AldermachXI

Top Issues with the Game as Voted by the Community

Top Issues with the Game as voted by the Community  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Top Issues with the Game?

• Dedicated Servers (or lack thereof)
    • Jason's Grab / Hit Detection
    • Atmosphere - Emotes, Costumes, Other...
    • Trolls / Hackers
    • Other Bugs/Glitches (Jason can't interact, Objective glitches, Mannequin Counselors)

Let's use this thread to vote on and discuss what we believe to be the top issues with the game.

Hopefully the addition of a poll can give the devs/mods and Gun a clear indication of what it is the community sees as the biggest issues that need to be addressed.

I've added a few choices of Top Issues to vote on for the time being. Please feel free to nominate other issues for consideration. If a few people agree, we'll add it to the poll. 

Please also discuss/explain what you voted for. Hopefully mods/devs can pop in and let us know which issues they are / aren't aware of or can ask for clarification on the issues we're seeing as players.

I'll get the ball rolling with Jason's Grab / Hit Detection. I think this has had a greater negative effect on the game than anything else...I think it has compounded and exposed several other issues. But it's the reason why I'm just not having fun with the game right now. You spend time getting into a good lobby (server issues), finally get a round as Jason (balance issues), and then you don't have a good time playing as Jason because so much of the game is buggy or the host quits (server issue, Jason's grab/hit detection, bugs/glitches), and then you get trolled by people in dancing in Halloween costumes (why are they still around?).

• Like 2

Dedicated Servers is probably the #1 main gripe in my book. It is already to the point where people on mic would shout "hallelujah!" every time an actual match completes. The ratio between game disconnections vs completed games is laughable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I would like to suggest trolls/hackers as an issue.

Ok. I'll add that one because I'm sure more than a handful of people would suggest it.

Should remove dedicated servers because they said they are coming at some point.

You might as well split grab range into balance issues and hit detection into bugs/glitches.

Might as well remove atmosphere while you are at it since you can't control other people.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Ok. I'll add that one because I'm sure more than a handful of people would suggest it.

Noice.

@AldermachXI Jason's grab/hit detection, hands down. If I can't hit a counselor that is right in front of me...I am not Jason. I am Chunk from the fucking Goonies. It is a sad state of affairs to see the guy that scared me so much as a kid be turned into that blubbering turd that showed up at the end of Jason Takes Manhattan.

Just my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've voted dedicated servers. It's been my main complaint from the first week I played the game. There's no point in my opinion of adding new shit to the game if you can't even play it. Eventually I got used to just constantly searching and quitting lobbies until I was host. Too many hours lost playing games that got disconnected.

The shit they did to Jason and the constant bugs were the nail in the coffin however. I'm not going to spend a bunch of time searching for a game, waiting for it to fill only to be chosen as Jason and get fucked for 20 minutes. Either by spawning in the upside down instead of my shack and unable to move, be unable to swing my weapon/break down doors which inevitably leads to being trolled by dancing counselors in stupid costumes. On the off chance I can actually use Jason's full arsenal, I can't grab someone right fucking next to me, can't hit someone who just started climbing through a window or someone who is not on level ground. All of which inevitably leads to being trolled by dancing counselors in stupid costumes.

Even worse is playing as a counselor and escaping every fucking time with ease.

1 minute ago, Jawbone said:

Should remove dedicated servers because they said they are coming at some point.

You might as well split grab range into balance issues and hit detection into bugs/glitches.

Might as well remove atmosphere while you are at it since you can't control other people.

Until the dedicated servers are there, people should still be able to vote on how big of an issue it is. The idea behind the thread is to see what should take priority, according to the community. As we're already seeing, people see Jason's Grab / Hit Detection as the biggest issue - which is exactly what I expected.

I realize grab range IS a balance issue and that Hit Detection is a general bug, but I feel they need their own option for voting, as they're the top issues within those categories, respectively.

And Atmosphere pertains to the choices the devs make...i.e. Offering up Halloween costumes for use year round. I personally think that should have been free content added for the week of Halloween, then gone after that. It hurts the atmosphere to see Vanessa still running around as Wonder Woman. Are dance emotes worth it? Sure, they add something. But hardly worth the ammo it gives to trolls. I can't think of a "proper use" of dance emotes. Can you?

17 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I can't think of a "proper use" of dance emotes. Can you?

