I think Tommy Jarvis should have matches for the missing slot in his inventory. I know this missing slot is used for the phone battery but what Tommy Jarvis really ever finds that without already using up an item making your inventory less full. You do what you will to balance the matches out but i think it could work as Tommy used matches in his fight against Jason.

Matches would be cool if the game ever gave Tommy an alternative way to kill Jason, but I think in order for it to make it a appropriate balance is by leaving Tommy players with only two options.

Couple of examples could be something like.

A. Enter crystal lake and help the other counselors?

B. Search for the following items first: Matches, the boulder and a chain. Tommy can be somewhere outside the map trying to search for the items. The gas you can already retrieve from the camp. This choice would be a bold move, since your leaving the counselors for a brief moment. Take too long and Jason will eventually find you as Tommy.

25 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

B. Search for the following items first: Matches, the boulder and a chain. Tommy can be somewhere outside the map trying to search for the items. The gas you can already retrieve from the camp. This choice would be a bold move, since your leaving the counselors for a brief moment. Take too long and Jason will eventually find you as Tommy.

And when you have all components you simply drown Jason in the woods or concrete? This would simply make no sense, you never fight Jason in the water. And tommy wouldn't even be able to carry all those things. Interesting idea, but unfortunately senseless.

1 hour ago, cwlunatic said:

And when you have all components you simply drown Jason in the woods or concrete? This would simply make no sense, you never fight Jason in the water. And tommy wouldn't even be able to carry all those things. Interesting idea, but unfortunately senseless.

Not unless the chain is for the sole purpose of attaching it to a boulder. You combine those two, then got yourself a single carrying item. You may not even have to do that. It can already be a item itself in the game. I was actually proposing and relying more on the boat and propeller as the last piecing puzzles towards killing him. With that alone, you don't even have to be in the water. I forgot to mention this, but yes, Tommy would have to leave and enter the camp first for the kill to occur. Also, note I never said this had to take place on the current maps we have since I could understand why it would be a lot of work from the developer's point of view. It could be a whole unique map or game mode for all I care. It might sound difficult and senseless to do, but I don't think that makes it impossible. 

I guess that simply no one would do it. It sounds like a good idea for a F13 point & click game, but it is simply to difficult to pull it off alone as tommy jarvis. 

its a solid idea, just not one that will work for a multiplayer. Any Jason worth his salt in weight will know if Tommy shows up and is not helping counselors, what he is up to and knows to go after him ASAP, or stay away from the water areas.