ShiftySamurai

Balance Updates in the Upcoming Patch - 12.07.2017

Hey counselors and slashers, as Courier said last week, the next update for Friday the 13th: The Game is more focused on bug fixes and content than balance, but there will be some differences that will change how you play.

We have added item spawn locations to campsites. This means that you could find a Pocket Knife or Medical Spray amongst the tents. Still on the topic of defensive items, a Medical Spray dropped by a player using the Medic perk will no longer have additional uses if a counselor without the Medic Perk equipped picks the item up.

We have altered the spawn parameters of the fuse required to fix the phone box. At times the fuse would spawn too close to the objective, allowing for extremely quick fixes of the phone. The fuse will no longer spawn in the same building as the phone box.

The last of the balance updates is a reduced effective range of the Heavy Hitter perk. The previous value range increased Jason stun time by 10% to 40%. These range values have been decreased to 5% and 15%. You’re still knocking Jason flat for long enough to begin your escape, but the stun duration will be far shorter.

We will have more information on the update, including patch notes, more in-depth looks at new features, and a release date, in the coming days.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey counselors and slashers, as Courier said last week, the next update for Friday the 13th: The Game is more focused on bug fixes and content than balance, but there will be some differences that will change how you play.

We have added item spawn locations to campsites. This means that you could find a Pocket Knife or Medical Spray amongst the tents. Still on the topic of defensive items, a Medical Spray dropped by a player using the Medic perk will no longer have additional uses if a counselor without the Medic Perk equipped picks the item up.

We have altered the spawn parameters of the fuse required to fix the phone box. At times the fuse would spawn too close to the objective, allowing for extremely quick fixes of the phone. The fuse will no longer spawn in the same building as the phone box.

The last of the balance updates is a reduced effective range of the Heavy Hitter perk. The previous value range increased Jason stun time by 10% to 40%. These range values have been decreased to 5% and 15%. You’re still knocking Jason flat for long enough to begin your escape, but the stun duration will be far shorter.

We will have more information on the update, including patch notes, more in-depth looks at new features, and a release date, in the coming days.

. . . the release date! The release date! The RELEASE date!! Oy vey! What's the RELEASE date??!!

(. . . and thank you!!)

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

YES! Fuck the balance, i've never had any issues with balance in this game. I just want the bots and challenges! I LOVE YOU GUN MEDIA! <3

• Like 1

I like the idea of finding a med spray or pocket knife amongst the tents. @ShiftySamurai, will the pocket knife / med spray count per map remain the same or is that increasing with this change as well?

People are going to be really bummed about the Heavy Hitter perk change.

14 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

I like the idea of finding a med spray or pocket knife amongst the tents. @ShiftySamurai, will the pocket knife / med spray count per map remain the same or is that increasing with this change as well?

There is a small decrease to how many defensive items will spawn in cabins, though it will likely be too small of a change for most people to notice.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There is a small decrease to how many defensive items will spawn in cabins, though it will likely be too small of a change for most people to notice.

Hey @ShiftySamurai, thanks for the response. A bit unclear though. So... does this mean there will be a mild decrease in defensive items in cabins + items spawning at camp sites equaling the same amount or possibly a little more defensive items total? Or is the total number of defensive items being mildly decreased?

23 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

The heavy hitter perk gives less than a second difference on some characters. It doesn't make much sense to nerf it when its not that great in the first place. Just secures medic/thick skin/Stamina perk meta thats been going on.

One thing to remember about perks in the game; they are in no way designed to offer any sort of major advantage. They are 'perks' in the sense that one might get a free coffee at the DMV or that you get a free alignment and tire rotation after swapping tires at a shop and dropping $1,000. Nice...but in the grand scheme of things they aren't designed to change things up by that much.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

One thing to remember about perks in the game; they are in no way designed to offer any sort of major advantage. They are 'perks' in the sense that one might get a free coffee at the DMV or that you get a free alignment and tire rotation after swapping tires at a shop and dropping $1,000. Nice...but in the grand scheme of things they aren't designed to change things up by that much.

You say that, but Medic warps the entire metagame around itself.

Taking the time to rebalance Heavy Hitter from 2 seconds to 1, and not this, is absurd.

I sometimes wonder if you guys are even playing the same game as the rest of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

You say that, but Medic warps the entire metagame around itself.

Taking the time to rebalance Heavy Hitter from 2 seconds to 1, and not this, is absurd.