Sure. Add this one. Sorry, I had to.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I just want good atmosphere! Halloween was two months ago! Stop wearing fucking bunny coustumes! It was funny for 5 minutes! The costumes were a total waste of dev time and money! The costumes should have been free and you could only where them from Oct 28 through Nov 5 that would have been fine. What's next? Santa Eric, reindeer Deborah, elf Vanessa, Krampus Jason? And the emotes! The fucking emotes! Emote party pack ONE!? Please don't tell me there is going to be another! People want fucking snow maps!? Do they not realize it is SUMMER CAMP!? How about add paid content that is more then just for laughs. Add counselor clothing that makes sense like the spring break pack! That fit in perfect. Not Halloween costumes! Not dance emotes! Sorry I just had to rant a bit.

I believe the devs said something along the lines of, “Jason hasn’t been nerfed, the counselors are just getting better.”  If that were true, wouldn’t Jason players be getting better as well?  I’ve seen veteran lv101 Jason players getting the crap beat out of them by lvl 20s so I don’t think that’s the case.  Seeing Jason claw frantically at the air only to miss a counselor standing right next to him again and again is just awful.  That window destroy prompt is also annoying as hell.  This force field thing I feel is just dumb.  A counselor is climbing in(I know you could throw a knife to stop the animation)the window and you’re right next to them and can’t stop them from going in.  It’s like, “oh go ahead, climb on in. You safe?  Ok let me break it now.”  Takes you completely out of the moment.  

• Like 4

dedicated servers... hands down. unless you exclusively play private, i have no idea how anyone could vote for anything else. 

i would hate to even guesstimate how many hours of my life i have wasted sitting in lobby after lobby only to have the host quit the second they die. 

i don't get much free time so what i do get is very important to me. i have literally had days where I'm lucky if i average one completed round an hour. one of the final straws for me was a few weeks back when i think i played for 3 hours and completed one single match. 

• Like 1

Leavers. They are a plague. I miss the vote option for that. 8/10 games. if i am lucky. i had 10/10 with up to 3 i am not jason leavers already.

@ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben @illchuck @[IllFonic]Courier

Dedicated servers. Xbox One and PS4

When you start to thank the host everytime a full match is completed you know something is wrong. :lol:

My number one hated thing about the game and the reason I don't play very often anymore.

Wait 10 to 30 games to be Jason.

Host can see they did not get picked as Jason and I was selected.

Game was suspended: Host has left the match.

Wait 10 to 30 games again to be Jason.

Host is the first player to die.

Wait 10 to 30 games to be Jason.

Host has 3 pocket knives. I hear them telling everyone on the mic. I slash them to death.

Wait 10 or 30 games to be Jason...again.

A random player decides to run over the host and everyone in the lobby with the car. Host dies.

Wait 10 to 30 games to be Jason...seriously...this is 💩 

Player takes the objective parts and locks them in a second story room on top of a bed and locks the door. Hides in an exploit so Jason can't kill them. Host dies. Watches the troll in spectate mode. Then quits.

Wait 10 to 30 matches to be Jason...please...don't...rage quit...you son of a bitch!

Host knows I'm level 101. Says over the mic at the start "Yo dawg dis b 2 hard. We neva gunna killz Jasoon. Letz find da ez lobbi wif dem noobz'''

Jason and counselor selection preference needs to be worked on.

Counselor only players should never be picked as Jason if a Jason preference player is in the lobby.

Players just joining a new lobby have a higher chance of being Jason than players that have been playing in the lobby longer.

This is why players quit if not selected as Jason at the intro of a match. Abuse this issue until they get picked.

I see the same players getting Jason in quickplay that already played him while I am forced to wait 30 matches.

Passed over by new players joining that rage quit their last match.

Jason's nerfed 1 inch grab range needs to be fixed.

Try playing in a lobby with 400ms - 999ms with rain and tell me you are having fun playing as Jason with the lag and performance issues on Xbox One. 

This is why I only play as Part 3 and slash everyone.

Combat, combat stance and hit boxes for Jason and counselors needs some work.

The combat does not feel smooth. It's players wildy swinging and missing most of the time.

Players will swing in the opposite direction while Jason repeatedly grabs at nothing.

Windows.

Jason needs to be able to swing and break windows without waiting for a counselor to climb through it.

