Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

Breaking tables or sofas

I don’t know about anybody else, but I’m sick of chasing people around a table , I tested it today, yet again And I chased someone around a table for 4 minutes and 25 seconds and could not catch him,  he survived the night, this is something that has been present before Jason was nerfed But with the old grab you could catch the person, , IMO I thing Jason should be able to break or push tables aside, to prevent the ring around the rosey just saying ......

@NytmereZ

BJ383Rh.gif

1262096017_table-breaking-fail.gif

I guess long tables are built to last.

Time to do a slow jog for 20 minutes while everyone cheers me on in spectate mode.

wkuk___run_around_the_room_by_vaughnstum

• Haha 1

I have a strategy to counter that @Archgamer.

When I see Jason try to shift I immediately run into the room next to the long table.

Wait for Jason to follow. Then loop back around to the long table and crouch and hide by the furniture by the wall. 

Jason walks back and will look around. Walks outside to use sense. Walks back in and starts looking again.

I jog around the table again with my flashlight on if Jason sees me. Try to shift and I'll loop him through the cabin again. Throw in some dancing too.

It works very well with Vanessa. Epic marathon, epic restful and medic perk. Most Jasons will tunnel me and it helps the others repair everything.

I do agree during rage furniture needs to be able to be destroyed. Until then I will use the long tables when I need too.

2 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@NytmereZ

BJ383Rh.gif

1262096017_table-breaking-fail.gif

I guess long tables are built to last.

Time to do a slow jog to for 20 minutes while everyone cheers me on in spectate mode.

wkuk___run_around_the_room_by_vaughnstum

That is hilarious! The one in the middle looked like it hurt! Jason should be able to break tables and furniture, period!

• Like 1

Ben did mention this in that Quality of Life Improvements thread at the end of September, yeah.

He said that:

"We have explored this, however there's a ton of work that needs to go into this and there simply isn't the manpower available right now. We'd have to create additional assets of 'broken' furniture to allow for this, and depending on how much is destroyed in a given space lends the possibility of crashes, frame-rate drops and so forth. We likely won't be able to do this, but the idea has been explored."

The whole thread is worth a read if you haven't already (it's here in General, can use the Search bar too), as it covers a bunch of stuff being considered such as key binding, sandbox mode, addition XP, leaving penalties and so on.

• Like 2

Just keep chasing them around the table, they will always stumble ... so you will always catch them. Even if you run around 6 times you are getting closer each time because they will stumble in jason's presence.

At least tables.

Another day, Adam was circling a small sofa and I couldnt get him, even I was so close. Ridiculous.

It's very doable to catch these people. Patience and cunning from Jason will lead to their deaths. just make sure you don't waste time on one of these counsellors pre-rage, but with rage you will wear down their stam and catch them if you don't get too frustrated.

Right I love the cocky ones who do that just make sure you collect your knives and have patience and do not waste time on them use your stalking abilities also helps

14 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I have a strategy to counter that @Archgamer.

When I see Jason try to shift I immediately run into the room next to the long table.

Wait for Jason to follow. Then loop back around to the long table and crouch and hide by the furniture by the wall. 

Jason walks back and will look around. Walks outside to use sense. Walks back in and starts looking again.

I jog around the table again with my flashlight on if Jason sees me. Try to shift and I'll loop him through the cabin again. Throw in some dancing too.

It works very well with Vanessa. Epic marathon, epic restful and medic perk. Most Jasons will tunnel me and it helps the others repair everything.

I do agree during rage furniture needs to be able to be destroyed. Until then I will use the long tables when I need too.

Lol you could try that and you will fail like all the others lol top easy

1 hour ago, HLR316 said:

Lol you could try that and you will fail like all the others lol top easy

Watch as part 8 Jason chases me around a long table.

Can't touch this. :lol:

Video 1

Here is another video with part 4 Jason trying to chase me around a long table. He can run but, he can't grab me. :lol:

@Tattooey  @lHeartBreakerl @AldermachXI @Brigadius played in this match. I was playing with experienced players.

Video 2

How about doors and windows? @Risinggrave knows those can be a pain in the ass too. :lol:

Video 3

• Haha 1

I spent over 14 minutes running a decent Jason around a table. And there were at least 4 grabs that had no business not snagging me. 

Should never happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

How about doors and windows? @Risinggrave knows those can be a pain in the ass too. :lol:

Video 3

I don't know what eldritch god you were blowing that night, but those broken glass shards you were rubbing your balls over at the endshould have killed you! 

That was definitely a down to the wire game. Good times. 

• Haha 3

The counselor wants to play Ring-Around-The-Table?

As Jason I walk out the cabin door next to the table, step just beyond the doorframe, slip into stalk angle my camera where I can see the counselor, wait, and watch. The static will give the impression that you've either shifted or used stalk. One of a few things are going to happen, and I have approaches for each:

• Counselor freezes in place? Shift into the room and grab or chop.
  • Counselor climbs out the window? Either shift to the outside of that window or inside the window, just out of frame, depending on the pattern they have established. If I anticipate they're coming back in, I'm already in stalk. I'll just grab them when they hit the floor, and send them right back out that window. If I anticipate a flight from the building I'm shifting to grab them on their way.
  • Counselor runs into the next room? Shift just out of view between the hallway and the doorway, (or right next to the hole in the wall, if applicable) and wait to see what they do next.

If the counselor is leading you around the table, you're giving them control of the chase. Take that control away by putting yourself out of sight. Make them guess what you plan to do. In my opinion, Ring-Around-The-Table, is much easier than Ring-Around-The-Car, and I LOVE me some Ring-Around-The-Car!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just make so Jason can grab them from the other side of the couch which is believable I know I can reach from the front of my to the back(not side to side)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I don't know what eldritch god you were blowing that night, but those broken glass shards you were rubbing your balls over at the endshould have killed you! 

That was definitely a down to the wire game. Good times. 

Damn I'm glad I wasn't drinking hot coffee or soda when I read this or my sinuses would have been on fire from blowing that shit out my nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/12/2017 at 8:04 PM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

And I LOVE me some Ring-Around-The-Car!

Any advice for winning Ring Around The Car as Jason?

6 minutes ago, BigSpud said:

Any advice for winning Ring Around The Car as Jason?

Back away from the car, with the counselor still in view. When you are about 2 car lengths away, engage shift, and then you have given yourself enough room to steer whichever direction the counselor chooses to run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1