Pretty simple basically you get proximity text chat when you dont have a walkie talkie and a kinda world text chat when you have one.
We already got a lobby chat and the "has left has rejoined you will be kicked for being idle" kinda notifications in the top right corner so you could just use that as some kinda text box. Its low key, but people will notice it and it wont disrupt at all from gameplay. Text would be on screen for about 3 seconds, has a limit of about 10 words  (50 letters?) per message and you can only write every 15-30 seconds to prevent spamming of any kind. 3 seconds after a message was sent it fades into nothing, but if you press the text key the entire chatlog comes back up.

I find it frustrating that i cant communicate with people when im trying to get them to enter the car i fixed or to follow me to some place or that i dropped them a medspray. I  cant get a mic for personal reasons right now so i dont see why text chat isnt a thing. Practically every game has it and this game even has it in the lobby so it shouldnt be all too hard to add? 

for the console this would take too much time, people NEED a mic, this game works best with it. The only other thing I've seen people do is use their flash lights, but who the hell knows half the time what the flash means. SOMETIMES the flashing light works if you are in front of something, they will know.

Now on the PC this would work fine and agree a small little text chat would be okay for the area you are in like, "grab the battery, get to the car, I got keys!"

• Like 1

On the console: Maybe you could pair up the emotes with a short command. Like the Finger wave: Follow me etc. That would give the emotes a purpose as well.

1 minute ago, cwlunatic said:

On the console: Maybe you could pair up the emotes with a short command. Like the Finger wave: Follow me etc. That would give the emotes a purpose as well.

like maybe a little block text pops up above the character, "follow me." or point at the ground, "Pick that up" type deal?

Over there heads would look like crap i think. In the vottom left corner would be fine. Especially because you are not always looking right at them while you search for loot.

yeah i was talking for the pc version i dont think its too hard or time consuming to add and it will basically open up communication for like 70% of the entire playerbase so random public games  could finally have some real  communication going on.

5 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

yes we need that but exclude jason of this texte tchat only consulor 

Jason can read, while he was building that shack, he was studying for his Master's degree in history.. didn't you know? :D