling that if they haven't already implemented the proper buffs to Jason in the upcoming patch, then they will certainly start now, especially with all the people here that used to defend the last patch now saying Jason sucks.

My psychic link to the servers is telling me that Jason's gonna be a beast again.