Remove the god mode for counselors that are in the animation of climbing through a window.

Allow counselors to be grabbed or attacked at any part of the animation when climbing through a window.

• Like 1

Grab/hit boxes.

The grab is debatable, buy i think the range was better before. I was able to get passed Jason more times than not anyway. After that the game is just wayyy to easy in private matches.

Also, as Jason it sucks as well. But I'm not Jason that much anyway.

Hit boxes are not debateable. They are utter dog shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddarino said:

I've voted dedicated servers. It's been my main complaint from the first week I played the game. There's no point in my opinion of adding new shit to the game if you can't even play it. Eventually I got used to just constantly searching and quitting lobbies until I was host. Too many hours lost playing games that got disconnected.

The shit they did to Jason and the constant bugs were the nail in the coffin however. I'm not going to spend a bunch of time searching for a game, waiting for it to fill only to be chosen as Jason and get fucked for 20 minutes. Either by spawning in the upside down instead of my shack and unable to move, be unable to swing my weapon/break down doors which inevitably leads to being trolled by dancing counselors in stupid costumes. On the off chance I can actually use Jason's full arsenal, I can't grab someone right fucking next to me, can't hit someone who just started climbing through a window or someone who is not on level ground. All of which inevitably leads to being trolled by dancing counselors in stupid costumes.

Even worse is playing as a counselor and escaping every fucking time with ease.

Yep. Each patch made it easier for the counselors with the exception of the second to last patch. That patch actually gave Jason some teeth again. And then they somehow decided that they needed to totally remove the balance in the other direction.

I thought it was easy to survive at it's hardest, but at least you had to work a bit and put yourself in danger from time to time. Now if I die it's mainly because I'm fucking around or was going out of my way to get boat escapes or survive the nights for patches. On a rare occasion a Jason just outplayed me.

Most of the time I play in private so I understand wanting to make it a bit easier in pub matches. But the pendulum broke way too far in the opposite direction for private matches. I don't see why they couldn't have an options toggle button on things like knives, items showing up on maps, etc.

They've made a game that was unique in that you had to communicate to have a chance to survive and then went totally away from that direction.

I wish this game would take the kid gloves off again for the counselors.

• Like 1

Jason must be be fixed above all else.

I never really appreciated how vital the grab mechanic was until it was gone. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I suppose. As I was learning the game from the beginning, I was of the mind that the grab range was unfair. This was before I knew how to counter it. Jason was a threat because I didn't have the proper information. With research, the proper tools, and combat knowledge, I am now able to face off against Jason Voorhees.

Gameplay Knowledge -> Objectives -> Combat. This was/is my natural evolutionary process for this game, with "Survival" being the underlying theme. I'm still learning, too. Starting out, you're scared and have no idea what to do. You spawn, die, spectate and repeat. Eventually once you get a solid grasp on gameplay, you'll start to survive more. Then, you'll start to value objective play. Maybe you want fast repairs in the beginning, then once you handle fast repairs, you can use other characters. Perhaps now you will see the importance of fighting Jason and will then dedicate effort to said category.

Know your enemy. I know that Jason is innately impaired deep down within his code, so I will take advantage of this. Counselors have gotten smarter, yes, but Jason has been made weaker and is thus bullied by all, regardless of the attacking player's knowledge and skill set. Since Jason's tools for destruction have been tampered with, his threatening presence is limited. People are struggling as the killer because the game itself is working against them. Give them the proper tools to eliminate players, and let the player refine their skills to become a formidable foe through research and experience.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, matisangry said:

dedicated servers... hands down. unless you exclusively play private, i have no idea how anyone could vote for anything else. 

i would hate to even guesstimate how many hours of my life i have wasted sitting in lobby after lobby only to have the host quit the second they die. 

i don't get much free time so what i do get is very important to me. i have literally had days where I'm lucky if i average one completed round an hour. one of the final straws for me was a few weeks back when i think i played for 3 hours and completed one single match. 

Yeah. I play mainly private. But I totally would vote for this if I didn't. Even despite the other issues being pretty major as well.

