ShiftySamurai

Balance Updates in the Upcoming Patch - 12.07.2017

so the whole time perks were suppose to be useless, it wasn't just crap coding. good to know.

I guess this is a great case of be careful what you wish for, we all wanted a patch, but look at the crap we keep getting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol perks are such an afterthought for me. I have As I've mentioned in other threads though, Medic is pretty useless for me. I rarely go into a limping state as it is. If I die, it's because I was out of defensive items.

Tanking traps is an auto-limp. If you're not doing that routinely, you're not helping the team fully. I usually eat a good 2-3 per match.

It also allows longer broken window looping and lets you loop a second story window without risk, forcing Jason to waste a cooldown to even have a chance of getting to you.

Essentially that one perk lets you burn multiple traps, and multiple Shift/Morph cooldowns due to undermining loop penalties. No other perk comes close to that, and almost everyone runs it for those reasons. It may as well be the default perk. The fact rarity hardly affects it just adds to this.

Thick Skin pre-nerf had the same warping effect and was nerfed for that reason. Medic should be too for the same reason.

I'd propose making the rarity mean something by making it just a percentage chance of not exhausting the spray, with epic being 40% or so. I'd have it calculated on use too to stop people cycling through pickups, replacing the icon with a half-empty one to denote success.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There is a small decrease to how many defensive items will spawn in cabins, though it will likely be too small of a change for most people to notice.

Shifty, are they reducing the number of defensive items that spawn or keeping the same values? In particular pocket knives and med-sprays.

Are guaranteed spawn locations going away, like the med-spray upstairs at Higgins main house and Packanack lodge bathroom? Or will this only affect items randomized in drawers?

The medic perk issue I'm glad to see gone.

Heavy Hitter was pretty much a non-issue. Not sure where that change came from.

Glad to see camp sites getting more love.

Thanks for throwing us a bone.😁 Prepare for the flood of questions.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Glad to see camp sites getting more love.

I want some graveyard love!

All the alternate Jason shack sites on the new maps are graveyards, and are hard to get to, and risky to enter due to being dead ends. Currently though there's no reason to go in, apart from the main one on Higgins, so people just turn back when they see the fences.

This is a shame, as they're atmospheric locations, and ones with an awesome, and extremely rare environmental kill attached.

I'd suggest maybe putting a shovel in as a much more durable version of the baseball bat (auto-stuns, 2x the uses). I think that'd be enough to attract people off the beaten path.

As there'd only ever be one per map, it wouldn't cause any real balance issues, but like the shotguns, be a highly-contested weapon.

Yes! So happy they’re preventing the fuse from spawning in the phone house. This was really needed cause I’ve seen so many Jasons rage quit when the phonecall gets made in the first minute. Also I’m really excited that campfires are gonna be more useful. I’m hoping we finally get options in private matches to toggle rain, counselor killing, etc. Can’t wait for the patch :) 

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's keep the conversation civil. Thank you. 

the fuse thing great the new spawn location thing is awful it just makes the items easir to find when what they should really do is make spawn less common in drawers

12 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There is a small decrease to how many defensive items will spawn in cabins, though it will likely be too small of a change for most people to notice.

Im just quoting this because the question has already been asked despite you answering it already here.

:)

I'm ok with the occasional item spawning around the camp sites. This should also give people more reason to venture outside their comfort zone more often and since defensive items will slightly decrease in cabins. This should make people venture more.

However others who have mentioned medic are right. There is a huge difference between newer players who don't have medic, thick skin, etc and those that don't. The ones without can be shredded like paper and the others are tanks that tank traps, eat knives and heal several times over.

The fuse change is LONG overdue, though on the small maps, I still don't see it making much difference. Those small maps really are hot garbage IMO. Balance is too skewed. Jason should get his abilities much quicker on those maps.

12 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

@ShiftySamurai Please clarify. Will there be a decreace in defensive items in general, or only in the cabins? There are way too many hairsprays and pocketknives running around as it is..

@ShiftySamurai

I'm also curious about this. Overall, are the more, less or the same amount of medsprays and pocketknives?

Even the addition of one extra pocketknife would have a fairly large effect on balance.

I wonder why people are complaining so much about pocket knifes. Sometimes I spend 3 or 4 matches without finding one. The idea of balance for some people here is 0 chances of survive for counselors and an easy-peasy match as Jason. Thank God developers never listen completely.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I wonder why people are complaining so much about pocket knifes. Sometimes I spend 3 or 4 matches without finding one. The idea of balance for some people here is 0 chances of survive for counselors and an easy-peasy match as Jason. Thank God developers never listen completely.