I sometimes wonder if you guys are even playing the same game as the rest of us.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

...a Medical Spray dropped by a player using the Medic perk will no longer have additional uses if a counselor without the Medic Perk equipped picks the item up.

@ZooMalfunction, was there an adjustment you wanted beyond this?

28 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@ZooMalfunction, was there an adjustment you wanted beyond this?

Every single player runs the medic perk, so the only person likely to notice the change is that guy who always dies early and gets Tommy Jarvis.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Every single player runs the medic perk, so the only person likely to notice the change is that guy who always dies early and gets Tommy Jarvis.

Meh. I only equip it with Vanessa.

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Meh. I only equip it with Vanessa.

You're a small minority. Medic is THE perk. The most important one by far and it is amazing even if you get the worst possible version of it. I can understand skimping on thick skinned (another game changer) for certain characters but everyone should run Medic on all characters if they want to survive.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

You're a small minority. Medic is THE perk. The most important one by far and it is amazing even if you get the worst possible version of it. I can understand skimping on thick skinned (another game changer) for certain characters but everyone should run Medic on all characters if they want to survive.

I do alright without it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I use thick skin over medic. With thick skin, I can get by an entire game sometimes without a medspray, and with a med spray I am golden. Of course, I could use both, but implying that people need medic to live is ridiculous even though you might. Thick skin allows me to use my third item slot on something over than a med spray if I need to. 

6 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I use thick skin over medic. With thick skin, I can get by an entire game sometimes without a medspray, and with a med spray I am golden. Of course, I could use both, but implying that people need medic to live is ridiculous even though you might. Thick skin allows me to use my third item slot on something over than a med spray if I need to. 

You don't "need" it to live, but it's the best perk by far, allowing you to heal twice, heal others without losing a medspray, and tank traps more effectively, especially when paired with thick skinned. And getting two heals for one medspray essentially means an additional inventory slot.

Oh. Now campsites will be my first stop at the beginning of the match lol 

Thank you for all the information! :)

Will Part 7 Jason be getting a Buff as well? How about a new kill pack, I really am looking forward to one!

Does anyone actually use Heavy Hitter? I have a version with 35% stun increase and I don't feel much of a difference. Definitely not worth using now, so why nerf it?

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

One thing to remember about perks in the game; they are in no way designed to offer any sort of major advantage.....in the grand scheme of things they aren't designed to change things up by that much.

14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Does anyone actually use Heavy Hitter? I have a version with 35% stun increase and I don't feel much of a difference. Definitely not worth using now, so why nerf it?

You might not feel the difference but they did. 

I really love how the game is turning out from when i first started playing up until now, however my only problem is that I realized Jason has been getting stunned more often. Literally like every hit he gets stunned and I think it's kind of ridiculous because now jason is the vulnerable one here especially now that there's more pocket knives in the game. Jason's getting ganged up on, even the weak counselors get stuns just about the same as the hard hitters. He's not a fearsome slasher anymore in my opinion I just feel that if there's going to be more pocket knives the stunning should be reduced a little bit. The counselors get away too often and it's easier to kill jason if Tommy's in the game. Other than that I love the new map, new Jason, new counselors and the bug fixes. Communication makes the game more fun and the emotes was a great idea for those who don't have a mic. 

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I ran Heavy Hitter on Buggzy only. He is my only "offense-build" counselor with Heavy Hitter, Slugger, and Sucker Punch. When the game first started, those 3 were a deadly combo with the old Jason stun timers. Even afterward, it would keep a Jason down for a bit. 40% is a bit much, but now that it's way less, I will likely switch to my other perk sets that I run on every other character: Thick Skin, Medic, Hypochondriac.

I like the campfire item spawns. That will make it more worthwhile to check them out, especially if Jason is after you.

I never use Heavy Hitter anyway, so I'm indifferent to this nerf.

Thanks for the info, @ShiftySamurai

lol perks are such an afterthought for me. I have medic for the "dumb" characters, since their only use is retrieving parts and eating traps so the smart characters can fix things. I use Sucker Punch on a couple to increase the chances of stunning Jason, My Dad's a cop on a couple for obvious reasons...But I dunno, I don't feel like perks necessarily do anything for my game.

I still use preparedness on most of my characters in slot 1 because I can never find a map when I really need one (going to the stands is often risky too).

As I've mentioned in other threads though, Medic is pretty useless for me. I rarely go into a limping state as it is. If I die, it's because I was out of defensive items.

Thanks for the info @ShiftySamurai