Sign in to follow this  
Ste_Wolf

Query about being host

Why is it that when ever I am made the host in public matches I never get any players joining the lobby? I waited nearly half an hour once, and not a single player joined.

Is it some kind of regional issue?

Same here when I try. I left it in the lobby for over 2 hours to see exactly how long it would take and not a single person joined. 

I can only assume this is why it takes so long to find a game because the matchmaking system doesn't always work properly.

Same with me I have never hosted in  5 months and all the devices at home speedtest at around 22 ping 27 download and 5 upload here in Indiana. The real bitch about it is that I love the game even though its a mess now. Maybe its a PS4 thing. 

Same here.  Ps4.  I try hosting  public matches because I'm someone who won't leave because I didn't get Jason or because I died.  Cannot get anyone to join.  I had some friends of a friend join yesterday and their pings we're great. I asked if they had any lag or weird issues in match and the answer was no.   I had frame rate issues the entire time, but I've heard that happens as the host.  I don't get it.  Not sure why any of this happens. 

Im the same way I would never quit a match as the host. Thats why not being able to host sucks.When I get on to play I want to be in a room to have fun not waste my time to get in a match that ends because some jerk quits when they get killed. Man I hope they fix this.

interesting. I've had this happen to me as well as a Ps4 player once in a while. Wonder if it has to do with download digital copies vs hard copies of the game? Mine is a digital copy of the game.. how about you @Ste_Wolf@Maddogg_8121@dodger1010@DrLeatherface?

The folks I game with all have hard copies of the disc and they can host fine. So.. just want to see

This happens to a friend of mine.

When I host on PS4 the game often crashes when another player invites someone into the room.

We always try to host to avoid rage quitters.

It’s really... fucking... annoying.

8 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

interesting. I've had this happen to me as well as a Ps4 player once in a while. Wonder if it has to do with download digital copies vs hard copies of the game? Mine is a digital copy of the game.. how about you @Ste_Wolf@Maddogg_8121@dodger1010@DrLeatherface?

The folks I game with all have hard copies of the disc and they can host fine. So.. just want to see

I have both copies but uninstalled the digital for the hard copy.  So I run off of the physical now but this is the same for the digital as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Happens on both versions for me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Mine is a disc copy.  Never once been able to host a quick play game where people join 😕

I've hosted private games with ps4 friends no problem.

• Thanks 1

I can host public or private, disc or digital and don't have many problems. I'm on the east coast, Pennsylvania. Ps4, maybe it's a regional thing? I also have descent connection speed, the game has crashed after a long session a couple times but not too often.

Up until a month or so ago when I pretty much quit playing, I would only play if I was host and had no problems filling a lobby during busy times. Can't comment about recent weeks though. I'm also on PS4.