1 hour ago, Gdain said:

I believe the devs said something along the lines of, “Jason hasn’t been nerfed, the counselors are just getting better.”  If that were true, wouldn’t Jason players be getting better as well?  I’ve seen veteran lv101 Jason players getting the crap beat out of them by lvl 20s so I don’t think that’s the case.  Seeing Jason claw frantically at the air only to miss a counselor standing right next to him again and again is just awful.  That window destroy prompt is also annoying as hell.  This force field thing I feel is just dumb.  A counselor is climbing in(I know you could throw a knife to stop the animation)the window and you’re right next to them and can’t stop them from going in.  It’s like, “oh go ahead, climb on in. You safe?  Ok let me break it now.”  Takes you completely out of the moment.  

Well said. I'm an okay Jason. But there are matches where you just get ragdolled by AJs and Debs. Again grab is worse, fine I'll swing. Wait, my swings are doing nothing and their backswing from the baseball bat just knocked me down...

Must be lag. Ha!

I think dedicated servers need to happen first and foremost it will make QP atches more bearable, it mostly hurts PS4 players because Xbox has the Looking for group function, and PC has dedicated servers.

Then next should be making Jason great again, fix his grab so he can reach a cone in front of him, not just RIGHT in front of him. Improve his stun resistance, no sense getting knocked on your ass 54 times a match.

The trolls will always be around, there is nothing you can really do about it, i wish it was as simple as fixing something in the coding to get rid of them, but alas its not, if there is a multiplayer game, there are trolls.

The random bugs/glitches will be fixed i hope eventually.

The "atmosphere" will always be bad now that dancing/costumes are in game, people paid for those costumes, wouldn't you be pissed if you bought something you can only use in game 31 days a year?

Im a console player.. so dedicated servers before anything else, with servers there is no game for us, thus no reason to fix anything else in game, if no on can play. I hope that makes sense. I dont see getting dedicated console servers up, that big of an issue, but what do I know?

I really hope you don't see this as a "troll response." I just want to address each point from my POV:

1 hour ago, Chace Hollett said:

I just want good atmosphere! Halloween was two months ago! Stop wearing fucking bunny costumes! It was funny for 5 minutes! The costumes were a total waste of dev time and money! The costumes should have been free and you could only where them from Oct 28 through Nov 5 that would have been fine.

The Halloween costumes are enormously popular. Why is it so hard to think that someone held a costume party at the camp, and Jason showed up to hunt them down? That seems like it would fit pretty well into the storyline to me. I bet if you were at a costume party and some giant maniac showed up and started slaughtering everyone, you'd run away and try to escape in your costume, too. And please do know that the devs are broken-up into MANY teams -- and those tasked with creating costumes do NOT work on the actual game dynamics, so there's no waste of time at all.

What's next? Santa Eric, reindeer Deborah, elf Vanessa, Krampus Jason? People want fucking snow maps!? Do they not realize it is SUMMER CAMP!?

Again, while not in the films, there have been F13 tales of Jason stalking people in the winter. I very much doubt Jason gives anyone a "non-summer pass." Suppose a group of teenage friends went to the Crystal Lake woods to do some winter hunting? Wouldn't Jason come after them? It's simply diversity -- rather than constantly revisiting the same idea in the same time of year. (And I, personally, would LOVE to see a game mode where you have to help Santa defeat Jason. It would be fun, yet still scary! And that's what the game is supposed to be.)

And the emotes! The fucking emotes! Emote party pack ONE!? Please don't tell me there is going to be another! 

Have to agree with you, here. Dancing in front of an undead giant who is trying to painfully murder you is unrealistic at best. I'm fine with the GESTURE emotes -- but I detest the dancing.

Sorry I just had to rant a bit.

You're always welcome to rant. It does get listened to. But, in matters like these, majority will always rule. Again, I'd love to have a snow map to change things up a bit. Imagine a frozen-over lake you can run across? I wouldn't even mind the counselors getting holiday outfits. I can see them holding a Christmas party at the camp, only to be pursued by Jason. 

We all have a voice here. No one's opinion is more valuable than anyone else's. But one thing we need to do is to try to understand the things we dislike so that we can accept them. I can promise you: the devs listen more closely to the calmer, logical arguments over the emotional, angry ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Leavers. They are a plague. I miss the vote option for that. 8/10 games. if i am lucky. i had 10/10 with up to 3 i am not jason leavers already.

This would fall under "dedicated servers". Quitters aren't a problem on dedicated servers, unless it's Jason quitting. Even then, you end up back in the lobby and not searching for a new one entirely.