I think you're exaggerating and I don't see any point in being dismissive towards things that could negatively impact gameplay balance.

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I think you're exaggerating and I don't see any point in being dismissive towards things that could negatively impact gameplay balance.

When @ShiftySamurai replied he said the item spawn decrease would affect “in cabins” so it means they’re accounting for the items at the campsites. Think that’s safe to conclude they’re trying to keep the item spawns the same amount.

6 minutes ago, doitagain said:

When @ShiftySamurai replied he said the item spawn decrease would affect “in cabins” so it means they’re accounting for the items at the campsites. Think that’s safe to conclude they’re trying to keep the item spawns the same amount.

Here's hoping.

Looking forward to having a good read at this round of Patch Notes! Just need to see how it actually plays out and what content side additions we'll be getting and what fixes have been brought in it this time around.
Hope this brings back some of the decent players.

4 hours ago, kitcat said:

then you're the most unlucky person ever because i have no problem finding 2-3 each round 

I still feel like the grab remains broken with respect to Jason's arm reach to his left and right, but reducing stun time might make the grab issues seem less significant.  Will wait to see and then judge, and hope for the best.  Actually optimistic too, because the long delays may actually be magnifying the issue.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kitcat said:

I've had matches where I've never come across Jason. Didn't mean he wasn't in the game.

We have altered the spawn parameters of the fuse required to fix the phone box. At times the fuse would spawn too close to the objective, allowing for extremely quick fixes of the phone. The fuse will no longer spawn in the same building as the phone box.

I'm very excited to hear about some of the upcoming changes, but this one in particular is a great step in the right direction. As funny as they can be sometimes, starts like this can be incredibly frustrating for the Jason player.

• Like 1

My biggest hope is the bug/glitch/exploit fixes. The devs have had well over a month to continue tackling these, and since they said the majority of the next patch will focus on this, I'm hoping the game will start to run more smooth. I don't expect perfection, but at the very least to see some of the biggest offenders getting axed.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:49 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

You are right about that.  I haven't seen anything constructive from him other than trying to pass his own opinion as fact and having a holier than thou approach to everything.  Almost all of his posts just talk down to everyone.  Most people ignore him.  Eventually he will go away.  

4 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

You are right about that.  I haven't seen anything constructive from him other than trying to pass his own opinion as fact and having a holier than thou approach to everything.  Almost all of his posts just talk down to everyone.  Most people ignore him.  Eventually he will go away.  

No no don't worry. I'm not going anywhere.

And enough about me. This thread is about the upcoming patch.

Continue.

I don't expect a patch this weekend so if this doesn't hit by Tuesday, that's 7 weeks- which is insane.

Was it really not possible in these 6+ weeks to do a balance patch? I wonder who's call that was because it defies logic.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 10:34 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey counselors and slashers, as Courier said last week, the next update for Friday the 13th: The Game is more focused on bug fixes and content than balance, but there will be some differences that will change how you play.

We have added item spawn locations to campsites. This means that you could find a Pocket Knife or Medical Spray amongst the tents. Still on the topic of defensive items, a Medical Spray dropped by a player using the Medic perk will no longer have additional uses if a counselor without the Medic Perk equipped picks the item up.

We have altered the spawn parameters of the fuse required to fix the phone box. At times the fuse would spawn too close to the objective, allowing for extremely quick fixes of the phone. The fuse will no longer spawn in the same building as the phone box.

The last of the balance updates is a reduced effective range of the Heavy Hitter perk. The previous value range increased Jason stun time by 10% to 40%. These range values have been decreased to 5% and 15%. You’re still knocking Jason flat for long enough to begin your escape, but the stun duration will be far shorter.

We will have more information on the update, including patch notes, more in-depth looks at new features, and a release date, in the coming days.

Finally an update !!
That is what we need, communication !! Thanks.

About those changes, the fuse spawn is nice but, right now, not only the fuse spawn in the box cabin, it also spawn in the two cabin near the box, so please change that as well.
Medic perk change meh, i think is still way too powerfull, right now it allow 6 copy of the spray on a single character and that's way too much
Less item in the cabin and more in the campsite is nice
Heavy Hitter "nerf" is ok but still is TOO DAMN EASY TO CHAIN STUN JASON, this must change.

Honestly i won't call those changes  "Balance change" because it won't affect the balance at all in my point of view. I hope there it will be more blanace changes other than those and a lot of bug fixes